Multi Quote

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
Right.

Can someone who is better at describing things than me please explain for otispunkmeyer's benefit how Multi Quote works.

Im sure Im not the only one who is finding his posts annoying!!

Thanks in advance.

Click the buttons, then click on the "reply" button. Example result:

Right.

Can someone who is better at describing things than me please explain for otispunkmeyer's benefit how Multi Quote works.

Im sure Im not the only one who is finding his posts annoying!!

Thanks in advance.

I've been wondering about that as well in general and would like to know how it works!

viper do u ever go to sleep? wat time is it there? (ye i noe off topic spank me)

Just after midnight.

oh okay that's not bad at all, i thot it was uber late there

Thanks Viper. Hopefully more people will start using it in future!!

Thanks Viper. Hopefully more people will start using it in future!!
Indeed, it's very handy.

Also handy is the "quick" button which allows you to use the quick reply while still quoting a post. I did it with this one by clicking the quick button and then checking the quote box.

Normally you'd have to click that button in order to use the quick reply (so the forum knows what you're replying to), but that drove me nuts, so changed the options to allow you to do just a general reply and it gets marked as a reply to the original post.

All of this is due to the threaded view (you can see who replied to who) rather than this linear format.

Example of this thread in hybrid mode: http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=16445

To switch back, pick "Switch to Linear Mode" from the "Display Modes" dropdown in the upper-right of the thread.