Our new 2007 F150

gtrietsc

Car(s)
'07 Ford F-150 FX4, '06 BMW M5
We traded my fiance's Mustang convertible for a new 2007 F150 XLT SuperCrew the day after Christmas. Between my GTO/Monaro and her Mustang, we had trouble moving anything of modest size, and have no tow vehicle for my boat. Thanks to my company having X-Plan for its employees, and some healthy end-of-year rebates, we got if for $7000 below invoice! (Hope the pic works)

343315170_d89534393b.jpg

343315146_7e84127288_o.jpg

Last edited:
Why this instead of the equivalent SUV? (ie. Ford Expedition). Do you need the bed for anything?

An equivalent SUV would cost a lot more, and honestly we do need to cargo space the bed provides. I just used it to bring home a new oven/range and a wine rack the other day, actually.

The thing I loved about trucks, as opposed to SUVs, if the view: nearly no blindspots, especially in trucks without back seats. The other thing: Since you're not heating the back area, the cabin's heater and AC work REALLY well! (plus the stereo sounds better).

Those wheels look really silly on it but otherwise :thumbsup:

Oh my God, you're killing baby seals and melting the Arctic Ocean.

Seriously, that's a cool truck, and they ARE immensely useful. Have fun with the boat. 8)

Those wheels look really silly on it but otherwise :thumbsup:

I would have liked larger (those wheels are 17") but the dealer markup is crazy on that stuff. I might entertain replacing them when the tires wear out...

Nice rig. I'd love to get one for myself (3 kids and all the homeowner-ish stuff) but if there's one thing I hate it's a new car payment! :mad:

Looks like a great towing rig.:)

Nice truck. Did you get the 4.6 or the 5.4?

Nice truck. Did you get the 4.6 or the 5.4?

Thanks. We got the 4.6 - I would have liked the 5.4, but just couldnt justify the expense - I think it adds about $2000, and the mileage is the same. The 4.6 is still rated to tow I think like 7250 lbs, and that should be enough.

Nice truck...now you've got the good combo of a proper sportscar, boat, and truck to tow it!

As for the rims, they're fine...just get some bigger tires and you're set!

kudos on a good buy :thumbsup: you even got the right color

That's a nice lookin truck you got there! Have fun towing your boat now!

Can't tow with the GTO? You can get towing kits for like 2100kg. Don't know how much that is in lb.

Nice truck though.

Can't tow with the GTO? You can get towing kits for like 2100kg. Don't know how much that is in lb.

Nice truck though.

He is towing a boat. Launching ramps and such. And I am sure the bed comes in handy.

Great truck, have fun with it (or whatever towing brings you emotionally).

Nice truck though.

2100 kg is about 4600 lbs. I had no idea the GTO would even tow that much.

There is also a biiiig difference between "can tow" and "should tow". :)