Geneva Pre-Show: Koenigsegg Competition Coupe GT Revealed

kekekeke

http://jalopnik.com/cars/news/geneva-preshow-koenigsegg-competition-coupe

2003436242944754259_rs.jpg

DOWN TUNED TO 600+ HP in order to comply with race regulations.

The CCGT engine is based on the Koenigsegg CCX production engine with the superchargers removed but enlarged to 5.0 litre.

The minimum weight allowed for a GTI race car is 1,100 kg and most manufacturers struggle to meet this target, having to undergo massive weight saving programs.

Due to the fact the Koenigsegg CC cars are very light and stiff in road configuration, the racing CCGT weighs in at just under an astounding 1,000 kg. This gives the possibility to place 100 kg of ballast freely within the car structure, still following the set rules. This should give Koenigsegg an interesting advantage over the competition.

Also some tidbits

By following conscientious and forward thinking strategies, Koenigsegg has managed to create the Bio Fuel Powered CCXR - environmentally friendly 1200 with even more spectacular performance than the standard CCX.

These two almost conflicting results are made possible due to the simple fact that the ethanol in biofuel has the positive side effect of cooling the combustion chambers, as well as a higher octane value, well over 100 RON, which gives the high power. Due to the fact that the biofuel has higher octane and cooling characteristics, the power has gone up to 1018 hp at 7200 rpm and the torque to 1060 nm at 6100 rpm.

It will be interesting seeing how this fares in competition. Having that movable ballast should be useful.

Now I want to see a drag race between a Veyron and this biofuel CCXR. That would be exciting.

The minimum weight allowed for a GTI race car is 1,100 kg and most manufacturers struggle to meet this target, having to undergo massive weight saving programs.

is it just me, or is there sth wrong with that sentence? how can you struggle to undergo weight saving, but have trouble to stay above the minimum :bangin:

and they are allowed to run on biofuel? so what stops them from using pure alcohol? they would even have higher power

and they are allowed to run on biofuel? so what stops them from using pure alcohol? they would even have higher power

I don't know if they are allowed but, hasn't Audi been using diesel? So they must be free to choose the fuel.
Putting more alcohol isn't the way to go... You'll probably cause too much pressure on the cilynders and blow them up.
Ethanol makes miracles... Because of that, it has been continuously used by street racers an proper racers here in Brazil since the 70's. There are some interesting results such as a very famous yellow 993 that uses ethanol and is just devil itself in drag races.

FIA GT1:

"The right is reserved, by the Sporting Authority of the
relevant Championship, to adjust the weight of any car to
maximise equality of performance."

I remember that Maserati was forced to use more heavier car than others. Koenigsegg is wasting time with this FIA crap serie.

About time to get a new avatar, I reckon ;-)

2003436242944754259_rs.jpg

can anyone make that background completely black? will look good floating in the center of my desktop

is it just me, or is there sth wrong with that sentence? how can you struggle to undergo weight saving, but have trouble to stay above the minimum

The wording's not the best - think of the minimum weight as being a target - since that's the lightest the car is allowed to be, the manufacturers want to make their cars that weight, and some will struggle to get their cars down to that weight.

can anyone make that background completely black? will look good floating in the center of my desktop

http://img153.imageshack.**/img153/7679/ccxrwi1.jpg

Cool, the founder is also a test driver. I think that helped the performance, since he's completely bald. :p

And i'm with Capacious Boot. I want to see a dragrace :eek: