[ 9x06 ] Ratings

Probably the best way to get an idea of how much people liked the episodes is to look at the ratings for the repeat showings.

Spot on - ok here are the repeat figures

9x01 - 1.8 million
9x02 - 1.8 million
9x03 - 2.6 million
9x04 - 2.1 million
9x05 - not available

So from those I'd say the low figures for the first showing of episode three are a response to episode two as the repeat figures are very high.

That's amazing that local programming can be so popular over the American stuff. Here in Canada our domestic shows are at best 1/10 as popular as the American shows.

The show that gets most viewers, are three people, with two guests, talking about this week's news.

It's bloody funtastic, so I can understand it, but still.

God I hate LOST. Where did that come from?

God I hate LOST. Where did that come from?

Huh? What's Lost got to do with the price of a packet of crisps (or what's Lost got to do with the ratings for Top Gear)?

Do you want to know what ratings it got or just what the hell it is and why do people like it?

I can answer the first but not the second as I got bored after three episodes.

Upyourego, what "Al" in the last colomn means? Usually figures are 82-84 or so?

It's the Audience Appreciate Index - one of the MOST importance figures for the BBC - it's basically a rating out of 100 that a large panel of viewers give an episode.

A good AI rating would be in the 60s, a very good AI in the 70s and an Oh My God AI would be anything above 82.

This series Top Gear has got higher AI rating than pretty much anything else on the BBC.

Are the ratings for earlier weeks on the chart overnights or final BARB figures, BTW?

Looking on BARB I find it incredible that Top Gear is the 2nd most watched program on the BBC, albeit Eastenders beat it 4 times last week. It shows that it is far more than just a bog standard motoring show. It nearly doubles the second biggest show on BBC2.

Yeah it's become a MASSIVE show which is why I think the current format is here to stay (I know I know I keep saying it over and over again).

It has become a national institution, one of the most watched shows in the country enjoyed be an unusually even mix of people - almost 50/50 m/f split and a good age range spread.

Doctor Who is one of the only other non-soap shows that gets similar ratings for the BBC (but then apparently Top Gear has a similar budget)

The show that gets most viewers, are three people, with two guests, talking about this week's news.

It's bloody funtastic, so I can understand it, but still.

*scrathes head* Two guests? :think:

very interesting, thanks alot for posting these upyourego.

Wow, the ratings has really rocketed this season. I knew they were getting better ratings than ever, but that is pretty impressive.