My name in print in Top Gear Magazine!

Yep visit is recommended if ever in London and architecture or church interests you, the whispering gallery is impressive and great fun for the kids, should be able to find stuff on google about it if interested. BTW when it say people paid for the memorial they mean by donation not the government. Jay please note quotes around intelligent in my previous post, indicates sarcastic use of the word as you can't hear me, sorry thought it was a general convention I will not use it again.

I have the mag and a scanner just need to work out how to get it up to image shack now. ...

My first attempt at scanning stuff. OK lets try this and see what happens. ...

NB Mods - if I have broken any rule please remove post.

http://img440.imageshack.**/img440/8745/img5124tk.th.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.**/img252/3853/img5132zl.th.jpg

Well it seems to be OK but not great, tomorrow I'll tinker and see if I can get the settings better.

Last edited:
Hey and highlighted thats impressive stuff. We're not worthy

Not my big, came in the mag like that. The writing is not distinct enough in the blue, its getting rather late and I'm off to bed I'll try to get it better tomorrow, but do not hold your breath. There is some great stuff in the mag this month - highly recommended.

Not my big, came in the mag like that. The writing is not distinct enough in the blue, its getting rather late and I'm off to bed I'll try to get it better tomorrow, but do not hold your breath. There is some great stuff in the mag this month - highly recommended.

Thanks Cobol - I tried shooting the pages in the mag (with my camera) and they're legible but yours is more readable!
Nice one.

I finally got my copy of the mag yesterday on my doormat, but the buggers edited all the funniest bits out, so here it is in it's full unedited glory!

Dear Top Gear Magazine,

Oh the woe! I received my monthly copy of Top Gear magazine earlier this week and hastily ripped off the 2007 calendar hoping to see the odd amusing picture of the guys within its glossy pages. Maybe Jeremy setting fire to the caravan or even Richard and James in Anne Hathaway's cottage. But no! I searched through all 12 months and found nothing. Nada. Not a single picture of Jeremy, James or Richard. Not even Top Gear dog in 'park' or the Stig making the Koenigsegg eat tyres! I was gutted. Although I love the sleek lines of a supercar and gasp out loud at the mere glimpse of an Aston I am also partial to the sleek lines of the creatively crumpled Mr May. Richard is the Top Gear sexpot and Jeremy is just Top Gear god.
So upon weeping into my breakfast cereal I hit upon an idea. Why not offer two calendars, similar to the special feature front covers you do throughout the year (this month included). Seeing as the split of Top Gear viewers and Top Gear magazine readers is roughly 50/50, I think a choice of calendars is needed. This would avoid future correspondence from certain male readers stating, "Oi! No pictures of Hammond, we are not gay!"

The Top Gear magazine marketing department needs to look at the growing number of female readers, and I fell due to recent events with Richard reader and viewer numbers will increase further still.
C'mon guys, make your female readers happy. The Top Gear drought has been long and arduous. Spread a little Jeremy, James and Richard happiness. We need more pictures!
Yours,
(An avid TG mag reader and TG viewer)

Not that I am homophobic, as I know there are blokes who would also like to see these sort of calendars, just as there are females who aren't bothered by the guys but watch TG and read the mag for the cars. I was just following up on something that was brought up on another forum I am a member of.
Still no sign of the prize yet though, I had to fill up yesterday and had to pay hard cash. PAH!:-o

:lol: Awesome letter. :thumbsup:

"creatively crumbled"...grunge is the new metrosexual. I think I'll grow a beard!
(Of course, I'm Asian, so inevitably that means I'll have to get a fu manchu.)

:lol: Awesome letter. :thumbsup:

"creatively crumbled"...grunge is the new metrosexual. I think I'll grow a beard!
(Of course, I'm Asian, so inevitably that means I'll have to get a fu manchu.)

fu manchu!! :p

1996finnishvidrelease.jpg