'American Special' Complaints: BBC Response

people who eat lentils and who think soil has rights.

Just lol. :lol:

BBC said:
"We acknowledge some viewers do not share the Top Gear team's sense of humour but their provocative comments are an integral part of the programme and are not intended to be taken seriously.
Every time some of you post these complaints and everytime I read what the BBC responded this is their very first response. ^_^ You would think people would get a clue allready. ^_^

Last edited:
"We trust most viewers are familiar enough with the style and tone of the show not to take offence".

OR

If you don't like it don't watch it.

For god sake these people KNOW what Top Gear is going to be like, they KNOW what Jeremy Clarkson is like. WHY the FUCK do they STILL TUNE IN every fucking week. Fuck!

Sorry about the swearing but I get bloody pissed off by these annoying, lentil eating, beard sporting (fully bushy beards), sandle with sock wearing nutjobs.

RANT OVER :)

I wonder how many complain about Ray Mears when he does the same thing. Except he would hunt the cow down and kill it with his bare hands.

None. Because Ray's a nice lad, inne?

*points to switch on tv that says 'off'*
USE IT!! its not that difficult to do surely:wall:

*points to switch on tv that says 'off'*
USE IT!! its not that difficult to do surely:wall:

Well, turning the TV off is the second step. The first is complaining.:p

When Clarkson says that Americans are all a bunch of dumb, rude, chubsters, the appropriate remedy is not to automatically abandon the show you've loved for years, but to make your position known, and give it another shot next week.

Telling people to turn off the show is similar to the asinine position taken by so many of these American truck driving, whore seeking, mulleteers with regards to their nation in general. "Love it or leave it," they say. Turning the TV off is physically simple, but when you spend so much time downloading the show, telling all your friends about it (only to look like a dork), and watching it, with so much of it left over to enjoy, it's emotionally difficult.

So many of us Americans are put between a rock and a hard place when Clarkson makes these comments (and apparently means them). We either shut off the TV, which we don't want to do because there is still 99% of the show there to like, or we come here, to our only outlet, and let the BBC know that the joke is played. It's been played. But we still watch, hoping maybe that one day, Clarkson will abandon his venomous adjectives, if not the actual thought.

The complaints are a testament to the show's greatness.

The BBC just gave the complainers a friendly "fuck off" with that. That's what they always do.

Bless them for that.

An American network would have dragged Clarkson out in front of a press conference where he would have had to read an aplogy and then send him on a tour of talk show appearances, further explaining how wrong he was.

Then they would fire him.

-Justin

Sorry about the swearing but I get bloody pissed off by these annoying, lentil eating, beard sporting (fully bushy beards), sandle with sock wearing nutjobs.

RANT OVER :)

Who's eating lentils? Also i don't believe that anyone from Alabama wear socks.

So many of us Americans are put between a rock and a hard place when Clarkson makes these comments (and apparently means them). We either shut off the TV, which we don't want to do because there is still 99% of the show there to like, or we come here, to our only outlet, and let the BBC know that the joke is played. It's been played. But we still watch, hoping maybe that one day, Clarkson will abandon his venomous adjectives, if not the actual thought.

Or better yet: you realize that they are merely jokes, and instead of taking everything so seriously, you actually laugh along to :p

Some people get so bent out of shape over Clarkson, that's what makes it all really funny :lol:

The BBC just gave the complainers a friendly "fuck off" with that. That's what they always do.

Damn right they did... :lol:

Sick of all these complaints about how rude they are... Everybody that complains has laughted on rover comments of how rubbish they are... But when it comes to mock they're own side they just complain like girls whom were taken their lollypop... Jesus... For pete's sake grow up... I remember the whole scientology shit around Chef in south park... Same bullshit there!

Oh and for all of you that were offended the whole scene, i think that you watch too much oprah! If you were raised in the country side you just you act manly about it and have a good laugh... It's not a big deal, believe me!

That was my two cents on the these complains...

Forgive me, I have anger management problems... lol

Sorry being a lil bit rude... But if we all have these attitudes the world might turn into a banal place where people can't disagree about a joke or an opinion...

heres another article..this one by May himself...
Mays article

Yeah I've read it already. Unless my memory fails me, I don't recall civil war southerners putting people in ovens/gas chambers. Oh well, to each his own... Ha ha the reactions of 9x3 are staggering!

Or better yet: you realize that they are merely jokes, and instead of taking everything so seriously, you actually laugh along to :p

I guess there is a third way.

I'll make a deal with you. When Clarkson is joking, I'll do this. :lol: When he is not, I'll do this. :mad:

Yeah, YEAH! Don't piss us off, because we have guns 'n' stuff.
*spits Tobbacca juice on the ground*

Just kidding, I thought it was funny, but also a bit shameful.