2007 F1 car launches

Oh come on. They are trying something different. I think the car looks awesome. Thats just a bad photo of Rubens and Jense. They had just flown in from Bahrain. That car is gonna be seriously quick, and they already have got some new sponsors into Formula 1, Gatorade for one. Its about time Honda tried something different anyway, considering their entire budget comes from Honda R&D and that Honda is trying to become a green car company.

Good on 'em I say!!

We'll see - let's get a few rounds in and see where everyone stands. Testing times mean jack-shit.

My point exactly, when you notice that Honda's lagging near the bottom third!!

Look at this. It's just stunning!!

http://img138.imageshack.**/img138/7928/hondasideox7.jpg

It looks cool.

The message is pathetic.

If they'd just used that livery with no patronising, ironic bullshit marketing blurb about it, it would have been a really cool original move.

My point exactly, when you notice that Honda's lagging near the bottom third!!

:lol: I walked right into that one.

I guess I'm just used to people getting excited about testing times.

Last edited:
wow i like it!!

That design will not work at all on camera. It's too bitsy and detailed to work well, especially on a car that will be hurtiling around a track at 250km/h.

i dunno... that's why i think it's beautiful because im already imagining how it'll look when going 150+ mph :D

Either way it's still gonna be destroyed by the Ferrari's and Mclaren's, probably the Renaults also.

^ you'll never know :)

2007 Honda F1

2007 Honda F1

If the car proves to be slow I can see the new title:

"Honda Earthmover"

It looks rubbish. Why can't Honda use the all black livery? That was cool. What do tree hugging related with an F1 engine anyway?

Well I like it.

I think it will work on TV too, cos they spend a lot of money getting the colours right for the cameras.

:think:

After some deliberation, I like the idea...as a one race spectacle to garner some media attention for some new enviro-friendly product Honda is introducing, much like what Jaguar did at Monaco with Hollywood Movie liveries. But this is not the case, instead it is to "...develop Honda?s existing environmental ethos." To achieve this "the Honda Racing F1 Team will work closely with global environmental charities to develop Honda?s existing environmental ethos within the world?s most high profile motor-sport." So in essence buying its way into the hearts and minds of environmental groups in order to look pro-earth.

I am sure Honda has had an environmental ethos for a long time, but there is no doubt at the moment Toyota has the image of the car company that is 'trying to make a difference.' This whole campaign of Honda's IMHO is to chip away at Toyota's "greenness" image, and though i am in the camp that thinks Toyota's "greenness" image is all hype, there is no doubt they have fooled the masses. Honda is trying to playing catch up, and they are using the most popular motor sport in the world to advertise their "environmental ethos." Some one already mentioned the irony.

Not to mention they are basically grand standing in front of the FIA whom months ago release an agenda to turn F1 teams into the leading developers of green technologies. link

Basically as a livery that will be on the car for the entire season, I think it's a bit cheesy and corny, especially since they are not promoting anything new. Considering they have full reign on the team IMHO they could have done better.

And as the current testing has shown this will most likely be the most press the Honda team gets all year, I see them fading into midfield oblivion by the start of the European season.

Plus I think the design will look like shit at speed. Actually at speed it could turn into some sort of Warshack test. Before reading the caption, at first glance I thought it was apart of some ad campaign for some Discovery Channel Crocodile Week, or the like.

Last edited:
They wouldnt have done that livery if it didnt look a) good on tv and b) good at speed. And you have to remember, Honda gets their entire budget from R&D in Japan. BAT was paying the drivers salaries with their sponsorship. Now that it is all from R&D, they can promote whatever they want.

I'm going to sit on the fence for this one, the points made by both sides of the fence are valid.

But I guess if it gets people to donate to benefit environmental organisations, it can't hurt, can it?