Website online & running

pdanev

Forum Addict
The Team Finalgear Website is back up, and running. :)

FireFox did quite a lot of work on it, to make the site smoother and more efficient. Most of the changes are behind the scenes, so apart from a new design for you guys most of the changes won't be noticable.

Couple of new features though, such as listing of personal best times on the left, so you can see how you are doing compared to the others for the coming races.

Another thing is that the next race is also listed on the left side, with amount of laps to be done etc.

The shoutbox is currently disabled, there are some issues with it. There are also still a few design bugs, such as e.g. layout section, some thumbnails have a frame, some don't but these are minor things that will be fixed in the near future. Most importantly, the content is there. :)

A few more minor things, go explore. :)

For the future, from me you can expect quite a lot of new layouts and a bunch of public skins. Apart from that the usual, pictures, wallpapers, posters etc. Once MorroW solves his technical PC problems, there should be quite a few render projects as well, plenty of ideas.

For website features, let's see what FireFox has to say, to be honest I don't know what his plans for the future are, but I bet he'll have a thing or two to add to the website. For technical details on the current upgrade from old to new site, you've gotta ask him as well, he is behind all the coding. :)

Hopefully you'll enjoy the new site & design, and keep visiting on a regular basis. We've had about 16-17,000 unique visits till now, so we hope our work is appreciated.

edit: I forgot to give credit to Priitmek for the render on the banner. And in case you were wondering why that skin, it's an older drift design that quite a lot of you guys liked.

Last edited:
I didn't know you are a render guy until I recently noticed you rendering some skins on the lfs forum in the request thread. :)

:) like pdanev said, there are some things to be added. Feature for adding fuel consumption and fuel calculation. The FG member page can be improved for displaying race information. Information like: Last time online, Personal best time, hotlaps, replays ect.
There are some visual problems in IE. grmbl :p
anyway, if you got an idea for anything else, comment or post here :)
ps. Personal List is now set back for "South City Classic". The race was not finished, timestamp was kinda early :p

Last edited:
:thumbsup: Looks great

Nice!

And yay for no more crappy static.finalgear.com box. :p

Nice. I like the PB list. :thumbsup:

looks great pete... haven't had much time for LFS or the Forum lately, been really busy... I'll try to join races starting next week :D

The PB list seems to be not updating and the members activity info is also wrong. Seems to be that the site is not getting info from LFSW.

The PB list seems to be not updating and the members activity info is also wrong. Seems to be that the site is not getting info from LFSW.
Looks like the cron script has been locking up.. might explain the issues.

Sites looking good for me. Thanks, I'm still somehow/what listed. Great job. After a really stressful semester (who can blame them, gonna have patients from now on...) I think I'm kinda ready to start some racing again. Just have to figure out where to mount the wheel... Stupid stylish glass tables in the new apartement... ggr ;-)

mm didnt noticed it that it wasnt updating anymore...
Something went wrong with getting andy's PB times.
Edit: It was probably hanging on lfsworld server. but everything is working fine now...

Last edited:
just had a chance to look at the site again... looks like I'm the only guy with no laptimes, and btw Firefox, could you change my username back to andyhui01 again? I finally managed to change it back.