Season ending already?

jayson

Car(s)
F80 M3
It is a shame that this season was so short - I am sure it had a lot to do with Richards accident. Anyone know if they are already filming bits for the next season? Maybe they are going to wait until summer to give Richard a bit more time off?

Going to suck having to again wait a long time for new Top Gear. :cry:

I was just thinking that myself. I wish the season was longer, but I can understand Richard needing to take it easy.

6 episodes isn't short. That's somewhat normal for a Top Gear season.

6 eps is the norm for british shows

ORLY?

Season 1 - 10 episodes
Season 2 - 10 episodes
Season 3 - 10 episodes
Season 4 - 10 episodes
Season 5 - 9 episodes
Season 6 - 10 episodes
Season 7 - 7 episodes
Season 8 - 8 episodes
Season 9 - 6 episodes

source: http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

If we add up all the episodes from season 1 to 8 and divide by 8 we get 9.25, which means Top Gear is averaging 9.25 episodes per season.

6 episodes falls quite short of the norm.

S7 was actually 6 eps - the "seventh" was the Winter Olympics one-off.

And I'm sure there was at least one longer-than-10-eps series.

ORLY?

Season 1 - 10 episodes
Season 2 - 10 episodes
Season 3 - 10 episodes
Season 4 - 10 episodes
Season 5 - 9 episodes
Season 6 - 10 episodes
Season 7 - 7 episodes
Season 8 - 8 episodes
Season 9 - 6 episodes

source: http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

If we add up all the episodes from season 1 to 8 and divide by 8 we get 9.25, which means Top Gear is averaging 9.25 episodes per season.

6 episodes falls quite short of the norm.
Thats all very nerdy but its true - six eps is pretty short by TG standards. Thats ok, I'll live HOWEVER, I won't live knowing that there is unseen footage out there that is not being used. For example, James May's review of the Alfa 159...

I wonder if enough pleading would get them to release the footage?

Is anyone here above begging for TG eps?

How about the restoration rip off, I thought it was finished.

Maybe they'll use some of the unseen footage in the "Best Of" ep. That what I hope anyways.

Thats all very nerdy but its true - six eps is pretty short by TG standards. Thats ok, I'll live HOWEVER, I won't live knowing that there is unseen footage out there that is not being used. For example, James May's review of the Alfa 159...

What else about this footage? Is there any possibilities to watch it even if they didn't aired the review officially?

Thanks

Or maybe they'll' take a short break and come back in march or april, with some of that old footage? Hopefully with better and more reviews of cars.. Like the Audi S3 or Volvo C30...

i dont think they'll be back too soon.

richard seriously needs some time off poor man

Last edited:
Well considering they said they were filming the other day, I guess the time off is for filming new segments such as cheap car challenge, road tests etc etc. Plus, I agree with otispunkmeyer, he probably wants/ needs a bit of time off. My worry is that I'm living abroad next year and they will start the new series just after I go :cry:

We may be lucky. They might give us 10-12 next series because of the short series. Richards crash has a lot to do with this and if they did a full series, it would really mess up the timing of future series.