top gear magazine march issue

KurtF1

Car(s)
Mazda 3
does somebody has it? i'd really like to know how the hot hatch comparison is... is the the mazda 3 mps?
i can't buy the magazine cause they don't sell it in italy:cry:

Actually I would also like to read that....very much so. I love hot hatch tests...they're usually better then any other car reviews.

No exactly sure what you're asking to be honest but the Mazda 3 mps comes 19th out of 29 in their chart.

It says "Extremely fast and the most capable motorway tool here. Zero charm."
as usual:mad:
"it is fantastic, but no thanks i want a vw just because it is a vw..."

would u be so kind to scan the article?:bow: please please pretty please!

They have a full review of the Honda Civic Type R, Renault Megan R26, VW Golf Edition 30, Seat Leon Cupra, Mazda 3 MPS, Vauxhall Astra VXR and the Ford Focus ST.

The rest have just a line under the photo of the car and a ranked position.

You can see more at http://www.topgear.com/hothatches apparently.

They seemed to like the Mazda but felt it was let down on personality.

yeah as always... it is a lot cheaper than the other main hot hatches (like s3, 130i and golf) but it goes better than the bmw and the vw (the s3 is of another planet... is it 1t or is the civic better?)

OMFG!!!! what a terrible chart! this is very very disappointing... i'll try to forget thet there are things in front of the mazda like a panda, 2 skoda's a ka (!!???!?!?!?) and a mini cooper s that goes on the track like a mazda 3 2000, but how can the focus st be that high and the mazda that low?? it is the same car with 40 hp more (and maybe the diff, don't know if the focus has it)!! this is really rubbish...

ps. the comment on the s3 says it all... "At ?26,975 its 4x4 greatness isn't worth the extra over the Golf GTI." ok it costs very much but it just eat on the top of the r32, not the lamish gti... god this is really disappointing from top gear...

There is a BIG blue circle on the page in the magazine that says

"Have we got it wrong? You have a right to disagree, you know - vehemently if you like. Log on and have your say at www.topgear.com/hothatches"

hmm, i can't see anything where i can write something, can u?

I think three Golf's in the top 10 says it all. VW still rules the GTI roost.

They do sell Top Gear Magazine in italy, at least here in Milan, you can find it in several shops. where are you located?
reggio emilia...<_< there's no way i can find it here...

@Peter3hg: yeah right:lol:

The MPS might have a lot of power but it's fat, 3200lb pig. As long as practicality and fun are important, id get a used RX-8.

The MPS might have a lot of power but it's fat, 3200lb pig. As long as practicality and fun are important, id get a used RX-8.
yeah sure, but we're talking about hatches ;)

@avanti: well thank u very much but since i read the chart, i think i would explode if i read all the article :lol:

Yeah, I'd be VERY much interested in the Magzazine every month.
I downloaded the ones from Kuranosuke's FTP, but they're all from 2006. Since the TG show is showing less reviewing (incl. interior shots of the car & technical stuff), I thought this would be the perfect way to keep up with all the new cars.
Are there any newer scans around? (it's really hard for me to get it in Australia).

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited: