[09x05] February 25th, 2007

I think The topGear Crew are loosing there focus, i mean they have to remember that this is a Car show "CAR" so where are the cars ? this is like the fifth Episode and there gave only been like 2 new cars!!!! the rest is just making rockets and driving tractors and stuff!!! Where is the real information? i mean i admit it was fun! but I wish they could focus more on the cars and testing them to the limit, not doing annoying stupid stuff

I have joined here recently and this is the elevently billionth time i am reading a rant on the same topic. If you dont like that then why the hell do you download and watch it? TG is an entertainment show. It has ceased to be a cars only show. Hope this helps you to understand.

I have joined here recently and this is the elevently billionth time i am reading a rant on the same topic. If you dont like that then why the hell do you download and watch it? TG is an entertainment show. It has ceased to be a cars only show. Hope this helps you to understand.
You weren't quoting me but since I've had a similar rant in the past I feel I can answer this:
I don't know it's a bad episode until after I download and watch it. Even tho there's been a run of bad episodes (this whole season has been pretty bad and half of season 8 was bad) I'm still hoping that it will come good again. Why? I'm a fan! I like cars! I loved the first 7 seasons so i'm not just going to stop watching because of a handful of bad episodes.

It's like The Simpsons; I watched that show for years after it went bad but I only stopped watching when I knew for certain that it was dead.

Well if you are a regular visitor here then you will know whether its a good episode or not over here before you download it. The point i was trying to make is that TG has ceased to be a cars only program. So it is given that people like yourself are going to be dissapointed since they are not covering as much cars as people would want them to. I also want more cars but thats the way it is going to be now. There will be fewer reviews per episode going forwards.

A couple of points: as the last poster said topgear is not just a cars program - it is more about family entertainment now, which allows them to reach the biggest demographic. My mum and girlfreind watch with me and they wouldnt if it was all about cars. This is great as any crappy american tv network could make a car program with lots of facts and figures, topgear has alot more creativity.

Number two: this site is for discussion of topgear, so if its poor i think you can express your views, plus i dont choose to download it i watch it live. The members of this site whom topgear is made for are UK based so we pay and watch it on the BBC. If your networks pay for the series a year later or two later - or recut it with US presenters then fine say as you will.

Really you should *all* be contributing funds if you love TopGear so much, perhaps 5% of the annual license fee (x10 for all the past series). Then moan all you like and you could say its your topgear as much as anyones.

It was very like a TVR colour. I prefer the LP640 in green.
lambo2-copy.jpg

No no no, purple, like in 01x01!

hey guys,

I'm just chiming in to say that the whole reason Top Gear is so great is because of the challenges, the "cocking about," etc. Final Gear is all cars, and basically is as boring as reading the manual most of the time. As well, a five minute stroll through the North American Speed Channel's offering of what a car show is is enough to make me go and be geek about star trek or something else instead of cars, because I don't want to be associated with those people. It's like what Jeremy keeps saying about not ever wanting to meet the engineers who take a few ounces of a rear veiw mirror to keep a car light.

Top Gear just keeps getting better. The american road movie was in the top five best ever, and the tractor war was WAY better than i thought it was going to be. Challenges and road trips? bring it on! World's Fastest Faith? Ummm.... I guess they were just getting warmed up.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed that episode,the tractor bit I found so funny(but then being a farm girl I love tractors)all though it did seem kind of pointless as they never actually finished making the petrol,hopefully we will see that next season.
The news section was so funny!That has to be my fave news section :D

Well if you are a regular visitor here then you will know whether its a good episode or not over here before you download it.
I don't like to read the comments before I watch because it ruins a lot of the surprises. Plus, I can't decide whether or not I'll enjoy it just from reading other people's comments. Especially since a lot of people on here don't go beyond "i liked it it was funny i like the lambo! can't wait till next week - top gear rox!!!". You're advocating the comments page to find out if it's a bad episode while at the same time denouncing the comments that suggest it was a bad episode. :?
The point i was trying to make is that TG has ceased to be a cars only program.
The point I was trying to make is that I hope they realise the error in their ways. I hope that if it changed once it can change again.

I'm not going to stop watching it until I'm sure that it's never going back to being 'good' instead of this dim-witted, ham-fisted horseshit spectacle. Next season will be a good indicator - if it starts with an explosion or another blooper reel masquerading as a 'segment' then I will have to consider downloading the next episode.

Until then i'll calls 'em as I see's 'em.

I can see why JC fancies KST, she would've been hot 10-15 years ago. Sorta reminds me of someone I used to know, but that has no place here...

the news section cracked me up.

Hammond chasing the sheep (yeay TG dog!), with (I think?) May's comment:

'one dog and his man'.

Loved that one.

Sorry to ask yet another "what did he say" question, but what exactly was JCs comment on the R36? "Would you like some more fruit cake ???, it's got cocaine in it!" Couldn't understand it with my poor English.

Sorry to ask yet another "what did he say" question, but what exactly was JCs comment on the R36? "Would you like some more fruit cake ???, it's got cocaine in it!" Couldn't understand it with my poor English.

Vicker, the local priest. If you're having the Vicker over for tea, you don't ask him if he wants a shot of tequilla, you don't dress in a pink leather suit, and you don't offer him cocaine. Unless you know him to like cocaine.

I think he was saying that if you're boring enough to want a Passat you wouldn't want it in an exciting variant - And if you wanted an exciting car the Passat would be the last thing you would consider.

If you're boring enough to enjoy fruit cake the promise of cocaine wouldn't entice you further.