[09x06] March 4th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the Lotus Europa?

it is the last of this season but the guy at the show said they were going to be back in the summer :)

The cocking about really is the best part of the show. When all three of them go and do stupid crap it's just hilarious.

Seriously though, if you want streamlined car reviews, watch Fifth Gear.

The Europa was crap.

Basicly.

Yes but I still want to see them test it. It's pretty much unanimous from everything that I've read that it's a huge disappointment. But I want to see how it does on the track.

I think it handles well, that's my impression, but is it worth it? Don't think so.

May be they are trying to fix it before the boys test it - I think that TG and Lotus are mates, did their track for them after all.

Which is weird and quite silly. :|

I prefer the American format -- one season per year (with a short holiday break), but nice and long. You get to watch your favorite show all in one go pretty much and then watch a different show during the summer / fall.

each ep costs around ?500,000 to make. i dont think they could afford 25 eps a year :lol:

Is it really the last episode? I know they've said in many places that there are only six episodes, but they also described the American Special as just that. So wouldn't it be like the Winter Olympics special and not counted in the count? Just wondering is all

"Meanwhile, a good ol' boy Ford Mustang whoops around the test"

I predict a bash fest

I prefer the American format -- one season per year (with a short holiday break), but nice and long. You get to watch your favorite show all in one go pretty much and then watch a different show during the summer / fall.
That's hardly the "american format" I've come to know. I've been following the US schedule of several of the big TV-shows today and my impression is more like this: 4-5 episodes during the fall, then a big ass break for the christmas holiday + january. Then 2 eps during february before, for no apparent reason, a one or two week break - followed by 6-7 eps before a one month break. Then, when May is just around the corner, they air the final 4-5 eps of the season and go on summer holiday. It's chaos! :?

It's so the yanks can get to the fridge for more cola in between the eps.

(I am very serious, VERY serious)

Hopefully it wont be another bottom-of-the-barrell Mustang that Jezza insists has a V8 in it. :rolleyes:

The limo challenge sounds great, apart from the celebrity part. The only celebrities I want to see are Clarkson, Hamster, and James. 8)

Seeing as how the Brit Awards took place on Feb. 14th or 19th (I forgot) would it be logical to assume there are pictures of the limos? :/

each ep costs around ?500,000 to make. i dont think they could afford 25 eps a year :lol:

500000!!! thats a buttload of money... they can buy the cars the review for that...
presenter costs.. track costs.. fuel costs.. editors and cameramen and basic film costs.. director.. does anyone know where the money is allocated?

I hope the episode has more. We are as people have said before missing a few clips the preview showed, like the Europa and the 159.

The cocking about really is the best part of the show. When all three of them go and do stupid crap it's just hilarious.

Seriously though, if you want streamlined car reviews, watch Fifth Gear.

I hear this too much. It's an absolutely rubbish argument.

Fifth Gear is too numbery. Too focused on technical details. They lack passion, describing and showing how a car makes you feel and why. Were Top Gear just car reviews, like earlier seasons, you might pick up on that. Unfortunately, they're all cocking about and clever editing and I think that's attracting a new and different audience that doesn't know or simply can't appreciate what earlier Top Gears were like.

Once or twice a series you might have a show devoted to a challenge that's more cocking about than review and that was fine. In small doses, spread out between several shows, that sort of fun was made all the more fun because it was a rare treat. Now it's all cocking about. It's like having a chocolate sundae once a week and that's your treat and you look forward to it. Then suddenly you're given all the chocolate sundaes you want all the time. 10 a day. 20 an hour. Suddenly they don't taste so good and you lose your ability to appreciate it.

TG is moving away from what made the show. And that's sad. Like watching a loved relative wither away and die.

I hear this too much. It's an absolutely rubbish argument.

Fifth Gear is too numbery. Too focused on technical details. They lack passion, describing and showing how a car makes you feel and why. Were Top Gear just car reviews, like earlier seasons, you might pick up on that. Unfortunately, they're all cocking about and clever editing and I think that's attracting a new and different audience that doesn't know or simply can't appreciate what earlier Top Gears were like.

Once or twice a series you might have a show devoted to a challenge that's more cocking about than review and that was fine. In small doses, spread out between several shows, that sort of fun was made all the more fun because it was a rare treat. Now it's all cocking about. It's like having a chocolate sundae once a week and that's your treat and you look forward to it. Then suddenly you're given all the chocolate sundaes you want all the time. 10 a day. 20 an hour. Suddenly they don't taste so good and you lose your ability to appreciate it.

TG is moving away from what made the show. And that's sad. Like watching a loved relative wither away and die.

I agree with you 100%. For me, Top Gear was always about the best car reviews in the world and the cocking about was funny once or twice, but this season they lost the plot IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.