[02x01] May 1st, 2003

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
"I AM A DRIVING GOD!"

Priceless.

I agree. The more old releases the better! Hope to see more. Was great epsiode.

Let me extend thanks to all those responsible for getting it out. I'll buy you a pint of bitter some day.

Great job, Viper and/or VUK!

Hah, James May seemed like he was trying bit back in the day but his review of his old Bentley was one of the greatest segments on Top Gear... ever?

I seem do be having choppy audio, and a freeze when James is leafing through the magazine...should I try re-downloading it?

If not...is anyone else experiencing this or could recommend a fix? It freezes in the same place in both WMP and DivX player.

Last edited:
I seem do be having choppy audio, and a freeze when James is leafing through the magazine...should I try re-downloading it?

BitTorrent doesn't make mistakes when downloading a file. It uses hash checks. ;)

This episode made me wish the Smart Roadster was sold in America and had a 5-speed.

BitTorrent doesn't make mistakes when downloading a file. It uses hash checks. ;)

Well BitTorrent may not make mistakes, but the video DOES freeze at just over 25 minutes in. The only way to get past it without a crash is to manually move the slider ahead of the freeze point, BEFORE it hits the freeze point.

Last edited:
Well BitTorrent may not make mistakes, but the video DOES freeze at just over 25 minutes in. The only way to get past it without a crash is to manually move the slider ahead of the freeze point, BEFORE it hits the freeze point.
I'm not saying it doesn't, I'm just saying it didn't download wrong.

I haven't actually watched the rip myself, so I don't know. ;)

I love this episode, but is when is the 2nd one coming out? it and 1x03 were my only real bad ones, the 2x02 I have is subtitled in Italian, I don't need the subtitles.

If not...is anyone else experiencing this or could recommend a fix? It freezes in the same place in both WMP and DivX player.

Same here. Right as he is looking through the adverts. It froze my DVD player :mad:

Yes, at around 25 minutes and 36 seconds in, just as he was mentioning the Bentley. VideoLAN's player does not crash, it just skips the broken frames, so that might be an option. On Linux, gxine crashed when I played the video in full-screen mode but didn't in windowed mode. Totem (with the Gstreamer back-end) also skipped the offending part but the sound died after that part.

crashed for me too... maybe needs to be re-compiled and a new torrent available for download? Not to be ungrateful, its just...

I can't reproduce your problems. I use the CCCP codec pack with MPC and it works fine on numerous systems.