Beard or Not?

It's worth a shot.

I don't do it for fashions sake, but rather out of pure laziness. I shave, then I don't feel like shaving for a couple weeks, and what do you know: I have a beard.....and then it becomes a pain when eating, so I shave it off.....and the endless cycle continues :lol:

Yeah, I've been on this path for almost 10 years or something, so you could consider me like the Mr. Miyagi of the lazy bearded ones: "Now use head for something other than target."

"Lesson not just karate only. Lesson for whole life. Whole life have a balance. Everything be better. Understand?"

miyagi-773738.jpg

Last edited:
A full beard can be lower maintenance, however a partial beard, like mine actually requires more upkeep than just shaving. In addition to shaving part of your face you have to work around the edges of the beard, then trim the length and make sure the edges are clean and not crooked or anything.

I don't want something that will be MORE work. Why can't there be a happy medium where I just don't have to shave or do anything.

I already get the hairdresser to take a pair of clippers to my head every three months so I don't need to worry about brushing it :)

Why can't there be a happy medium where I just don't have to shave or do anything.

Who said there isn't? Just don't shave ;)

Of course, society will look down on you as a slacker, but you have to get beyond that if you wish to be a true lazy bearded one.

Personally, I get self conscious and break down after about 2 weeks, then shave everything off except a goatee type thingy.

So the work involved is quite minimal, but not full blown laziness (I'm not a member of ZZ Top or anything).

zztop_snl_jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Lazyness I can handle - that's why at 25 I haven't got around to learning to drive that takes a special kind of lazyness (Thanks Johnny Vegas!) but it's the nagging from my wife telling me I have to get rid of it or at least tidy it up a bit.

The tidying up is the bit that bugs me - I start by shaving a little on this side, a little on that send and then think - what the hell I might as well get rid of the whole thing it's quicker and the foam is on my face anyway.

The tidying up is the bit that bugs me - I start by shaving a little on this side, a little on that send and then think - what the hell I might as well get rid of the whole thing it's quicker and the foam is on my face anyway.

Alas, the perils of marriage. Laziness is hindered by the well-meaning woman.

Fortunately, my wife let's me get away with it, for a couple weeks anyway 8)

The most I go without shaving now is about one week. A couple of years back I did grow my beard pretty long, and I had the hair on my head very short. I liked having it a lot, but eventually chopped it off. There was a period while growing when it itched a lot, very annoying.

Now I don't have the beard, but grew my hair long (around shoulder length). I'm liking that now.

I had a beard untill christmas. i'd been able to grow one since about 16, but never really bothered untill this year. i shaved it as part of a christmas present to my girlfriend, because she hated it, haha.

now i have the whole jack bauer-perpetual-5 o'clock shadow thing going on because i don't like to shave anymore.

Yeah, shaving sucks dude. I hate shaving cream :yucky: I usually just take my hair buzzers across my cheeks and call that good, so I get the whole 5 o'clock + goatee look going and am done with it.

I do the get-lazy-and-don't-shave thing (except I shave the mustache, at least that might fool some people into thinking you're not a lazy bum) for a few weeks and then shave it back to my goatee and trim it. It's a perpetual goatee->scruffy bastard->goatee cycle. It's great.

Someone once told me that if you got that Phillips multi trim shaver, life becomes easier, never tried it, but if laziness is your setting, then it might be worth a try.

Yup a couple of weeks seems to be about the limit. It becomes a game after a while - the 'how long can I get away without shaving' game.

My maximum is 11 days so far but I'm hoping this time I'll make it to the magical two weeks.

That's my average, they don't say anything at uni :p

Yeah, shaving sucks dude. I hate shaving cream :yucky: I usually just take my hair buzzers across my cheeks and call that good, so I get the whole 5 o'clock + goatee look going and am done with it.

You are still using blades? Welcome to the 21st century, my friend.

braun-8595-activator.jpg

This is what I use and it kicks ass. The self cleaning station keeps the blades clean and sharp so there is none of that snagging that you can get with other shavers - especially with old blades.

What brand/model is it?