IF you HAD to sack one of the presenters....

I think it's great how few people said James. He's always been dismissed as "the other bloke" and is usually the quietest of the three - that is until he takes the piss out of Clarkson for something.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me - I remember a poll some time ago asking for the favourite presneter and if I remember correctly, James came out as the most popular. Although he wasn't in the initial line up (Series 1), he'd be the one I'd sack least, but it was impossible to make a choice between Jeremy and Richard.

y'all are acting like a bunch of... sissies. you seriously don't think someone as bland as hammond couldn't be replaced with someone else? the guy is forgettable. both jeremy and james have distinctive personalities, but richard is just neutral. he could be replaced next season, and i guarantee the show wouldn't skip a beat.

several of you would of course whine about it, but the show wouldn't get worse. heck, it might get better!

Agree with what you say

Nah, I'd leave my job and join a nunnery instead

he could be replaced next season, and i guarantee the show wouldn't skip a beat.

I sincerely doubt that. It would lose a whole lot of it's charm and character without Hammond. As someone who isn't really into cars all that much, his obvious enthusiasm and passion is a major part of the show for me and has gotten me more interested in cars than I thought I'd ever be. I guess you could call it his 'infectious enthusiasm'.

I don't like this thread. It's like debating which of your children you would give up for adoption. :cry: :p

Last edited:
Agree, PLEASE LOCK this thread..

The Stig is a presenter in the credits so yeah him, dont really have such a relationship with him. besides theres plenty more where he came from :D

you cant fire (im gonna say fire cause sack sounds dirty and wrong to me) any of em cause if you did i'd have to stab you in the face.

I like all the presenters. I think the chemistry of the 3 of them together is what makes the show work so well.

Agreed, while each one has boring moments (even Jeremy) when they act as a group it is hilarious...:lol:

The dog of course

I suppose we're talking about Top Gear. I'd sack Hammond, he's the weak point of Top Gear, even though he's a great presenter. In my mind, that says more about the other two than Hammond.

y'all are acting like a bunch of... sissies. you seriously don't think someone as bland as hammond couldn't be replaced with someone else? the guy is forgettable. both jeremy and james have distinctive personalities, but richard is just neutral. he could be replaced next season, and i guarantee the show wouldn't skip a beat.

several of you would of course whine about it, but the show wouldn't get worse. heck, it might get better!

I like the tripod analogy.

The segments I really get bored with are ones where it's only two of the three, regardless of the mix. May/Clarkson, May/ Hammond, Clarkson/Hammond it doesn't matter, without the third something is missing.

Fire Hammond you fire them all effectively, I have a sneaking suspicion ratings would drop and BBC2 would cancel the show.

And I agree, imagining Hammond not coming back was losing the heart of the show.........and I am so happy he returned.

EDIT

I agree that the thread is really, really meanspirited. Ick.

Last edited:
Get rid of the dog...Yea its cute and all...But the only thing it presents is it's stomach contents when you get it in a car. haha...good times:barf:

Nah, I'd leave my job and join a nunnery instead
I was thinking along the same lines. Except I'd kill myself if I had to fire one of them. I couldn't live with Top Gear not being what it is with all three of them.

If this thread counted as a poll, and assuming we could only vote for the three, I think I'm right in saying Hammond would win it.

i just couldnt sack any of them, Sunday nights would never be the same without those 3 LOL