ePetition filed to Knight Hammond

Or we could raise a fund to get him a peerage off Tony Blair

I like him as all. He doesn't deserve a knighthood.

As much as it's great that he made a full recovery and all, he doesn't deserve a knighthood.

There's a slight difference between doing something knightworthy (services to charity, country, particular area of prominence, services to labours bank balance etc) and recovering from what was a pretty horrifying crash. Granted he's made a fantastic recovery and all that.... but no one else has really benefited from it have they? I'd give clarkson a knighthood before him, he's done much more for entertainment over a longer time... problem is he won't ever get one because he's too much of a love hate figure.

lol e-petitions are the most useless things, IMO. Can anybody list e-petitions that have actually achieved something reasonably substantial in the past? I'm actually curious...

lol e-petitions are the most useless things, IMO. Can anybody list e-petitions that have actually achieved something reasonably substantial in the past? I'm actually curious...

I'm sure something has worked, but it's probably on a small local scale. Unlike these stupid international ones.

He MIGHT get one of the *BE honours - CBE, MBE or OBE but I doubt he would be knighted and to be honest don't think he's done enough for it yet.

If off the back of the crash he started a crash victims charity and 'god forbid' went on an anti-speed and health and safety crusade he might just have been given an honour.

A Knighthood? No, as big a fan as I am, Hammond hasn't earned that title yet - despite how amazing his recovery his was and how much entertainment he's provided.

or James,

thinking of which, who is more "british" clarkson or may?

Hamsters a top bloke, but he doesnt deserve it. Murray Walker is who I want to see knighted.

the daily expresses crusade to scrap inheritence tax might work. 10 downing street has its own petitions website, so they have to look at it. so many people filled in the petition against the tax that the servers simply broke ! lol

^ Scrap Inheritance Tax, not a chance. BTW Income tax was introduced to pay for the Napoleonic wars, we still got it. ...