Guess That Car game - By Clues Only

-This car was made for only three model years
-It was the first and thus far only convertible in its marque's model lineup

What does 3 model years mean?

What does 3 model years mean?

It means that while the car may have been sold for 4 or 5 years, it was produced for only 3 "years".

For example:

Car A is released in 2001 as a MY2002 car. It continues into MY2003, and MY2004 when production stops, however, the cars continue to be sold well into 2005.

Please do not confuse my example as a clue for the car, just trying to clarify things.

Hmm, must be a relatively new and small manufactorer - practically every pre-war manufactorer had some sort of convertible in its lineup. I only hope that we don't have to investigate the Chinese market again.

Thanks YF19pilot. I just didn't get the expression.

Hmm, must be a relatively new and small manufactorer - practically every pre-war manufactorer had some sort of convertible in its lineup. I only hope that we don't have to investigate the Chinese market again.

Well, i first thought about Subaru, but couldn't find a single convertible by them (EDIT: seems they had one, the Subaru 360, so that'll be my guess).... So your statement is not 100% true, but indeed, most manufacturers have had a convertible in their lineup. But most pre-war cars were indeed open....

Sorry for the delay.

#1 The company that built the car I'm looking for doesn't exist any more.
#2 The car had an air suspension.

dammit, stupid typo :)

Borgward is to my knowledge the only now nonexistant German luxury car manufacturer not to get usurped by another German manufacturer or consortium. And a google query of Borgward Air Suspension works miracles :)

Kind confusing I think, but I'll throw out:

Ferrari 166 Spyder

Oldest spyder that I could find without too much googling...