Qualification: 15 minutes
Sprint Race: 10 Laps
Feature Race: 50 Laps
Time: 18:00 GMT
Server: [FG] Racing
Password: fg

WR: 1:00.49 Setup

Last edited:
Added a poster to 1st post, and made a little edit. Nothing fancy, just a bit of b&w effect, with 2 extra palm trees for the feeling, I know they look a bit fake, but that doesn't matter. :)

http://img262.imageshack.**/img262/4771/foxfegreen1s8zy.th.jpg

I'm skipping tomorrows race.
There seems to be some snow finally, so I'm gonna go skiing instead.

Will be back next week :)

well i'm going to be here, but don't expect me to be competitive...

Mmmm, so who's gonna be there apart from matt?

MXM, burnsy, firefox (iirc), and me, will definitely not be there. :(

Me. The AlPayson guy said earlier today that he will be joining too.
Andy and ESPN are coming too?

Last edited:
I'm in :D

So we'll maybe have 4-6 people, with probably 2-3 of them with similar lap times.
Is that enough or should we postpone until next week?

Last edited:
Maybe you guys can just see on spot if you're enough people. If you think there's enough people for a proper Q & Race, then no reason to postpone. But if it just doesn't make sense then call it off (practice & short races instead) and post on forum if the race was held or not?

:dunno:

We could just half the number of laps in the feature if there won't be many people.

Edited, because I am an idiot.

Last edited:
Sprint race for me was well... crap.
I don't know what it is with me and sprint races, but I just don't do as well as I should in them.
Feature race was a different story, I got a nice rhythm going, even though Geeman threw me off a bit when I hit him when he lost it in the chicane.
After that, I had a good fight going with Lonely.

Stats:

http://espnsti.iridiumonline.info/LFS/Stats/2007S1/2007-01-27_14.42.41_results_race.html
http://espnsti.iridiumonline.info/LFS/Stats/2007S1/2007-01-27_14.59.09_results_race.html

i decided not to bother after starting the sprint at 3fps :(. was going to come back to see if there were any fun races after. but i got distracted with cops n robbers :)

Good races for me this time. Couple bad mistakes though... In sprint, Geeman pressured behind the last laps and on the last lap I made a mistake in the 1st chicane, got really bad damage and lost 2nd place, the car was nearly undrivable, but I managed to keep it in control and AlPayson couldn't pass me so I crossed the line 3rd.
Feature went great, I drove a bit too slowly at the start watching how the tires behaved, got the tires working great and started doing some nice laps. Then made a pitstop and the perfectly good front tires got changed to new ones, which overheated too much and I lost lots of time. I came 4 seconds behind ESPN from the pits and in the end the gap was 20 seconds, with the old tires it could have been a tighter finish maybe...

Sprint race went allright for me. Only spinned once when I dodged mgkdk, but I ended facing the right way so not much time lost there. Got 2nd place after Lonely made a mistake.
Feature on the other hand went to hell after a bad accident in the 1st chicane. I got massive damage so I had to pit right away. I decided to switch to R2s since it was still early in to race. I got to pits, left the pits and after going rather slow through the chicane I had a crash with ESPN which led to more massive damage so I had to pit again. I thought I would be driving alone rest of the race, but somehow I managed to catch up to AlPayson, but there was no passing him no matter how hard I tried. It all ended when I tried a little risky overtaking maneuver and went off the track and hit a wall. I took some damage again, but nothing major so I continued racing. Little later I noticed that switching to R2s was not such a good idea, they just did not heat up at all.

interesting how this race turned out. there were ties for first and third place. i know, i need to change the silver to bronze, will do in a bit as this took a bit of time to render.
S04R02.jpg