Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

I finished my postgraduate obligations completely - ie, I finished my exams in June, finished my thesis in November and had the oral examination for it in December. So I officially have an MSc degree in Software Engineering & Telecommuniactions.

I also got my first job, at a great company leading a software integration project.

Yay me! :)

EDIT: I just got my first paycheck!

Last edited:
wow congrats.
how do other poeple do that, i'm just a year younger and haven't even started university. :blink:

Completed Chem 1A!!!!! Thought I was going to have to take the class again for awhile but in the end I finished above the average of the class.:D

And if anyone is wondering Chem aint my thing.

heh well my lifes not going to shabby! :)

3rd year mech engineer at loughborough uni. its a masters degree with an industrial placement so i am currently on placement at the moment and i'll be back at uni in october 2007 to do my last 2 years.

achievements im proud of

* i have a gf of over 1 year, and i cant believe i have not had one arguement with her! she is great

* i finished 2nd year of uni on a 1st... which is the highest grade you can get

* 3 years on the no claims bonus! booyeah!

* i am part of loughborough university life speed lifesaving and at last years nationals i was part of a medely relay team that smashed the british record by some 3 seconds. we can even kick the actual GB teams ass in the pool....but they are markedly better at the beach events

* bought my first car, well its not the first car i have owned/driven, but it is the first one i have bought and paid for myself, though if you read general automotive its looking like a bit of a lemon lol. ill fix her up myself though and that can be a new achievement :D

I bought my first house (condo) today! I take possession on March 1st, so I'll post some pictures when I move in! Wahoo!

First? Planning on a second and third in the future? Watch out Trump, here comes BerserkerCatSplat!

Anyway, congratz :)

What's a condo anyway? An apartment?

I bought my first house (condo) today! I take possession on March 1st, so I'll post some pictures when I move in! Wahoo!

I hope there will be a Finalgear Housewarming party? Congrats!

First? Planning on a second and third in the future? Watch out Trump, here comes BerserkerCatSplat!

Anyway, congratz :)

What's a condo anyway? An apartment?

Hahaha, thanks! A condo is sort of like a small house that's part of a larger unit - mine is a two-story duplex. Some condos are basically apartments that you buy, mine is just set up a bit differently.

I hope there will be a Finalgear Housewarming party? Congrats!

If any FinalGearers lived anywhere near me, that'd rock! However, I can only think of two other Calgarian members - and one of them's my best mate, anyway! :lol:

Any renovations on the agenda? When I bought my house, I basically had to gut the place, it took a year and a helluva lot of money. <_< Good experience, but I never, ever want to renovate anything like that ever again!

Just the basement, It's only semi-finished so I'll be pulling out the walls and redesigning it how I see fit. (read: bedroom, office, photo studio) The upstairs is in great shape, so no reno work needed there. Should only take a couple of months and be relatively inexpensive, fortunately.

I just had my last exam today :D got a 9 (on a scale from 0 to 13, where 6 is the lowest passing grade) so now I'm a Bachelor of Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology :D :D :D

My achievement is that this morning I re-enrolled into uni after a year off. I am officially a first year again! Woo!

Yeah.
However, I have met a person from the Mexican Institute of Technology.

congratulations! for those who don't know, MIT (the Massachusetts one) is nearly impossible to get into. Their acceptance rate is barely over 10% if i remember correctly

The Beaver's, MIT picked its mascot when drunk, eh!