Flame the Yanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People, please! My post wasn't meant to be taken entirely seriously!
Especially the fat people bit.

Although honestly, you're all fat and I'm quite disgusted.

Oh, and Alexander Graham Bell was a Scot. He moved to the US when he was 24, so I'm quite sure he qualifies as Scottish.

lol well its a flame the americans thread, they're bound to take it more seriously and get offended because thats how they are (well some of them anyway)

lol well its a flame the americans thread, they're bound to take it more seriously and get offended because thats how they are (well some of them anyway)

I'd just like to point out that it was me, and American, who started the thread in the first place!

I have read every post with a smile on my face - I really have enjoyed it. There were a few things I posted about because I thought they were incorrect, but I also learned much more about cultural and technological contributions from Europe. It does seem that my country's strong point is the refinement of ideas into practical and marketable applications. I don't see that as a bad thing.

Anyway, I am personally trying to break the "fat American" stereotype - I'm a bit overweight at the moment (yes, I admit it), but last week I started back at the gym and on a new exercise regiment. Hopefully I will get my flabby ass down to European standards.

Hopefully I will get my flabby ass down to European standards.

The European "standard" weight has been increasing over the past few years......

first of all, the standard(s) need to be questioned. according to my bmi, i'm overweight (6'0", 220 lbs). if you were to see me though, you wouldn't think it. people have assumed i weigh anywhere from 160 lb to 190 lbs.

Ok, so my goal is to loose one European.

I'm actually not sure that would be healthy for someone my height and build, but it sounded fun. Actually one of my regrets is not dating the cute exchange student I met my first semester at University. She was from a tiny French island territory in the Indian ocean and had more style than any 6 people I have ever met - she took notes with a fountain pen! So in other words she was way out of my league.

i weigh about 3 europeans right now and im hoping i can get half a european worth of musle by the end of the summer

I weigh too much. I sort of think it's silly to joke about fat yanks when you weigh too much yourself. Then again, I do have some muscle mass. How many Europeans do i represent? Dunno. :p

I think we must apply to the international agency for weights and cup cakes, to get "european" approved as a measure.

1 european = about 50 lbs

that's about 25 kg right?
Well I must be american then becouse i'm worth about 5 europeans and something.
The europeans are fat, but we get fat eating quality food and drink quality beer and wine. Don't know if you can say the same. (and baked cow is not a quality meal by itself).
Oh and fast food is for people with no imagination or respect for themselves (or americans:lol: ).

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and defend fast food a little.

The only good thing about fast food is that if you are in a smaller town late in the evening and they have a McDonald's, Burger King, etc. You can get a meal and know that it'll be the same quality as any of there other restaurants. Now, I'm not saying that's going to be the best meal you've ever had (far from it). If you eat something small and don't make a habit of it it's not that bad.

That being said I say support local restaurants when ever possible, the food usually tastes better and it helps the local economy.

A lot of Americans talk out of their noses and have ugly voices.

Was watching an Australian movie once and I almost had to shut if off.:|

Australians can't make movies (or tv shows) for shit. It always involves someone "sticking it to the man" be it the government or some boss type figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.