• Battleground Europe: World War II Online

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
So what would you say is the best ever World War 2 first person shooter for the PC?

Please explain why 8)

I would personally say Call of Duty 2 at this point. The visuals are excellent, good controls, amazing sound effects, smart AI, great multiplayer. Only two changes I would make: I'm not a huge fan of the regenerating health system (makes you feel too invincible) and a multi-player co-op mode would be a plus for those who like teaming up against the AI.

With that said, I've heard great things about the Brothers in Arms titles, so I am planning to try them soon. That may change my selection.

i enjoyed return to castle wolfenstein. :) that was one of the 1st pc games i bought that had really great graphics. i rememeber i used to be blown away by the lighting and flamethrower effects. the AI was funny too :p. i dont know what i'd pick for best...

Poll is up.

Oops, I forgot "return to castle wolfenstein", but remembered the original ;) I can't seem to edit the poll.....

Sigh, if only they ever completed the invasion 1944 mod for Operation Flashpoint....

Yeah, you forgot Return to Castele Wolfenstein, but then its rather fictional compared to the others. I voted for MOHAA. Fucking brilliant, although I pretty much liked Call of Duty 1 and its addons...

I voted DoD for its overall simplicity of the game (i.e. no tanks to drive). It really does allow for a more pure FPS experience. The levels are simple, yet fun and allow for some great battles. RTCW is a very close second for it's multiplayer.

Call of Duty (Series). Reminds me of Band of Brothers, therefore it must be awesome!

MOHAA was totally awesome, as was BF42, and of course RTCW. soo hard to make a decision, but I think BF42 wins it for being just so much multiplayer fun :)

DoD, It's the only one I have ever played and I used to be a counterstrike nut. Just loved it online.

MOHAA was totally awesome, as was BF42, and of course RTCW. soo hard to make a decision, but I think BF42 wins it for being just so much multiplayer fun :)

Agreed. Its why I still play it :p It getting on too now... what is it... 7 years old? more now?

No prob. I just have a Wolf fetish kinda thing. Enemy Territory was the best game for free...and one of the best online games ever.

Red Orchestra! I love it when it came out for Steam...its really fun with iron sights and what not..

Agreed. Its why I still play it :p It getting on too now... what is it... 7 years old? more now?

BF42? Came out around the same time as MOHAA. It was basically a golden age for WWII games back then, but just because its about six years old doesn't mean its any less fun 8).

And unlike newer Battlefield games, it actually worked ;)

Red Orchestra! I love it when it came out for Steam...its really fun with iron sights and what not..

That's one I haven't tried, but threw it in the poll because of it's good reviews ;)

I'd say MOHAA closely followed by Call of Duty. Simply because MOHAA was the fist (singleplayer that is). After that it got extrememly repetitive playing the same scenarios over and over again. I don't know about you guys but I can't see them anymore. Create some new scenarios you lazy gamedesigners.

Plus they all rely on scripted events a bit too much for my taste.

Last edited:
Brothers in Arms isn't as much "fun" as CoD or CoD2 but boy do you get the feeling of involvement. I remember playing and completing both Brothers in Arms games and after almost a week of trying to complete one level it still felt kinda fresh and not at all boring. B in A gets my vote.

MOHAA, I still play this game all these years on and never bore of it, never forget the D-Day mission and hard mode when I gt my ass handed to me.