[09x06] March 4th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the roush costs 36 000 pounds is very good value and i think will be faster than a porshe cayman in the track!!! But if is is as good as Clarkson say it is it can bbe considered a Sports Car

I was referring to the GT500, not the Roush. :)

The GT500 is as much a sports car as James May. As a muscle car, it's good, though.

^ yes, you understand! muscle cars aren't intended to be sports cars, so they're going to be fundamentally awful on a race track.

yes he loves the roush but it was beaten by a plastic car AKA Lotus Exige S
that's the kind of shit that annoys the fuck out of me.

they are two completely different kinds of cars!!! all the comparisons jeremy did in tgtbtu dvd was like this. a fucking truck, not even a lighting or srt-10 mind you, versus a goddman ariel atom?!?! how is that remotely an interesting comparison? what's the point of it other than to be an idiot?

Yeah.. there's the picture on the last page.. :p

Jeremy gets very excited about the replacement for the Vauxhall Monaro

:D :D :D :D :D!!1!!

...(wheel to wheel connecting the a-arms, like an F1 car).
I don't want to turn this into a leaf spring debate, but F1 cars does not have leaf springs, or in fact any direct wheel to wheel connection. They have tiny inboards mounted coil springs. The suspension travel they get from those is too little still, so they use the tires for suspension as well, hence why F1 cars don't have low profile tires. Here is a picture of the rear suspension of a Renault R25; Note the tiny black coil spring just behind the aribox.

188336222_7692e05b3b.jpg

Also, neither the Corvette C5R nor the C6R has leaf springs. See Cutaway image of C5R (Note the blue coil spring at the back), also a Cutaway poster of the C6R, look closely at the shocks...

Now, I wonder if this will make it onto the powerboard, even though they aren't showing it:
main.jpg

If anything can bump the Kornissegiiiihsshmnsbsnb(Bang!) then it'll be the CSR. Please note, that's the CSR Superlight, so it's the 2.3l Cossie engine, in a car with all the junk removed. It'll be bloody quick, if it ever makes it onto the board.

main.jpg

A pair of finely-fettled Mustangs - by Shelby and Roush - get the spit and polish treatment before being wheeled into the studio. Will they impress JC and, more importantly, the Stig?

Oh yes. They're having it in blue. My favorite color for the car. :)

Cars they've tested from ep 01-05 in this series

Jaguar XKR
Audi TT
Alfa Romeo Brera
Mazda RX-8
Porsche 911 Turbo
MB SL65 Brabus
Lambo LP604

Total amount of cars in the last season:

Nissan Micra Conv.
Honda Civic
Koeningsegg CCX
Corvette Z06
Jaguar XK
Lotus Exige S
Porsche Boxster S
BMW Z4M
MB S-class
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
Prodrive P2
Citroen C6
Ford Mondeo ST220
Mazda 6 MPS
Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Ford S-Max
Vauxhall Zafira
MB B-class
Lambo Gallardo Spyder
Peugeot 207
Noble
Vans..

Thats a big difference. IMO, less cocking about, more car reviews.
Making episodes with more reviews makes the cocking about more fun too.

Make the episodes thirty minutes longer, give us cocking about, and more car reviews.

Who in favor?

ME!

Oh and havn't there only been 6 eps in the series ahpadt? Not the usual 10 or however many there are. Exactly.

Last edited:
There has been series with only 6 eps before.

ME!

Oh and havn't there only been 6 eps in the series ahpadt? Not the usual 10 or however many there are. Exactly.

Well, I compared it with s8, so its not that big difference. But as episode 5 stands, it was about 3x more reviews in s8 then s9...

I think Top Gear needs to take some advice from American TV, where seasons are around 20 episodes long, no more of this six-episodes-then-a-three-week-break business

SO PUT A DAMNED SPOILER THINGY ON IT!

BIG FLASHY ONE!

:p

...is that a stretched MG TF? I sure hope not...

I think Top Gear needs to take some advice from American TV, where seasons are around 20 episodes long, no more of this six-episodes-then-a-three-week-break business

I really would be concerned if they did this. I think it would be too much of a good thing.

Hy

Can TG be watched live on internet TV, is there any site like that ?

TNX

Status
Not open for further replies.