WTF TG series 9 only 6 episodes long!

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
jus looked in next weeks TV mag (well it lists tomorrow onward to next fri)

and it says
8pm-9pm
NEW! Topgear: 1 of 6

blah blah blah hammond blah blah 288mph blah jet car blah crash

6 shows! if true its gonna be the shortest ever, and having seen all the stuff their doing..that possibly means there wont be that many actual reviews much like the previous one

hopefully this is wrong

At the moment, i'm just glad to see it back.

Remember though, this was all the stuff that should have aired back in November.
So i imagine that they will do Series 10 in May like normal, and series 11 this coming November.

Remember though, this was all the stuff that should have aired back in November.
So i imagine that they will do Series 10 in May like normal, and series 11 this coming November.

ok Mr McKane said it, May.

Actually series 7 was 6 episodes long as well :(

If I remember correctly series 7 was incredible.

Supercars to France? under 10k supercars? Veyron race? Yes, all quality stuff.

I'm praying you're right, though.

well its sure to be 6 quality weeks

how much is the Tv licence? because thats all i buy it for....TG and maybe the odd sporting event

A six part series would bring it into line with a lot of other British tv shows to be honest. It will also probably be back sometime in November (and then again the following May) so really we'll be getting two series a year - or 12 episodes a year.

Also I hope there aren't that many car reviews - that's the worst bit of the series - I'm not really that interested in the cars but love the 'mucking about'. For car reviews watch something on discovery, buy a newspaper or watch Fifth Gear.

A six part series would bring it into line with a lot of other British tv shows to be honest. It will also probably be back sometime in November (and then again the following May) so really we'll be getting two series a year - or 12 episodes a year.

Also I hope there aren't that many car reviews - that's the worst bit of the series - I'm not really that interested in the cars but love the 'mucking about'. For car reviews watch something on discovery, buy a newspaper or watch Fifth Gear.

better solution

buy Top Gear mag

read JC and Mays columns then the reviews...best bit is they have Tom Ford writing for them so its pretty much the best of both worlds

Exactly - plus the Top Gear mag website is starting to do more video. Add to that the fact that BBC Worldwide are looking to spend up to ?800 million improving their web offerings like Top Gear mag (by making them more interactive, adding video etc...) we're bound to see a lot more video made for the mag site.

If I remember correctly series 7 was incredible.

Supercars to France? under 10k supercars? Veyron race? Yes, all quality stuff.

Yes, it was a very good series but left you wanting so much more because of it. Fingers crossed they will add a new series in May to make up for the delay.

My thoughts exactly.

Also I hope there aren't that many car reviews - that's the worst bit of the series -

a lot of people love the var reviews

So i imagine that they will do Series 10 in May like normal,

Unlikely. That'd only work if Hammond & the gang had been filming the whole time he was in the hospital.

Damn, if season 7 was also short, because the crew was tired, season 8 was also 8 series, the 9th was cancelled, because of the Richard's crash .. there was enough time to relax and shoot series, why tf is this season again a short one?

Last edited:
There are some photos in the British press today of the three of them filming. I can't remember where I saw it, but Jeremy said they had built their own...oh!! I have remembered - it's in an interview in this week's Radio Times - they have built their own stretch limos. He said they had to delay it originally due to Richard's accident. Their intention was, according to Jeremy, to basically spoil an evening out for Z-list celebs.

Anyway, click here for some pics. I'm giggling already. :)

Nice roof on the MG :lol:

If they do make the series longer they would have needed more time between the series... something like half a year.