Do you double-clutch?

Do you double-clutch?

• Total voters
all the people that have said it is useless, never tried it/got it right, or never drove a car with bad syncros (and downshifted from a high rpm)

I do it occasionally just for shits and giggles, or when shifting to reverse. And I try to rev-match on the down shifts. I had to learn to double-clutch to drive a crane-truck around job sites, lol it doesn't even have synchros, and it had something like 12 forward gears.

Nah, just left foot brake.. ;)

i double clutch only because my mazda gearbox is made of glass and at this point i will do anything that saves wear and tear on what is basially an irreplaceable part

however when i am in pretty much any other car i never bother since any modern manual tranmission can handle the strain

Last edited:
oops, meant to vote no

Been doing so for a few weeks now...my second gear crunches in cold weather if I don't, so now I do it all the time. It saves the syncros for when I really need/want to push it, and it's a good habit to learn anyway. Just got back from a week's vacation where all I had to drive were Camry-based cars, and driving back from the airport, double-clutching all the way back and feeling the road was so damn invigorating.