May 30th 2006 - my first crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one hell of an accident for your first! Glad you're OK. Erm ... I guess the blood in pic 5 is yours?

Wow thats quite the crash, glad to see you are ok

Big one, man. Good to see you got scratches only... But, what the hell? The airbag didn't go on?

I think he didn?t have a strong enough front impact for the airbag to go off....he rolled, but without sidebags the frontbag won?t open in such a situation.

I almost crashed with ~150km/h into a CLK lying on it?s roof on the left lane of the autobahn saturday morning.....his rear tire exploded @~ 200km/h. Wasn?t nice. He flew into the mud on the right, rolled and flew back accross all lanes..... Had to stand on the Autobahn for ~2h before all the debris was collected.

I was a passenger in a car doing only 70 MPH when the rear off side tyre blew, not nice even at that reasonable speed, the road was quiet and we were in the middle lane the driver got it under control and managed to get it to the hard shoulder OK. Bloody scary tho'.

front tires = scary, but controllable
rear tires = scary & very dangerous as they control the cars stability

lol mad props man mad props.

good effort

good lord.. pretty amazing you made it out with only minor injuries.

Glad to hear you're ok! You were damn lucky. But why would you do crazy stuff in a Daewoo in the frst place?

How should i know better? That was before i started watching top gear...

always expect oversteer when lifting off/braking in a turn...

nice job though not bein hurt(badly)

next time go to a parkin lot and practice correcting oversteer....then you can speed even more on the streets! lol

lol, i'm kinda busy with the job right now, but when i get my break i intend to go in to advanced driving school, where they teach you that kind of stuff. Will be fun!

I was a passenger in a car doing only 70 MPH when the rear off side tyre blew, not nice even at that reasonable speed, the road was quiet and we were in the middle lane the driver got it under control and managed to get it to the hard shoulder OK. Bloody scary tho'.

brings back memories...

a while back my sister's friend was driving me somewhere in a crappy Aerostar van. it was shaking but i thought it was a badly balanced wheel or something (i was sitting the the back over the left wheel). well it wasn't normal, the tire sheared into pieces and exploded under me, and whipped into my ass after ripping off the bumper (rubber foam and metal).
the seat took the violent end but it's certainly not a feeling you wanna have between your legs on a regular basis.

turns out that aerostar is the second they got, the first was totalled in an accident and they bought another identical one :lol:

brings back memories...

a while back my sister's friend was driving me somewhere in a crappy Aerostar van. it was shaking but i thought it was a badly balanced wheel or something (i was sitting the the back over the left wheel). well it wasn't normal, the tire sheared into pieces and exploded under me, and whipped into my ass after ripping off the bumper (rubber foam and metal).
the seat took the violent end but it's certainly not a feeling you wanna have between your legs on a regular basis.

turns out that aerostar is the second they got, the first was totalled in an accident and they bought another identical one :lol:

Aerostars... gosh... worst vehicle ever made IMHO. My mother has one, when I drive it you honestly don't think the steering wheel is attached to anything, it's wickedly slow, and for some odd reason the passenger seat can not be moved in any direction what-so-ever.

For the OP: That's a nice crash... but at least your not likely to have another major accident in your life. Most people seem to have one major accident and then never have another, unless your really unlucky or insanely stupid.

damn man nice crash! i dont wanna have one but you did and lived! congrats. others have been hit at 20 and gotten killed via any random way. glad your ok

damn man nice crash! i dont wanna have one but you did and lived! congrats. others have been hit at 20 and gotten killed via any random way. glad your ok

Look at the date, please.

Anyway.

Peeps, if you wanna go have some fun, go to the track. 60 dollars will get you a whole days worth of lapping, and being lapped, by Loti. If you love it that much you can do some racing school.

Nothing wrong with driving a fun road, but don't do it at a million miles an hour and certainly not in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.