FINALGEAR MEET at the N?rburgring (May 20th)

FINALGEAR MEET at the N?rburgring (May 20th)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MXM

I paid for this title
So meeting time is Sunday, 20th of May at 12:00. Meeting place is the field on the opposite side of roundabout from the main parking lot. Look at this post for the picture (green circle shows the field).

Please vote so we get general idea about who's coming.

Also, if you're coming, send me a message with your info. Include at least phone-number and what car are you coming with (or who's giving you a ride). If you can, feel free to send photos of yourself and/or your car. You name, car's numberplates, color, any info you think is necessary to recognize you :)

I'll re-send the list to everyone when it will be getting ready, so we can keep everything nicely organized and nobody gets lost :)

You can either PM me through forum, or if you don't know how to host your/car's photo, you can send me a mail with attachments to fgmeet@gmail.com

Got info on following people now:
MXM
Adunaphel
Dins
Pdanev
Mautzel
flamingice
homer-jay_simpson
Alok
Ford Prefect
D-Fence

Original message:

I'm very impatient, so I started planning already :)

I'm doing a little Germany-tour of my own at the end of May, and since there was a talk about 'ring meet (here), that would be really nice to synchronize my trip with it.

My suggestion is: Sunday, 20th of May. Other options are Saturday 19th or(can't make it) Monday 21st of May. Unfortunately that's pretty much the only days I can be there. I have exams before this weekend, and work starting on next week.

Here's the schedule of the public days for these days:

Datum: Sunday, 20.05.2007 von 8:00 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr

Datum: Monday, 21.05.2007 von 13:00 Uhr bis 19:30 Uhr

Sunday is probably best because it's weekend, and track is open for whole day. Of course downside is that track will be quite busy.

So.. is this suitable for anyone? Reply please :)

P.S. Yeah, and this is my whole trip-plan (changed a bit now, though). A good 2000 km :)
http://img64.imageshack.**/img64/4800/tehtripin0.th.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome idea, however, I seem to have an ocean in my road. Bugger.

I do hope you are able to meet up with some members from Germany and the surrounding areas...If I could, I would be there in a heartbeat...with Sonia wondering why we flew to Germany to meet some strangers. :lol:

I think I'd need a slightly longer snorkle than's currently fitted for that drive. And then'd I'd probably get around the track in about 30 minutes :p

I think I'll post this in the news if you guys don't mind (i.e. rather than making it forum regulars only). Maybe we can get a big-time meet outta this.

Awesome idea, however, I seem to have an ocean in my road. Bugger.
Pfft, it doesn't look that deep. I bet you could make it.

Oh, don't I wish I could, but I'm stuck on this side of the pond.

Also have that problem. Sadly Subaru hasn't opted for "airplane conversation" as an option yet.

I hear the pontoon conversion for the Legacy is a direct swap. ;)

Pfft, it doesn't look that deep. I bet you could make it.

Well, I'd better get walking, then - blast, Google Maps doesn't have walking directions from Calgary to the Ring. <_<

I think I'll post this in the news if you guys don't mind (i.e. rather than making it forum regulars only). Maybe we can get a big-time meet outta this.

I understand this is still quite far from now to make commitments or promises, so we will get back to it later I guess, unless other suggestions come (different day for example).

At the moment I don't have the means to get there, but it's an awesome idea, I'll surely look into it :D

<shakes fist at water>

Damn you ocean, DAMN YOU!!! :p

Great idea though - hope you get a good turn-out.

Last edited:
Friends of mine will do some racing only a week later (May 26th) ... wrong week :p

On the other hand it's only an hour away from here ... nice idea ... if there is a big meet, count me in!

Greetings
Michael

Well, we hope it'll be big, and if you show up, it will be bigger, so show up! :p

<sigh> 3 times at the 'Ring in 4 weeks? </sigh>

(26. Mai 2007 - 47. ADAC Reinoldus-Langstreckenrennen N?rburgring
08. Juni 2007 - 24-Stunden-Rennen N?rburgring)

Well how could I ever resist to spend all my weekends at that playground :lol:

As I said before - count me in!

Greetings
Michael

At the moment I don't have the means to get there, but it's an awesome idea, I'll surely look into it :D
Damn, afterall you're my means of transportation at least so I heard. :whistle:

Taking the train is just too inconvienient.

Have you done any calculations as to the costs of getting there from here? I've always wanted to go there and this is as good an excuse as any...