Cars you just dont understand

I cannot understand and I cannot accept SUVs.
No exception. They are all crap. From Land Rover to Toyota Rav4 and so on.

Shame on you.
I would never buy a 4x4 but it sure is fun to drive one as a car rental. I drove a brand new Nissan Armada car rental because I had 5 passengers. It was very fun for the day but of course with the kind of budget I have I'd just buy a used 4-door Toyota like a Camry or Corolla.

Insted of spending (wasting) your money on an R32, buy a secondhand subaru, and tune it up. And you have a car that can "race" at the lamps. Or if you are smarter, you take it to a track :)

Impreza's to obvious, it looks like a rally car, you know it's got a turbo, you know it can put the power down, you know it handles well.

The R32 is a Golf. You get it with four doors, it looks like a Golf. Which gives the guy hope.

*Prepares to get shot in the face again...........Ferrari F599 Fiorano it looks exactly like a 612 but less seats and slightly quicker.

At least the 456 and 550/575 looked different.

*Prepares to get shot in the face again...........Ferrari F599 Fiorano it looks exactly like a 612 but less seats and slightly quicker.

At least the 456 and 550/575 looked different.

I agree with you actually. I actually don't fancy the 612 that much, it's supposed to be supercar but it's so uh under styled? I guess that is the word I was looking for.

VW Golf R32. I mean who buys that? For that money you can buy a proper secondhand Subaru.

people who like class and charisma probably, as well as usability and livability, id say people with pretty solid common sense, Germans for example

i don't care for most of these massively powerful FWD cars, its just so annoying knowing you have a decent chassi and a great engine, but a completely inadequate layout, its like if you had a huge penis but it was mounted under your armpit

Last edited:
Would be easier to use it then, don't forget that.

id like to see you try

Bugatti Veyron...a car that many do not understand and yet so many others can't stop banging about them.

You can get more power, faster top speed, and more luxury for less money.

Bugatti Veyron...a car that many do not understand and yet so many others can't stop banging about them.

You can get more power, faster top speed, and more luxury for less money.

Really? All in one package? Such as....? I'm personally not a fan of the Veyron, but I can see the point of it...

Um the FJ cruiser is an SUV that i just cant understand. Most people buy SUV's for large car like attributes. The FJ has two doors what is the point again

Really? All in one package? Such as....? I'm personally not a fan of the Veyron, but I can see the point of it...

Ahh...you see this is where they trumpet the phrase "production car."

For some enthusiasts, working on a car is as much fun as driving it. For others, they merely want to be spoon fed ;)

1000 hp can be easily gotten out of many engines with ease. The most reliable of which are the larger, American eight and ten cylinders..if you're talking about engines from production cars such as the Corvette and the Viper. GM and Ford also sell crate engines with even bigger displacements.

Top speed is a bit more tricky. Aerodynamics and gearing come into play. Hang out at the Salt Flats, make a few friends, and 253 mph will come.

Luxury...that's easy. Just replace interior of what ever car you're doing with better items. Exotic leather and even diamonds. Take a submarine down to where ever DeBeers sink their dimaond supply and dig up a few crates.

VW R32 makes perfect sense, a ultra fast pocket rocket. Second hand Subaru would have been raced to death, boosted till the block flies appart, and had its tires melted in some stupid drifting or driving competition.

I?d like to see you take a long distance trip in a Subbie, aches, pains and just plain fatigue within the hour. Too harsh of a car to be really user friendly.

Now take an R32 for a long trip, ah yes, I could do that!

Small SUVs such as the rav4 ect.. , but i really like certain Suvs with a good balance to them like the Land Rover Discovery, not only road going but has some off road capabilities too.

SUV's, pretty well all of them, if you need to haul/tow buy a pickup because you do not need a Escalade.

Camrys, Collorlas, Civics (old), Malibu. Anycar without any passion built into them...why would someone buy that, when I see one of these (which is every 5 secs) I always ask why?

*Sets up bomb proof bunker*

Ferrari's, BMW, Mercades.

Ferraris, I can see the passion, but for the price there is a cheaper, more extreme and more unique experiances out there. I just do not understand why people buy them.

BMW-Mercades, I do not understand the price tag on something that seems to be on most other cars.

(Remember all OPINIONS)

There are plenty I don't get. I can make a defense for the wrangler - but small SUV's that can't offroad seem pointless. Also I can't think of any off hand but there are tons of cars that appeal to non-existent markets - and unnecessary rebadges - and crappy cars - and ugly cars - and cars whose main purpose has been compromised. But for me the worst case and point with that last thing is the hot pickup. High horsepower, high weight, rear-wheel drive (usually) with NO wieght over the rear wheels, no areodyanmis - spoilers make the bed crappy - low clearance make it useless offroad - its shape and weight make it damn slow (especially per the engine power)- its balance makes it handle worth crap, its uncomfortable, expensive and I doubt they see any utility use.

Ram SRT10
dodge_ram_srt10_01.jpg

Lightning
ford04lightning.jpg

SSR
2003%20Chevy%20SSR%20Convertible%20Red%20Truck.jpg

Same applies to Hot big SUV's - Jeep SRT8, Trailblazer SS, that hot Range Rover

Last edited:
R32: nearly as expensive an an STi, not as well built
GTI: nearly as expensive as a WRX, not as well built

I don't understand all of eastern European automakers,
and at least half of American ones.

R32: nearly as expensive an an STi, not as well built
GTI: nearly as expensive as a WRX, not as well built

built? maybe engine reliability, but the golfs are better built as far as interior quality, fit and finish, although the subaru isn't that bad, also the newest impreza vs the newest GTI/R32 i do believe the golf actually has less issues with suspension geometry, for some reason subaru just doesn't want to fix their cars