Ford's Name Change Game Is Complete

...and the USA changes its name to Super Fun Happy Land to improve international relations.

I never understood the point of developing the Fusion when Ford could have just saved a few million and brought over the Mondeo again.
I do agree the car is bland, the Accord looks better.

The most recent Taurus was only sold exclusively to the rental market (they were selling lots of them). Once Ford took that off the market, their sales in passenger cars went into freefall. This is probably to recapture some of that market.

yikes, what's with the chrome bars on the grille of those things? They sure like putting chrome on it, is paint too expensive?

it looks fucking awful! The old 500 at least didn't look that bad. However, I would take a Falcon over either of them.

...and the USA changes its name to Super Fun Happy Land to improve international relations.

Yeah, try that in New York.

Whats with all the disgusting fake chrome it looks awful, even our falcon looks 20 times better than these bland lifless cars with there whitened teeth.

Rental car :lol:

Btw, is the Fusion well accepted in the US? And the critics?

From what I've read, the Fusion seems to have struck a cord with both. It's getting into the youth niche that Ford wants it to be in, and the reviews I've read seemed to like it.

I've seen a couple of Fusions on campus (there's a black one, a dark blue iirc, and a pearl white recently bought). TBH, I test drove the Fusion a while back, and it's quite a brilliant car. Maybe the closest thing we'll get to the Mondeo. It's perfect for college, room for you and 3 or 4 of your drunk buddies. Drives well, and I got a nice feeling when I drove it. Didn't dwell on the interior too much. Decent gas millage, too.

As for the 500, originally I thought it was going to replace the Crown Victoria, and may have done well if that was the plan (imagine that with a V8 and AWD). It really doesn't look like a young person's car, but tbh, I would probably have had it under consideration when I graduate and was looking for a better sedan.

Rental car :lol:

Btw, is the Fusion well accepted in the US? And the critics?
Well they're using them in NASCAR now.

Oh wait, no they're not. Those cars just have the name stuck on them. :rolleyes:

They just spent millions on the design, they sure as hell aren't changing it now.
They spent millions on those cheap looking pieces of fake chrome? No wonder they're losing so much money.

Well they're using them in NASCAR now.

Oh wait, no they're not. Those cars just have the name stuck on them. :rolleyes:

:lol: True!

Seriously... I asked about the Fusion 'cause we get them here too, and it's selling very well. Reviewers here found it to be a good car, and the public Ford is aiming surely woudn't buy them if they weren't at least good. But this is here, the standarts are others... So, as I see it's considered a good car in the US too.
My point is: Ford should have something at the same level of the new Mondeo, but, as they insist in not selling it in the US, why they can't have cars at least like the Fusion? I mean, this new Taurus thing... why spend millions on a face-lift when there's already a new design identity to follow, the chrome grilles, that just needs to be adapted to this particular vehicle? I just don't get it... it's things such as this that leads Ford towards deficit.

Taurus X? :? It's a station wagon, so it should be called Taurus Wagon. A Taurus X should be a CUV.
Geez, this guys.
Fusion is based on the Mazda 6 built in Mexico, it may be a good car but it is still a Ford labeled vehicle.

Time will tell if those Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan, and Hyundai owners will switch to Ford.

Last edited:
They just spent millions on the design, they sure as hell aren't changing it now.

And they stand out from the usual Camry, Accord blandness.:)

They would stand out, but not in the good way. Theres no other word to describe the "Taurus's" or "Five Hundred's" styling is boring. The Accord and Camry are much better looking car.

Well, these cars are probably going straight to the rental car fleet, so how they look or what they're called really doesn't matter. But I don't get why Ford is building the 500 in the first place, won't it compete with the Mazda6 based Fusion? They should've stop the production on the 500 and increase the production of the Fusion, and off this 260hp V6 and AWD on it. That'll kick some major ass.

The new Ford America family face is so bad.

But I don't get why Ford is building the 500 in the first place, won't it compete with the Mazda6 based Fusion?

No, think...the Fusion is the 3-series as the 500 is to the 5-series. The Crown Vic is the 7-series, and the focus is the 1-series. The Mustang is the 6-series, the X3 is the Escape, the Explorer is the X5.

When you look at it that way, it's no wonder they are in trouble.