The Top Gear survey results are in...

Skoda FTW!!

:shock: Skoda has its complete model range within the top 7! I wonder where VW, Seat and Audi are ranked.

Two Mercs, a Ford and a couple of Frenchies at the bottom. :D

Hmmm, the results look freakishly similar to the ones posted by the dutch AutoWeek magazine a few months earlier. Skoda, Honda and Lexus the top ones, Frenchies at the very bottom.

but yet Citroen is whooping everyone's ass in WRC... go figure!

but yet Citroen is whooping everyone's ass in WRC... go figure!

i have never understood this

the french seem to be good at whooping ass in motorsport.

renault use to rock when they were in F1, then they just supplie engines, which were the best engines to have, then they left completely, then they came back and now they have 2 constructors WC's.

citroen teamed with loeb have been a frighteningly good and reliable combination in WRC and peugeot arent all that bad at motorsport either

yet somehow they always end up bottom in the satisfaction surveys becuase of things like, rude dealers, expensive parts/labour, shoddy build quality and reliability problems.

it really is like they spend all their time on motorsport and to hell with making cars to sell properly

You cannot really compare motorsport with production cars, can you? Most of the parts for racing cars have to fulfill much thougher quality standards or are replaced every 1000 km or so. (Remember that it was a novelty one year ago when an F1 engine had to last at least two races = 1000KM?)

There's no doubt that many technical inventions first seen on race cars have improved the power of efficiency of road cars, but reliability and durability only can be tested in real life.

And I fear if Peugeot, Citroen and Renault don't do something about their quality issues (there's a huge survey done by the German automobile club ADAC in which French cars turn to come last as well, so that's not only a UK issue) they might take not only a temporarily damage in reputation and popularity.

Peugeot arent all that bad at motorsport either

The 206 WRC was an awesome machine, espically in the hands of Gronholm. Then it went downhill with the 307 but it is seeing sucess in the hands of Stohl.

They were unlucky at Le Mans, but have a very good chance this year.

Still, they seemingly can't build a decent petrol car anymore. Why couldn't they concentrate on doing this instead of build a diesel powered racing car?

The engines should be one of the smaller problems Peugeot currently have - they're really struggeling to get a decent built quality and to sort out all kinds of electrical problems. If you're owning a car you might accept that you have to take it to the garage once because of an engine failure, but you'll really get pissed by constant rattling noises or misfunctions of the electrics which, I can imagine, mainly lead to those results. (My professor bought himself a Peugeot 1007 last year. He never encountered any problems with the engine so far but really wasn't pleased to travel with open doors at -5 degrees because those stupid electric doors refused to shut themself...)

Great results and thanks for the link, but does anyone know where I can find a similar survey but from North America?

Thanks.

Looks like a good showing from the S2000 again...surprising to see Skoda up towards the top!

I think Skoda did well last yeah too, I'm not supprised, they are basically VW's built in Prague. But the build quallity on our fleet of 15 is great and very reliable. Pretty nice to drive too. The Octavia 4x4 1.8 turbo's really shift.

I was personally glad to see land rover slightly higher up, big shame about Jeep being so low.

Interesting to see two Lexi in there too if im honest...

It's good to see the S2000 at top once again, although I might be a bit biased :burnrubber:

So despite all the jokes and insults from most people Skoda still top the TG survey :tease: , only up 1 space from last year when they were 2nd. The Octavia has gone up a few places from last year as well. Easy to see why, ours is 2 years old and hasn't put a foot wrong. Dealer is first class, polite, great service when and they give us a Christmas card.

Will be interesting to see what they say about it in the show....

Woo, Peugeot 807 last for the second year running.

You'll never guess what we got, new, last week...[not my choice, believe me!]