Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
car_photo_211678_5.jpg

car_photo_211677_5.jpg

car_photo_211676_5.jpg

car_photo_211675_5.jpg

TVR Typhoon
TVR?S new 600bhp, 200mph supercar
Meet the Typhoon ? the ?120,000 carbonfibre-bodied car that will lead TVR?s revival

10th January 2007
TVR Typhoon

Reports of TVR?s death have been greatly exaggerated, and these are the first pictures of its new carbonfibre-bodied supercar, the Typhoon.

Powered by a supercharged version of TVR's 4-litre straight-six, further developed by Ricardo to produce 600bhp and 500lb ft, the Typhoon will be the fastest production TVR ever, and at around ?120,000 the most expensive too.

Built to celebrate the firm?s 60th anniversary, the car will be officially unveiled at the Geneva show in March. It will be built in strictly limited numbers and only in right-hand drive, the lucky 60 customers taking delivery during 2007.

The Typhoon is the first TVR to be designed entirely by CAD, a move which has brought substantial aerodynamic advantages, enabling the new car to easily exceed 200mph, according to company sources. Expect a sub-4sec 0-60 time, aided by an uprated limited-slip diff and the adoption of the T56 six-speed manual transmission as used by the Corvette.

Like lesser TVRs, the Typhoon has a tubular steel backbone chassis with an integral rollcage, but like the ill-fated T400R/T440R (just one was built) and the later Typhon (of which three were made) the body panels and floor are constructed from carbonfibre, helping keep weight down to 1100kg.

Behind the 19in alloys are six-pot AP Racing callipers up front, and although there?s no anti-lock or traction control, TVR is looking to fit both to future mainstream models ? expect announcements later this year. Other trick details on the Typhoon include adjustable Bilstein dampers, carbon-shelled Sparco seats and even satnav!

The Typhoon?s chassis is much longer than that of a Tuscan, allowing the fitment of genuinely usable rear bucket seats, though the truncated tail means that it?s actually shorter overall than the Tuscan. However, TVR is confident it will be even more imposing, with its Ferrari 599-aping stance and aggressive front-end, the distinctive grille of which will be shared by all future TVRs.

At around ?120K it will be competing head-on with cars as diverse as the Aston Martin DB9, Lamborghini Gallardo and Ferrari F430.

To be successful at this level it needs to be very, very good. But the Typhoon?s biggest task is to convince the sports car buying public that TVR really is in safe hands.

Source

the rims... BLUE?!

the rest = hawt secks

Good lord their drug dealer must have a lot of money! Carbon Fiber expensive, yes. Pounds of shrooms, tanker of acid, kilos of coke more to the cost than any other component.

I would love to see those rims when tripping

It looks like sheer utter madness - exactly what a TVR should like look and be.

Damn that is one hell of a nice looking car. 1100kg? It will fly away with a gust of wind.

thatll be one helluva amazing car! INSANE!!! i dont even mind the blue rims.

wowowowowowowow...4.0L supercharged I6:blink: and i thought the SLR's engine was insane...only 1100kg!!!
Power/Weight ratios(of its price competitors):

F430:490hp/1.450ton=337.93hp/ton
Gallardo:520hp/1.430ton=363.63hp/ton
911 Turbo: 480hp/1.585ton=302.83hp/ton
DB9:450hp/1.710ton=263.15hp/ton

Typhoon: 600hp/1.100ton=545.45hp/ton

this is going to be one HELL of a car:D :D :D :D :D :D

(info sourced from rsportscars.com)

Now that's what I call a TVR. So, whos still in for buying TVR? I am!

:lmao:

you guys actually give attention to this hideous thing?
if it weren't a TVR, you'd all condemn it to the carbage thread

LOOK AT IT!!! they say beemer guys should watch further than the badge, but like things are going right now, that'll be said about the TVR lovers in no time

It's oozing testosterone! But i still think its gonna break down really quick like all TVRs... i don't wanna break down while doing 200....

bone yes if it were a BMW we would, its not and we aren't because it will smell like a canoe factory inside, BMWs don't. It is mad, bad, and completely insane - brilliant. Shame no one wants TVR and another British manufacturer goes to the wall.

The problem is that, although everyone sits here and raves about how mad and awesome TVR's are, and how they love how it starts by punching the speedometer, when it comes to handing over the cheque, people are generally going to get something more practical.

Which is fairly unfortunate.

I have a Carmageddon deja-vu :)

"Carmageddon...The racing game for the chemically imbalance."

"TVR...The car company for the chemically imbalance."

I like it! It works!

car_photo_211675_5.jpg

Looks like a reptile form the front, love that :) , not digging the rear, needs to be more insane, it looks like weirdly painted enzo lights...

I don't like it. The side profile just looks BLEH. Everything else looks like they are trying too hard.

Why has it got the profile of a plane on the plate? The Typhoon eurofighter perhaps? Why, is there more to the name?