Wicked TG pictures

That is one of TG's and JC's photographers ?

There is hope for everyone so, because 90% of those photographs are rubbish !!

Woeful exposure, planning, framing, FFS Top Gear hire the FG photographers instead !!!

That is one of TG's and JC's photographers ?

There is hope for everyone so, because 90% of those photographs are rubbish !!

Woeful exposure, planning, framing, FFS Top Gear hire the FG photographers instead !!!

harsh! They are alot better than my efforts!! I don't think they are what they would call 'planned' shots, they look like are snapped on set or location. Still, good to see some of the background of TG and I love the 'Making of the DVD' shots & the paris to dakar shots and those Australia shots are amazing!!!

Wow there are some excellent photos there :thumbsup:

There has been lots of demand for hi-res photos of Clarkson and his fellow presenters. Reckon you could give us larger versions of those pictures? Or at least some specific ones we select out?

If he calls himself professional, he should at least be able to not blow out half the images ...

sure some of the highlights are gone but that could be for many reasons like the software used to re-size or the HTML generator, they are tiny snaps. I'm a software developer and crap software algorithms can kill highlights and increase noise especially with free programs like 'simple viewer'. Some looked 'reworked' as well so that may be a style. I haven't seen anyone else with snaps like these....professional or amature :) What a job...lucky bas***d!!!! :D (love the shot of the stig giving it the finger in the dodge!)

are there any other personal car pics websites people know of?

There were a couple good ones here and there, but the vast majority either looked like snapshots or over-processed to completely ruin the highlights. Nothing spectacular, really.

Cosworth > That guy. Seriously.

A good example of excellent car shots I like to use is www.andywee.com

Actually there is some really cool candid photos in the rod fountain sets. MJ and RH looking at FHM

and to give the guy some kind of credit ish....

shooting in the desert sun here in socal is A BRUTAL BIATCH.

but most of his pictures suck regardless the shooting condition... so....uhm.

Actually there is some really cool candid photos in the rod fountain sets. MJ and RH looking at FHM

Yes, the candid shots of the presenters are good to see and the Honda Civic shots are cool too (under that snap of Jenson Button), very reportage compared to andywee's stuff, but some super travel stuff as well. Jack of many :thumbup:

That andywee.com is a great website...amazing shots, look like all advertising images and studio stuff. Love that carbon fibre Zonda! :banana:

Awesome find, I enjoyed the nostalga effect of going back in time with the photos.

Honestly they feel like shots taken in full auto... but what the hell do I know?

Money made from my photos? = $0

I so want that job.

I think its a shame that the guy gets payed to do this when there are guys here who could do a much much better job ...

If I was shooting in that desert lighting I'd be whipping out the ND8 Filters, 6 less stops of light from two filters should do the trick !

Flame suit on....into the fire....

Flame suit on....into the fire....

I think its a shame that the guy gets payed to do this when there are guys here who could do a much much better job ...

If I was shooting in that desert lighting I'd be whipping out the ND8 Filters, 6 less stops of light from two filters should do the trick !

Cheers MATEY! I new about this forum a couple of years ago but never looked in...now I wish i hadn't :) Thanks to northernmonkey for posting my link and for getting me flamed!! And thanks to another FG forum member for the heads up on this thread.

99% of the snaps I posted on my site are just that, snaps. I put them up there for fans like you guys to see some of the workings of TG. Absolutely none of them are posed or planned! I have worked as a freelance driver and production assistant on the show for years and for 4 years on the dvd's. The last two as a driver and assistant primarily and as a photographer secondarily. I have always carried a basic camera set-up on set as it seemed silly not to. You have to be able to do a lot more than take pictures to be able to work on the DVD's, and you camera gear always takes a battering! Especially when it's 110 degrees and dust is everywhere and your hopping in and out of cars all day long and always playing second fiddle to an excellent camera crew. And don't think that you ever get the luxury of having time to set up a flash shoot with a car or to set up a rig shot...after having several GND filters and two CPF's ruined by dust devils (mini tornadoes!) it gets expensive!! Oh for half an hour with a car and a driver, my rig equipment, my ND collection, my falshes, stands, my lenses, my bag even...and some evening light...please!....mais non! What you have around your neck in the am is what you finish with in the pm and you get on with all your other jobs in-between. Just the way I like it.

I cover alot of corporate events and do a fair amount of car press stuff, glitzy studio and set up shots are not my thing....I love doing high pressure, quick work and getting to work around cars that most people rarely ever see is an amazing bonus, especially since driving cars fast, not photographing them, has always been my passion. Indeed it was the camera that has given me the opportunity to drive so many amazing cars over the past few years, not to mention working on TG and other productions.

I ain't no David Bailey, nor do I want to be...but I still have one of the best jobs in the world! I have thousands of RAW files, (obviously I will have to work on my highlights in the conversion process! But to be honest these little snaps I didn't even bother white balancing or correcting since I always have the RAW files for later if needed) and I will make more snaps available on my site soon....if anyone's interested :) If anyone wants to know more write back. But NO show secrets! That's my say anyway. Good luck to you all, whatever and however you photograph...it's really easy thinking and saying 'I could do that', we snappers all know we can....the difference is in sacrificing everything and actually doing it.:mrgreen: Goodluck...It's a great forum by the looks of it, it's great to see people offering so much good advice to starters.

PS. No, I have never been, nor will I ever be...The Stig! His royal stiggyness has more talent in his finger than any driver I've encountered.

Last edited:
:blink:

Well! That was...a very level headed defense! Took me for a surprise.

Feel free to post in our PAD section, too! :welcome: