Will we ever see Hammond get shot at?

Maybe in a DVD or something in the future...it can't go out of date like James' review of the Alfa 159 we never saw. Hopefully we see that too!

Erm, I don't recall what you are talking about.

it was a feature where they armour plated a fiat panda or something (maybe an uno) and then hammond was inside while it was shot at.

all thats ever been shown of it are clips in the series montage....usually shown in the first ep of the series.

i figured if they showed his crash, they can see him getting shot at--i mean there was no horrific incidence of a bullet nicking his head or anything...

some things don't pan out for whatever reason (wasn't as interesting as hoped etc) then it was canned, I suspect that's probably what happened here.

They'll throw it in when they're desperate for an extra 10 minutes of feature to pad out an episode. They'll just have better material at the moment so haven't had the chance to use it.

They were short this week - I think it was dumped possibly due to worries on the grounds of taste. The BBC is good at resisting commercial pressure, it used to be good at resisting political pressure but it tends to worry about stuff on "grounds of taste". You do have the possibility of some nutter trying this out I suppose and everyone blaming TG when the evitable happens and someone gets shot. I know go figure. I would have liked to have seen this one too.

They are in Miami next episode, so there is a good possibility we will get to see them shot at.

Oh, and didn't they film this in July? In Miami?!? It's 180 degrees with 600% humidity. I'm surprised they survived.

I think the "Killing the Hamster"-theme is dead. Since the crash it's just not as suited as before. I hope we will see this as a DVD-feature in some time.8)

some things don't pan out for whatever reason (wasn't as interesting as hoped etc) then it was canned, I suspect that's probably what happened here.

I think thats the reason right there. Besides the clip of him being shot (that we've seen) the segment was boring details about the armor plating. So we've already seen it.

I think the "Killing the Hamster"-theme is dead. Since the crash it's just not as suited as before. I hope we will see this as a DVD-feature in some time.8)

Like Clarkson said, he's spent 8 of his 9 lives, so I guess they won't be letting him do it again. Nor will Clarkson allow him to have any fast car reviews. :D