[09x05] February 25th, 2007

That was great, the news had extra spice to it because James and Richard enjoying ribbing Jeremy about Kristin. That's the first time they've ever featured in the SIARPC section too.

I liked the tractors! Hammond's was awesome. The Murcielago vs. Golf GTI was Mclaren F1 vs. Skyline GT-R all over again unfortunately. He almost said the same words in that part.

Actually that's the third time he has said that, back in 1991 Jezza did a review on thw Diablo when that was new and did the same part with the Diablo and a MK2 Golf GTi and said the exact same thing.

Episode was, again, fab.:D

Who the hell is Kristen Scott Thomas or however it's spelt? God knows why Clarkson fancies her, she just looked like a toff to me!

I didn't enjoy that ep as much as the others in this series i must admit. The tractor thing as a screwing about section was a bit boring, but ahh well.

And Top Gear Dog back again but really called 'Gigi'.

Nope, definately TG, I had the subtitles for the people of impaired hearing on.

Loved the episode, though Kristin was really dull in comparison with any other star I can think of. How James and Richard made fun of it all compensated quite well though. :mrgreen:

I also hate myself for having too good a memory. Jeremy recycled his joke about the aircos in Lambo's. He made a similar one (though much better) while reviewing the Spyder.

I notice him reusing a lot of his jokes. Like the Halfords shop-window. I think he used that on some video in 1996 for one of the earlier EVO and Impreza wrx. Never change a winning formula I guess. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the train crash was well... mindblowing I guess. I liked the fact they had some lettering on the side referring to level crossings. The Lambo review wasn't quite as fun as I had thought it would be. The sound though is amazing. :blink:
Loving the lovely, beautiful and immaculately cool Star-in-ar-reasonably-priced-car. 8)

well after reading all of his books, and viewed most of his videos...i know that he recycles jokes alot. if he recycled his garbage as much as he does jokes then the greenies might be happy with him lol. guess thats what happens when a car journo such as him has been around for so long and dabbled in many media types.

still though its great to watch. it takes some genius to be continuosly fresh and new with jokes, but maybe it takes even more genius to pull of the same jokes for a long period of time and still be funny

Last edited:
1:19.8 - Lamborghini LP640 - God that was fast!!!!!!!!!!.

Well done :stig:

Great episode, poor challenge cars and new Astra, lol!
The Lambo looks very nice in that colour. The extras are rather overpriced! Seeing a five-star car get torn in half was amazing. Good thing I bought that Polizei 144 jacket!

Great episode, poor challenge cars and new Astra, lol!
The Lambo looks very nice in that colour. The extras are rather overpriced! Seeing a five-star car get torn in half was amazing. Good thing I bought that Polizei 144 jacket!

im not actually sure that Mk of espace was 5 star. i think that one was only 4 stars. it is the latest espace thats 5 star.

i think thats right, the Laguna was the first 5 star car when it came out, and that model of espace was what was being sold at the time. because we ended up buying an espace, in that same colour, instead of a laguna estate. so i think that one was 4 star.

either way, i dont think any car would survive that, regardless of NCAP rating.

those polizei jackets are cool which one have you got?

One mistake i did notice (and i'm being anal here) is they said the late great Richard Whitely was the slowest round the track, but he wasn't was he? They even contradicted themsleves on the same show by pointing out that Jimmy Carr was 2 seconds slower in the FASTER Chevvy lol

OMG, 207MPH on that track, thats fastest isnt it?

I seriously doubt that speed was real... 13 mph faster than the CCX with 160+bhp missing and an added 700kg? VERY MUCH doubt that...

An enjoyable episode overall, loved the destruction of the Espace even though it is somewhat chilling. All the jibes over Jeremy's fixation over Kristin Scott Thomas were certainly amusing, but the highlight for me was the tractor drag race. Seeing most of Top Gear's creations being towed at once was a rather proud nostalgic moment, although they don't seem to take that much pride in them given the treatment they sustained here :lol: I didn't find quite as much to enjoy in the second half of the challenge however, and felt that it was reminiscent of the recent road works challenge - dull, slightly contrived and deviation from the fact that Top Gear is centered on cars.

I enjoyed tonight's episode.

The tractors were interesting, if you take away the cockery. The Lamborghini was quite something, for the size - it was nobbing quick and I thought that piece was filmed very well, with the use of the bird.

The Espace crash was awe inspiring. The train was 2/3 of the way through the car before the car was moving! Shocking stuff.

What did annoy me was the Kirstin lap - one minute the car was dirty, especially the front wheels. Then the car magically cleaned itself halfway around the lap. Obviously they stage most if not all of the show, but I would have thought that they would take more care in the edit of the quickest lap.

I seriously doubt that speed was real... 13 mph faster than the CCX with 160+bhp missing and an added 700kg? VERY MUCH doubt that...

I knew something like that would come from you. Why whould they fake it? or why would Lamborghini? and then I think CCX couldn't put all that power down but lambo is 4 wheel drive.

Enjoyed the episode very much. Would still like more than 1 car review per ep though.

What did annoy me was the Kirstin lap - one minute the car was dirty, especially the front wheels. Then the car magically cleaned itself halfway around the lap. Obviously they stage most if not all of the show, but I would have thought that they would take more care in the edit of the quickest lap.

They take the best shots from all of the performed laps and assemble them together.

Not quite 700 kg... More like 485 kg (according to supercars.net 1665 vs. 1180 kg)

Still seems weird. The 4wd should also eat some of the power

Was tested by Sport Auto and weighed @ 1805 kg, so more like 600kg. Lambo lies a lot with the weight they specify, its even more with the Gallardo. When EVO weighed some cars for a comparison it was 150 kg.
And Xeon this has nothing to do with my fandom. Fact is, a CCX or Carrera GT is a good second faster to 200km/h, and you seriously don't wanna tell me, that 4wd makes a difference from that speed on?

And anyway, while dreaming, I recently started to see myself more in a Lambo than a CCX anyway. Performance isn't all;-)

//edit: Oh, and after thinking about it, Jezza didn't really show us, what was the faster car, but only the speed he did at the given day. Could very well be he didn't feel that great in the CCX... ;-)

Last edited: