What kind of a job do you have?

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
(i did a search and nothing came up, so if there's a thread already dealing with this topic, i humbly appologize)

I was just wondering what kind, if any (i know we have a lot of younger members here as well), of a job do you people have?

I myself design websites on the side (used to have a little portfolio website, but took it down), but my full time occupation (which has sadly taken time away from design :cry:) is working for my dad. I sit behind my computer even up to 14 hours a day (believe me, you do NOT want to work for a parent at home) working with ?4000 worth of 3D modelling software called Pro/ENGINEER to make these. Dad's in charge of everything else, i just model em and make workshop blueprints. Started this job about 14 months ago (back then still only in Autocad) and is my first proper job after failing uni... twice! :lol: (I'm going back soon, no worries :lol:)

Before this i had a part time job as a cybercafe admin (lots of yummy sexy tourists came my way! 8)) for about half a year, but that paid shit. That's my employment record, what about yours?

Fast food for a few months and now I work for the state of California at the Regional Water Quality Control Board and go to college.

Was doing a PhD at uni and working part time. Now a senior engineer at a consulting company.

Owner/GM of a fast food restaurant. Also a Realtor, but don't really practice. I did get a Bachelors Degree and studied computer programming and some database crap, but I really didn't want to look for a job in that field. Been thinking of going back to school and study law, but I probably won't....

Consultant/Contractor for Software and Electrical Engineering. My last gig was at Lockheed Martin for 9 months, and before that for a Real Estate company getting there IT Networks off the ground. I am near the end of my term at University, so right now i am just taking it easy.

Design Editor for the Daily Orange.

Well, I quit a week ago because the pay was crap and the hours were worse, but it would have been a decent gig otherwise.

Currently working at the local newspaper production facility attempting to gather money before starting school later this month. I take stacks of paper out of a machine, fluff them so they don't stick, then put them on a cart. No messing with stupid customers or deep fryers. I love it.

I'm an information analyst, and I'm currently programming batch applications on a mainframe (Z/OS) environment.
Previously I've had a student job demonstrating new HP devices, and I have also worked in the warehouse of a chemical plant (it was an administrative job, but that didn't stop me from learning to drive with 2 types of forklift trucks).

I'm a teacher at an university here in Portugal.

I'm a gigolo.

I actually work at an outdoor retail company called Kathmandu

Take a look at my forum title :)

I work at a school as 1st and 2nd line tech suppport and i do some sysadmin work as well. I hope to move on to the repackaging project in a few weeks/ months for a change of pace.

This whole world is a repost.

Working in retail at an AFL Shop (even though I'm totally uninterested in football) while I complete my uni degree. Studying Sport Management, so maybe something along those lines later.