Indoor speed record... Broken

GTV V6

Car(s)
Audi TT V6, Skoda Octavia vRS NX
Last edited:
I can't play it because it is an mms link. Any way to download it?

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't view it either. I'm not running what you would call a "valid" copy of Windows.

Yeah, I can't view it either. I'm not running what you would call a "valid" copy of Windows.

Why are you still running 95 :lol:

Who said anything about 95? I said it wasn't going to pass the M$ authentication.

Who said anything about 95? I said it wasn't going to pass the M$ authentication.

over the head, swish... i meant it the other way :|

Try going here ...Autocar videos...
and looking for the video, it's somewhere near the bottom.

Funny it worked OK on my PC, but i'd already watched it once, maybe it was playing a cached copy or something... Sorry.

that was quite amusing and that sprint car was just crazy!

Just get a top fuel dragster in there, should beat most records.

Just get a top fuel dragster in there, should beat most records.
No, it will just spin it's tires and not go anywhere.

Why hasn't anyone tried a four-wheel-drive vehicle? The key to this is obviously grip. I'd bet that even a 4WD X-Type would beat just about anything there.

What about a WRX STi?

EDIT: Nevermind, they used a Evo. Same kinda thing. :)

No, it will just spin it's tires and not go anywhere.

Nah, I don't think so. More than likely it would be too fast.

That was very good. The presenter was extremely humerous.

"This is the indoor speed challenge with Autocar magazine, and in association with Pamper's Nappies"

HAHA

Nah, I don't think so. More than likely it would be too fast.
You saw how the F1 car didnt really go anywhere. Dragsters depend on the immense grip of their tires once they get warmed up. Even the Mini Cooper wasnt really getting any grip on that floor, think about a dragster with several times the amount of horsepower and torque with little in the way of steering control

You saw how the F1 car didnt really go anywhere. Dragsters depend on the immense grip of their tires once they get warmed up. Even the Mini Cooper wasnt really getting any grip on that floor, think about a dragster with several times the amount of horsepower and torque with little in the way of steering control

Dragsters are made to produce grip. Super sticky wrinkle wall slicks and wheelie bars do provide a bit of grip.

They tried the Mitsubishi Evo FQ320 at the very beggining......and the Audi RS4......both AWD as I recall, and both amply powered. But like you said its about the grip, so drag radials would probably help a tremendous amount.

Additionally, you have to have something really good at braking, so you can accelerate for longer. In honesty, its probably as much about choosing the right tires and driving surface, as well as running length. They did allright for the short running length they had, but I imagine you could find an Airport hanger or something that is much larger. So location is key.

JH

Added Edited Content:

I just realized that one badass way to do it would be to use a jet powered car, as you wouldn't have to worry about the tires gripping the surface at takeoff. It does open another bag of problems, like stopping and ventilation.

Last edited:
The Top Fuel car would get grip provided it was allowed a burnout first. The biggest problem, however, would be stopping it.