The "Inconvient Truth" about Al Gore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but remember, this troll has 3 posts and only in this thread, so he/she is most likely an al gore nuthugger who just signed up to get thier two bits in.

Breaking the rules may make you feel superior, but all I have done is posted FACTS, of which you naturally can do nothing to refute. The best you can muster is this primitive grunt that declares your loss more than anything I dare say on the subject - although, Keith Olbermann, a real reporter of national stature who actually bothered to contact NES to verify to claims made in the smear relase, does a damn fine job of eviserating your ad hominem attack as well.

Last edited:
Olbermann is a hack, and just another component of the liberal intelligentsia.

Anyway, the FACT is Al Gore is still using a very large amount of electricity. So shouldn't he cut down himself before telling people to fiddle with their own thermostat?

And 20 bedrooms? Just another example of how decadent these politicians are. Maybe if he housed some homeless people there things would be better

Last edited:
You may reject global warming but the idea of dismissing any responsibility for the well being of nature we as humans have makes me sick. I have no fancy study to pull out, but emitting those amounts of gasses and creating vast amounts of toxins can't be healthy and we will pay the price for it.

Seriously, reading those "Screw nature, I do whatever I want, what now bitch?" post make me cringe.

You may be interpreting it differently than I have intended. See, because of technology and industry, we as human beings live far better, longer, wealthier and happier in the past 200 years than from the previous XX,XXX years proceeding the rise of industry. Would you believe that I am, in a sense, a conservationist? Would you also believe, after reading that, I am strongly against environmentalism?

In my viewpoint, environmentalism is a political movement, rather than a logical one. The enviromentals want to have industry shut down, all infrastructure destroyed, and have our planet returned to how it was 1,000,000 years ago. They are terribly racked with guilt, and vocally express as much. And their champion to have these deeds done? Their government.

Take a look at the Kyoto treaty...which gigantic, industrial nation has been left out? China, of course. And they spew as much toxic whatever into the atmosphere as we do, probably even more. But, they are considered an "emerging nation", and as such, are exempt from laws that are slowly taking your freedoms, and mine! So again we have a raging contradiction of terms.

I would like to pose a question to username Drift_Session. You seem to convey that you agree with Albert Gores viewpoints. Ok, now I would like you to consider a situation:

May I be so bold as to say that you enjoy drifting? You know, that is ALOT of carbon emissions from those smoking tires and wailing engines. What would you say if (and again, I am assuming that you are a United States resident) that our government passed a law saying it now illegal to have motorsport competitions because of the emissions that are generated. What if our government started to expand so much, that they pass a law stating rear wheel drive vehicles are hearby illegal because they can sustain long burnouts? Let us get really ridiculous: what if government became so large and unchecked, that they hearby pass a law saying that the only vehicle that can be produced is front wheel drive and under 100 horsepower?

What...you DONT think that can happen? Want to buy the Brooklyn Bridge real cheap? Big Governments exist because they fear the population, because the ones who believe in big government have no faith in the power of the individual. Time and again, this has been proved wrong.

But hey, the government is doing what they think is best for the populace, right? Does that remind you of some other governments from the past 20th century? Like ....oh, I dunno, Russia? Nazi Germany? China?

Last edited:
What would you say if (and again, I am assuming that you are a United States resident) that our government passed a law saying it now illegal to have motorsport competitions because of the emissions that are generated. What if our government started to expand so much, that they pass a law stating rear wheel drive vehicles are hearby illegal because they can sustain long burnouts? Let us get really ridiculous: what if government became so large and unchecked, that they hearby pass a law saying that the only vehicle that can be produced is front wheel drive and under 100 horsepower?

Give me a break! Next you'll try to tell me that the government will try and ban lightbulbs....wait a second....

Olbermann is a hack, and just another component of the liberal intelligentsia.

Further attacks do not negate the FACT that NES sells Al Gore green power for which he pays more.

Anyway, the FACT is Al Gore is still using a very large amount of electricity. So shouldn't he cut down himself before telling people to fiddle with their own thermostat?

The depths you people plunge to when you cannot face being proven wrong at every single turn. There is no crime in using solar/wind power as they are "free", non-polluting, and renewable. Al talks about cutting down on hydrocarbon based power - a huge difference that you can avoid but never negate.

And 20 bedrooms? Just another example of how decadent these politicians are. Maybe if he housed some homeless people there things would be better

You are not important. Al Gore is. He requires a great deal of space just like every other former president/vice due to security & business interests as his home also serves as his office. He saves power and can be more environmentally friendly by working at home.

You people can lie, obfuscate, cut-n-run, bob-n-weave all you like, but you cannot change the FACT that Al Gore voluntarily pays more for green energy that in no way harms the environment. You are free to be wrong and openly ignorant in your fear of the facts, but the facts I posted remain intact.

You lose.

Last edited:
Give me a break! Next you'll try to tell me that the government will try and ban lightbulbs....wait a second....

I am still baffled that you and I are more or less agreeing a political subject... :blink:

Further attacks do not negate the FACT that NES sells Al Gore green power for which he pays more.

The depths you people plunge to when you cannot face being proven wrong at every single turn. There is no crime in using solar/wind power as they are "free", non-polluting, and renewable. Al talks about cutting down on hydrocarbon based power - a huge difference that you can avoid but never negate.

You are not important. Al Gore is. He requires a great deal of space just like every other former president/vice due to security & business interests as his home also serves as his office. He saves power and can be more environmentally friendly by working at home.

You people can lie, obfuscate, cut-n-run, bob-n-weave all you like, but you cannot change the FACT that Al Gore voluntarily pays more for green energy that in no way harms the environment. You are free to be wrong and openly ignorant in your fear of the facts, but the facts I posted remain intact.

You lose.

I think you are confusing political (and scientific) discourse with some sort of smear campaign.

My understanding from the original article, and some of the other links posted, was that Al Gore does consume whatever amounts of electricity and gas, and in response to the carbon emissions he is resonsible for...he tries and "offsets" them. Am I wrong in this interpretation?

Yeah, I guess he is considered an "important person." Hopefully he doesn't move around with a bunch of SUVs and jets as other "important persons" do. He doesn't, does he?

I am still baffled that you and I are more or less agreeing a political subject... :blink:

If we were to list all politcal, social, and economic issues...I'm sure there would be a lot we agree on. Most threads here just seem to focus on the issues that we likely will never agree on.....;)

I think you are confusing political (and scientific) discourse with some sort of smear campaign.

Not even slightly. The OP was gleeful as though he had caught Al Gore being a hyprocrite. It is a known FACT that the organization that released the smear is totally partisan Republican. WKRN News and NES totally debunked this smear. What has happened is Al Gore haters latched onto this discredited story and are too arrogant to let go.

There is no longer any scientic discourse left. Global Warming is an accepted fact the world over. Even George Bush has belatedly admitted such.

My understanding from the original article, and some of the other links posted, was that Al Gore does consume whatever amounts of electricity and gas, and in response to the carbon emissions he is resonsible for...he tries and "offsets" them. Am I wrong in this interpretation?

The original article is nothing but total bovine feces put out by a Republican smear operative. WKRN and NES can give you the facts.

Yeah, I guess he is considered an "important person." Hopefully he doesn't move around with a bunch of SUVs and jets as other "important persons" do. He doesn't, does he?

So many people get so snide and self-righteous when they say what you just said. It is amazing how one can be so unthinking. Gore is a former VP with lots of exposure and so is is without question a target for terrorists and right-wing lunatics. I expect every true VIP, in the truest sense on this term, to be shuttled around in safety.

As for the planes, it once again returns to safety issues. I would NEVER want to fly on a plane with someone so high profile and neither does he. Taking private aircraft is a security issue for him and the general public. Further, he takes jets becauase that is the reality of what must be done. It's not like he is taking jets instead of equally fast and more enviornmentally friendly transportation.

The bottom line is that Republicans jumped all over this story and now have egg all over their face! Somewhere Dan Rather is smiling.....

There is no longer any scientic discourse left. Global Warming is an accepted fact the world over. Even George Bush has belatedly admitted such.

I don't think people are doubting whether or not the earth is warming. This was already explained earlier in the thread.

The original article is nothing but total bovine feces put out by a Republican smear operative. WKRN and NES can give you the facts.

I simply asked if what I understood from the article was right or wrong. Is he not using the power as claimed or is he offsetting what he is using.

So many people get so snide and self-righteous when they say what you just said. It is amazing how one can be so unthinking. Gore is a former VP with lots of exposure and so is is without question a target for terrorists and right-wing lunatics. I expect every true VIP, in the truest sense on this term, to be shuttled around in safety.

As for the planes, it once again returns to safety issues. I would NEVER want to fly on a plane with someone so high profile and neither does he. Taking private aircraft is a security issue for him and the general public. Further, he takes jets becauase that is the reality of what must be done. It's not like he is taking jets instead of equally fast and more enviornmentally friendly transportation.

So what you are saying is that Gore's life is so valuable, it's okay to destroy the earth in order to protect him.

I simply asked if what I understood from the article was right or wrong. Is he not using the power as claimed or is he offsetting what he is using.

The smear is without merit. This link gives an overview of the Green Switch Program.
http://www.nespower.com/green_power_switch.aspx

So what you are saying is that Gore's life is so valuable, it's okay to destroy the earth in order to protect him.

You know that is not what I'm saying at all. I am saying it is damned important that he not be killed as doing so would be such a PR bonanza for terrorists. I'll say the same thing about Cheney in Afghanistan. The political cost is just too high.

He, like every other mortal human being MUST fly aircraft to arrive at certain places by certain times. Criticising him for doing what must be done is grasping.

Hmmm...the question I posed to Drift Session is being ignored!

:think:

You may reject globas warming but the ideo of dismissing any respoinsibilyty for the well being of nature we as humans have makes me sick. I have no fancy study to pull out, but emitting those ammounts of gasses and creating vast ammounts of toxins can't be healthy and we will pay the price for it.

Seriously, reading those "Screw nature, I do whatever I want, what now bitch?" post make me cringe.

I didn't see any post like that, I just don't think people need to be constantly guilt tripped and bend over backwards just because a few celebs decided to suddenly give a shit. Normal people shouldn't be made to go out of thier way or change thier lives because a group of rich people want to help thier conscience.

The way I look at it is like this, there is all this whining and moan and bitching about the environment, and yet the same exact people who upbraid you for driving a sportscar or SUV, leaving the lights on during the day etc. will wear clothes made by children in foreign sweatshops and could give a fuck about poverty, starvation, poor working conditions, abuse, neglect, and all the other ailments of humanity.

humans > environment.

+1

Last edited:
What does Al Gore drive?

I'll concede that his house is run "green," (the one of 3 at least, don't know about the others) but he still emits a lot of carbon which is why he apparently does the "offsetting" (which his spokeswoman said). Still, he needs to find a better way to travel. Charter a bus or something.

I don't even know why i'm debating this, because I'm truly not that interested. Probably because i'm sitting on the net at work and bored out of my mind.

I would like to pose a question to username Drift_Session. You seem to convey that you agree with Albert Gores viewpoints.

Some yes. All no. I've met him a few times and I did not come away overly impressed. I despise lazy and stupid reporting more than I support any politician.

You know, that is ALOT of carbon emissions from those smoking tires and wailing engines. What would you say if (and again, I am assuming that you are a United States resident) that our government passed a law saying it now illegal to have motorsport competitions because of the emissions that are generated.

I would call that question the red herring that it most certainly is. What you propose is a fantasy that has no chance of realization so discussing it is moot.

What if our government started to expand so much, that they pass a law stating rear wheel drive vehicles are hearby illegal because they can sustain long burnouts? Let us get really ridiculous:

Far be from me to stand in your way....

what if government became so large and unchecked, that they hearby pass a law saying that the only vehicle that can be produced is front wheel drive and under 100 horsepower?

Again, a moot point as what you are suggesting is pure green-baiting - as opposed the old race-baiting tactics of the South.

Big Governments exist because they fear the population, because the ones who believe in big government have no faith in the power of the individual.

Big Government exists precisely because it does NOT fear the people. It knows the cattle can be manipulated too and fro without rhyme not reason. You fear Al Gore being elected president again and that much is most obvious.

But hey, the government is doing what they think is best for the populace, right? Does that remind you of some other governments from the past 20th century? Like ....oh, I dunno, Russia? Nazi Germany? China?

Your extremism is most amusing....totally baseless....in the style of supremicist Southern preachers. I'm not equating content merely the style in presentation is the same. Stupid from the word go.....

Breaking the rules may make you feel superior, but all I have done is posted FACTS, of which you naturally can do nothing to refute.
you're not doing anything to refute my claim that you've signed up just to defend al gore, and thus, would constitute a troll. That would be a fact as well.

also, I'm not arguing the fact that al gore may use green power, you just see the whole, "i'm rich so I can do whatever because I pay more" thing as just and fair, whereas I see it as bullshit. Also there is no clear evidence you can post that says global warming is caused by humans instead of nature, there just isn't. consensus isn't science buddy, it's politics.

you're not doing anything to refute my claim that you've signed up just to defend al gore, and thus, would constitute a troll. That would be a fact as well.

Stop. Just stop.

Oscars: Feb. 25th, 2007

Ad hominem attacks. Ignoring the facts that RIP YOU A NEW ONE. Just stop. I have easily defeated you, so save the tiny sliver of self-dignity that you have left and just crawl away.

Status
Not open for further replies.