Ford GT traded for Gallardo spyder

Ford GT traded for Gallardo spyder

• Total voters
Have you ever seen a Murcielago? They are disgustingly fantastic looking. It easily contains the same sort of stunning design the Countach had.

The murcielago is a lot more refined than the countach. The Murci still has a lot of strange butresses and scissor doors but the front and the sides are very simple.

lol don't take it too personally.

It's not about taking it personally. It's about people throwing around personal opinions like they are the ultimate truth. I don't like american V8's, but I don't say "anybody who doesn't enjoy the high pitched noise of a L4 revving to 9000rpm shouldn 't be allowed near a sports car".
I don't like superchargers and their noise, but it's just my opinion. See the difference?

I would have thought Jezza would have enough room in the garage for both.

That said, would the fact that Jezza was the original owner of his GT make it worth more than what used GTs normally sell for, or would it be worth less than usual given all the reliability hassles he's made so public? :D

It's not about taking it personally. It's about people throwing around personal opinions like they are the ultimate truth. I don't like american V8's, but I don't say "anybody who doesn't enjoy the high pitched noise of a L4 revving to 9000rpm shouldn 't be allowed near a sports car".
I don't like superchargers and their noise, but it's just my opinion. See the difference?

the difference is i recognize your opinion and couldn't care less about said opinion. i can't help it if you take my personal feelings as the be all end gospel, that isn't really within the bounds of my control. what i can do is laugh at the notion that a high revving torqless 4 banger belongs in a sports car.

Jeremy will look back in ten years and regret it, because he'll realize he sold a modern icon for a poser fadmobile that will be easily forgotten.

Clarkson is almost 50 years old. He could wait for 20 years keep it in a garage (because it seems the thing is useless), until he's 70, sell the GT then, and make a fortune, and spend it on old-people medications...

On the other hand he could just buy a Gallardo Spyder now,
enjoy driving it. It's not like he NEEDS to make a fortune in 20 years time,
he's already rich.

The murcielago is a lot more refined than the countach. The Murci still has a lot of strange butresses and scissor doors but the front and the sides are very simple.

That is true, however I refuse to think that this is sanitized or boring compared to the Countach:

http://img255.imageshack.**/img255/3240/lambomurlp640roadster14vo2.jpg

It is really
lamcountwo2.jpg

I mean, where's the wings? The vents? The gold? The strange mirrors? The pastel shirts?

the GT as a machine of passion and the Gallardo as a profit?, ppshht, give me a break

i love the GT but its a pretty car with a truck drivetrain, the engine is very tunable but why would clarkson be interested in that? he HATES manual labor, secondly i think the whole sound and presence of the lambo engine is much more exciting, i know clarkson loves a great engine sound as well, so im quessing the slightly less dramatic acceleration is made up for by the way more dramatic noises,

secondly the Lambo is arguably more sophisticated, for one thing it has a really well balanced AWD system, i know Tsuchia loved it as far as drifting goes in a midengine-all wheel drive car goes :)

finally the small details that they changed on the spider(the rake of the rear inlet housings for example) do just make the car look that much better, if truth be told i actually liked the way the original one looked, it just was never wild enough (needed a crazy spoiler and some flairs or something rediculous like that :) )

i will say though that i hope like hell jeremy didn't listen to james may about getting it in baby blue, that by far is the most boring color i have ever seen a lamborghini in, the light green as well is pretty hideous and for me is enough to ruin the cars demeanor, wheres the italian flare and aggression in that?

the difference is i recognize your opinion and couldn't care less about said opinion. i can't help it if you take my personal feelings as the be all end gospel, that isn't really within the bounds of my control. what i can do is laugh at the notion that a high revving torqless 4 banger belongs in a sports car.
Oh my. Your skull is thicker then I expected. :lol: And since this is beyond MY control, I won't try to change your opinions about sports cars and what kind of engines they should have.

Last edited:
the GT as a machine of passion and the Gallardo as a profit?, ppshht, give me a break

Ummm.....yes.

The Gallardo is more sophisticated and easier to live with. What does that spell? More attractive to more people...meaning greater number of cars sold...meaning higher profit. However, the fact of the matter is that under VAG, they could not afford to have Lamborghini bleed money like what Bugatti is doing currently.

Ford built the GT to commemorate its GT40 Le Mans racecar. If paying homage to past legends is not "passion" then I don't know what is. Your frontal lobe either needs a few more years of growth or you are hopelessly delusional.

I would have thought Jezza would have enough room in the garage for both.

That said, would the fact that Jezza was the original owner of his GT make it worth more than what used GTs normally sell for, or would it be worth less than usual given all the reliability hassles he's made so public? :D

I think it's not that he doesn't have the room (although I do hear land is pricey in the mother land:blink:), it's just he doesn't like to keep things arround that he barely uses, i.e. JayLeno and his hundreds of cars he drives like once a year:D. I think its more of a practicality issue instead of a means issue. I kind of think the same way, I used to own 2 cars: acura integra and mitsustiggy evo 9 8). I hated dusting off my evo every weekend just for a short romp; it was heart breaking. I felt I was cheating on my beloved evo as I drove away to work in my boring acura on the weekdays. So, I sold the acura and now drive my baby everyday of the week. I know it has worse gas mileage and rougher ride, but it just feels fantastic to be able to drive my dream car every chance I get; and know its not wasting away under a mountain of dust:D.

p.s. I'm sorry if I started a war on engine noises:p. Everyone has their own tastes and I respect that:). But, let's not forget what a hell of a 4 banger the lotus exige is 8).

Last edited:
Ummm.....yes.

The Gallardo is more sophisticated and easier to live with. What does that spell? More attractive to more people...meaning greater number of cars sold...meaning higher profit. However, the fact of the matter is that under VAG, they could not afford to have Lamborghini bleed money like what Bugatti is doing currently.

Ford built the GT to commemorate its GT40 Le Mans racecar. If paying homage to past legends is not "passion" then I don't know what is. Your frontal lobe either needs a few more years of growth or you are hopelessly delusional.

I quite like the GT also, but I feel its just lacking the passion and lunacy of the original GT40. It's too quite and mechanical sounding when you punch the gas. It's rear bumper beam was an after thought taken from a yugo. It's just too sane and pratical of a car. But, the guys at Genaddi Design Group have made what I think the GT should have been, the GTX-1. 700 hp, race tuned headers and exhaust system, choptop roof, carbon fibre underbody and most important no fugly yugo rear bumper. If ford had the balls like Carol Shelby did in the past to realease this version from the factory, then we probably wouldn't be discussing why JC sold his GT; instead discussing why JC sold his first born to buy one :).

Last edited:
i agree, blower whine is god awful annoying,

lol You guys are boring. Is your dream to own an electric car or something?

I quite like the GT also, but I feel its just lacking the passion and lunacy of the original GT40. It's too quite and mechanical sounding when you punch the gas. It's rear bumper beam was a after thought taken from a yugo. It's just too sane and pratical of a car. But, the guys at Genaddi Design Group have made what I think the GT should have been, the GTX-1. 700 hp, race tuned headers and exhaust system, choptop roof, carbon fibre underbody and most important no fugly yugo rear bumper. If ford had the balls like Carol Shelby did in the past to realease this version from the factory, then we probably wouldn't be discussing why JC sold his GT; instead discussing why JC sold his first born to buy one :).

You must really hate the Gallardo then.

they should make another diablo and to live up to the name it should rival the veyron.

While the idea of a 1000hp lambo seems sweet, it just doesnt fit the customer base lambo has in mind. Besides they don't want to eat into their sister company's buggati profits. They are both owned by the VW/Audi group, and dont want to bite the hand that feeds them:lol:. The veyron is targeted at the ultra rich, i.e Tom Cruise, Bill Gates, while the lambo is aimed at the very rich i.e. sports stars, doctors, lotto winners:D. They are just in a different class of exclusivity.

If lambo wasn't its sister company, then they might build a challenger for the veyron, but then they might alienate their bread and butter customers: the doctors and such:blink:. But it may happen in the future, say if merc or toyota bought them up:).

Last edited:
lol You guys are boring. Is your dream to own an electric car or something?

You must really hate the Gallardo then.

I find the gallardo a wonderful car, because it's v10 screams at you when you give it the berrys:p more so in droptop form. I prefer it over the gt because of its exotic v10 sound and italian looks, but if money were no object I would choose the lp640 choptop. That v12 scream is like having sex with a super model while she's doing your taxes:p. And its body is soo low and sexy I would like to have it's babies:lol:. But back to the topic, yes I would choose the gallardo over the gt, because it has more soul in its sound and works when I wanna take it out for a romp. Plus I do love that it has awd just like in my daily driver evo9:D JC might also as it rains about 330 days a year in england:lol:.