Mitsubishi Prototype X concept

Evo's 1-6 rule all.
7-10(Its 10 not X... at least in my mind.) looked awful.

its X, on all the evo's they've used roman numerals for the numbers and X=10 in roman numerals...so its X

and agreeing with what magnet said, the arches make the wheels look really small, it says they 20"...but more 16 or 15=\

the concept has been around for awhile and ive been hoping and waiting and praying that itll look like that. its still a concept. but i really hope it keeps those looks. now its finally ahead of the subaru in that department

I LOVE the interior , I HATE the back (where is the beautiful spoiler 6-9 had?!?!?!?!) and i am not quite sure about the front...Sure it is an EVO and should drive nice, good perfomance and all in a reasonably priced package!

whyd didnt they at least make the "mouth" another colour instead of grey o_O:blink:

Evo's 1-6 rule all.
7-10(Its 10 not X... at least in my mind.) looked awful.

I beg to disagree
evos 1-6 cried out "Rice!" while 7-9 all looked mature and composed...and practical. (yeah yeah im practical).

but with this X, thank God they actually wont put in that semiauto into the Evo and kept the 5speed manual.
The Front looks like its gonna eat you!
The interior will make you want to stay inside for longer
The rear...errr eww dont look at my ass!!!

They made the front too agressive and forgot about the rear being too sedate...

...and the ride height's too high for my tastes... but hey im just nitpicking. i love evos! they're my dream rides :lol:

I like rice - I MUCH perfer the look of the Evo V to anything since. It's an outrageous car - its allowed to look the part.

I beg to disagree
evos 1-6 cried out "Rice!" while 7-9 all looked mature and composed...and practical. (yeah yeah im practical).

but with this X, thank God they actually wont put in that semiauto into the Evo and kept the 5speed manual.
The Front looks like its gonna eat you!
The interior will make you want to stay inside for longer
The rear...errr eww dont look at my ass!!!

They made the front too agressive and forgot about the rear being too sedate...

...and the ride height's too high for my tastes... but hey im just nitpicking. i love evos! they're my dream rides :lol:

The people who drives these do not care about the rears looks. :)
The front should make people give you room to pass them. Achieved.
The rear... umm... not our problem. It's the Toyotas problem if it is behind the Evo. :)
Yes. I love how this new Evo looks. :bow: :bow: :bow:

The people who drives these do not care about the rears looks. :)
The front should make people give you room to pass them. Achieved.
The rear... umm... not our problem. It's the Toyotas problem if it is behind the Evo. :)
Yes. I love how this new Evo looks. :bow: :bow: :bow:

but just think.... all those people you are leaving behind have to stare at the back of that thing... and all the people you are catching has to see the front of that thing.... either way people are going to throw up.

evo 5 and 6 were the ultimate, but not because of the way they looked necessarily. everything since then has too technical, not raw enough.

Why there's no comment about the Diesel version..
Imagine youself
And now, recieve - The Wicked Lancer evo X .. Diesel..

The back reminds me of an Alfa Romeo, but this car is very nice to look at.

Looks too vulgar. The aggressive front just doesn't match with the conservative middle segment and the Alfa rear end.

It's sure to be a winner on Top Gear then. They LOVE vulgar!

Styling wise, it looks good except the fish mouth front grille/bumper. <_<
Nice to see Mitsubishi on the come back.

i think that's its best feature. This car just screams "OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY!" and you have no choice but obey it.

11-prototype-x-static-fr.jpg

I agree. Its like "TERROR IS COMING, MOVE!" :p

I like it:
It's going to be fast as hell. It's going to be the most nimble little thing on 4 wheels next to the Ariel Atom, it will be intensely successful in almost any form of motorsport it's entered in, and I'm going to enjoy watching it take down exotic cars that are 5, 6 times its price. It's heads and heels over the now-aging Impreza, and it's cheap enough so that even poor college students like me can wrangle a deal out somehow. All this and it's still relatively practical: it has 4 doors and 5 seats and a proper trunk, and you could go to the grocery store while on fire and pick up a pizza to entertain your soccer-playing toddlers all while having your face ripped off.

I don't like it:

Dear God, it's ugly.

It looks like it's got a huge wad of spit in its mouth and about to unfurl it onto your new American Eagle Vintage Fit striped polo, and it's clearly trying far too hard to be aggressive. Like the Ultimate Warrior and those Dodge commercials, it's so ludicrously macho-posturing that it's comical and hilarious. Yeah, it's Japanese, so the stereotype is that it looks like an anime character, but it does! The rest looks like a mishmash of mid 90s boxes, and it just looks cheap inside and out. No amount of special wheel/tire packages can fix that.

Still, I'd rather go fast sometimes than look good, so I'm glad it's quick enough that I won't have to spend so much time looking at it. :thumbup:

Three points guys:

1: It looks like a angular ripoff of a Alfa Romeo

2: I think you guys are looking at it and going "wow! EVO! cool!" But lets be honest the average lancer is a underpowered, poorly put together snotbox with engines that after 100,000k's use more oil than petrol and a interior which makes some GM interiors look well made....However thanks to a good seating position, gearing and good ergonomics they are quite a hit....*sigh* :?

3: It looks quite large....I mean really large. And large means heavy. Doesn't the Outlander platform have a longer wheelbase? Maybe we are going to see a gradual death of the EVO? :rolleyes:

EDIT: (well another point!)

Why are we talking about performance before its released?

Last edited:
1) they admitted to looking at the alfa romeo for inspiration
2) you've obviously never driven one, it's incredibelly well made, and it would be a hell of a lot better and faster if the rules of World Rally Championship didn't limit the engine size to 2 liters, besides, look at the enterior of the new one:

0701_a+2007_mitusbishi_evolution_x_concept+8.jpg

3)
This 10th generation Lancer since 1973 is built on a longer wheelbase and wider track ? but with a slightly shorter overall length than the previous model.

A 60 mm increase in both the front and rear track dimensions ? now 1530 mm ? sets the stage for the new Lancer?s solid, stable handling capability. Wheelbase was lengthened to 2635 mm (from 2600 mm) and overall width is increased to 1760 mm (from 1695 mm). Overall length, however, has been reduced by 15 mm giving the new Lancer sports sedan a more road-hugging attitude that is especially evident with the GTS model?s standard 18-in. wheels.
It's basically the same size.

4) there's a lot of press info released regarding the performance, if you only took the time to find it. an example:

Next-Gen Power

The engine powering Prototype X ? and the next Lancer Evolution ? is a turbocharged version of the all-new aluminum 4B11 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC engine used in the 2008 Lancer sports sedan.

It will yield the highest power rating ever in a Lancer Evolution model. (Since development continues, final engine output figures will be revealed at a later date.) Significantly, the newest Lancer Evolution will have less differentiation from market to market than the previous generations.

The new model?s aluminum engine block is a significant 20 kg lighter than the iron-block 4G63 engine used in all previous models, which aids weight distribution. In addition, its orientation (exhaust located on bulkhead side) allows for improved placement that helps to lower the center of gravity.

Although the new Lancer Evolution engine block is lighter, it was designed from the outset for high-performance turbocharged applications. High inherent strength has been achieved partly through over-engineering of the open deck block, and the use of large water jackets and metal areas around each siamesed cylinder bore. The reciprocating assembly of the turbocharged 4B11 is capable of withstanding high levels of boost.

Automated Manual Transmission

Prototype X is equipped with the automated manual transmission with magnesium steering wheel paddle shifters that will be available on the next Lancer Evolution.

This new transmission will offer lightning fast, paddle-shift actuated shifting when desired, along with offering a fully automatic mode. This unit is not a conventional torque-converter automatic transmission, but rather a true auto-capable manual similar to that used on some of the world?s most notable performance models.

For stick shift purists, the next Lancer Evolution will still offer a conventional 5-speed manual transmission. With the 4B11 turbo engine?s stronger torque performance, a 5-speed will provide optimal acceleration response.

Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC)

The next Lancer Evolution, while still providing the levels of engine performance that appeal to this model?s loyal core customers, will expand dynamic capability with the new Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC) system.

Combining intelligent full-time four-wheel drive with stability control, S-AWC is a further development of the advanced full-time 4WD technology first introduced on the new-generation Outlander SUV for 2007.

In Prototype X ? and the upcoming Lancer Evolution ? this next-generation system combines an Active Center Differential (ACD) with an Active Yaw Control (AYC) rear differential and Active Skid Control (ASC). The AYC rear differential has never been offered on a Lancer Evolution sold in the U.S. market.

The combination of all these technologies will help the Lancer Evolution make optimal use of its considerable torque and also ensure the highest level of dynamic capability and stability ever in this model. At the same time, the new technology will further enhance the exhilarating driving performance character that customers have come to expect from this model.

The next Lancer Evolution once again features its own suspension system, replacing steel stampings of the standard Lancer with race-proven forged aluminum components. Due to the high rigidity of the new ?Project Global? platform, the Evolution?s suspension can be tuned to provide a more compliant and stable ride than before without compromising handling performance ? a trait that is expected from a true world-class performance sedan.

With exciting performance* assured Mitsubishi will be able to equip the upcoming Lancer Evolution to be a markedly better car for everyday driving. User technologies introduced on the new Outlander and Lancer models will also be offered in the next Lancer Evolution, including a premium Rockford-Fosgate? 650-watt (max.) audio system, HDD navigation system with music server, Bluetooth?, steering wheel audio controls, and an automatic climate control system.

* within legal limits