Corvette C6 Coupe Victory Edition (EU) - Another one?

I like vette's but like Swek said, nobody watches LeMans or GT racing. Even most car enthusiasts. Add to that the fact you'll be dropping 911 money on it, and something tells me it will remain a rare car over here.

The problem with the interior is that the carbon is "shiny", which just outwardly shouts "this isn't for performance, this is to look cool". If they just left it bare weave it would at least give it a racing look.

I like vette's but like Swek said, nobody watches LeMans or GT racing. Even most car enthusiasts. Add to that the fact you'll be dropping 911 money on it, and something tells me it will remain a rare car over here.

The problem with the interior is that the carbon is "shiny", which just outwardly shouts "this isn't for performance, this is to look cool". If they just left it bare weave it would at least give it a racing look.
ferrari-f430_interior5.jpg

for fucks sake, the interior in my C5 is cheap

the interior int he C6 is actually good enough! The door shuts like it would in a BMW, the dash or door panels are not made from hard plastic, in fact it wouldn't look out of place in a Mercedes. Seriously you need to sit in one to realise its not as bad as the journalists make it out to be. The only cheap bits is some switch gear and what really disappoints me personally is that the top of the door panel and middle trim is not wrapped in leather, it would so complete the look and feel! other than that its a solid effort in GMs part.

..Seriously you need to sit in one to realise its not as bad as the journalists Jeremy Clarkson make it out to be...

There, thats better!

Looks great in black!

Last edited:
for fucks sake, the interior in my C5 is cheap

the interior int he C6 is actually good enough! The door shuts like it would in a BMW, the dash or door panels are not made from hard plastic, in fact it wouldn't look out of place in a Mercedes. Seriously you need to sit in one to realise its not as bad as the journalists make it out to be. The only cheap bits is some switch gear and what really disappoints me personally is that the top of the door panel and middle trim is not wrapped in leather, it would so complete the look and feel! other than that its a solid effort in GMs part.

I'm not talking about the quality of plastic, i'm saying it looks foul and the ergonomics leave a lot to be desired, what's up with the handbrake location?

I guess you don't like the Audi R8 handbrake location either?
I think his complaint is that the C6 has the handbrake on the side of the armrest opposite to the driver. The R8 has it on the side closer to the driver. The Mazda Mx-5 for instance has the handbrake in the same location as the C6.

Well the hand brake is in a pretty awkward position, you have to pretty much reach over the console to activate the brake. The car was designed and built for a left hand drive country, why not have the hand brake on the left side of the console.

Last edited:
The car was designed and built for a left hand drive country, why not have the hand brake on the left side of the console.
If it was in the same place on the left it would be by your hip. Idk, i'd have to sit in one to see if it's bad or not. I'd be kind of suprised if GM thought, "Hey, we should make it really easy to yank the e-brake in this thing". It's not some 16 year olds Civic that needs the e-brake locked to slide, that's what the 400hp is for :D.

GT racing might not be to popular in Europe, but I think they'll be able to unload 250 cars, even if it's pushing Z06 prices for what amounts to some badges and CF on the dash. The regular C6 interior is ok, but if they want to use CF, it needs to be matte. Looks a little ricey glossed over like that.

Looks great on the outside but the inside is a bit dodgy. Look at that ghastly carbon fiber and the leather around the gearshift that looks like an old woman's neck skin. I also don't like the red leather but that stems from my belief that brightly coloured leather is only acceptable on prostitutes and Eddie Murphy circa 1983.

It's not too bad tho, overall. I've certainly seen worse.... Like the Hyundai Elantra I was in a a few weeks ago - it was like being in the taxi that will eventually take me to hell when I die.

But the Elantra isn't ?50,000.;)

I'm not talking about the quality of plastic, i'm saying it looks foul and the ergonomics leave a lot to be desired, what's up with the handbrake location?

I think his complaint is that the C6 has the handbrake on the side of the armrest opposite to the driver. The R8 has it on the side closer to the driver. The Mazda Mx-5 for instance has the handbrake in the same location as the C6.

Well the hand brake is in a pretty awkward position, you have to pretty much reach over the console to activate the brake. The car was designed and built for a left hand drive country, why not have the hand brake on the left side of the console.

Looks great on the outside but the inside is a bit dodgy. Look at that ghastly carbon fiber and the leather around the gearshift that looks like an old woman's neck skin. I also don't like the red leather but that stems from my belief that brightly coloured leather is only acceptable on prostitutes and Eddie Murphy circa 1983.

It's not too bad tho, overall. I've certainly seen worse.... Like the Hyundai Elantra I was in a a few weeks ago - it was like being in the taxi that will eventually take me to hell when I die.

But the Elantra isn't ?50,000.;)

Are you people fucking serious?

Are you people fucking serious?

Yeah, they are unfortunately. There seems to be quite a few people like that on this forum. Here is an example from another thread about the 2008 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG:

That AMG badge on the center console is too garish for words.

the "one out of 40" on the centre console is lame, the clock is strange

everyones a criti...'jeremy clarkson' now a days :mrgreen:

I don't see why this bothers you guys so much. My sense of taste is only unfortunate for those that are trying to sell me something classless and distasteful.:mrgreen:

But hey, if you guys like a cabin full of fake carbon fiber and bright red leather knock yourselves out...
Then again, I don't see why the handbrake cover bothers you so much on a car that has 500hp.