What kind of a job do you have?

I'm a marketing consultant at a financial tabloid. I do marketing campaigns.

haz

College full time and work in Sainsburys (supermarket) part time. Studying Law at University next year.

IT manager for an out of hours GP service, it's a good job, but the 24/7 side of things makes it hard work. I'm trying to find the time to setup my own business at the moment.

Last edited:
Study, but have about 10 h/week at the local Shell.
The job isen't that good or well paid, but i'm to lazy to find something else for now.
The occasional nice cars that comes by lightens it up abit

Uni right now taking geophysics work at a wharehouse in my spare time, pretty good job, pay is quite good and they guys there are quite nice.

I'm a pharmacy technician in training.

I can't believe they make people go to a trade school in order to become a retail pharmacy technician. All you f*cking do is count pills and put them in a bottle (and get paid twice as much as me). A few years ago you only needed to work a certain number of hours in order to apply for a license to become state-certified. Not anymore.

:mad:

I can't believe they make people go to a trade school in order to become a retail pharmacy technician. All you f*cking do is count pills and put them in a bottle (and get paid twice as much as me). A few years ago you only needed to work a certain number of hours in order to apply for a license to become state-certified. Not anymore.

I'm not going to any school. Just working at a pharmacy. So, I'm not actually sure if I will be state certified or not.

Owner/GM of a fast food restaurant. Also a Realtor, but don't really practice. I did get a Bachelors Degree and studied computer programming and some database crap, but I really didn't want to look for a job in that field. Been thinking of going back to school and study law, but I probably won't....

What restaurant? A Quiznos? McDonalds?

I'm not going to any school. Just working at a pharmacy. So, I'm not actually sure if I will be state certified or not.

A kid without a high school diploma can be a pharmacy tech.

How do I know that's true? My friend worked as a pharm tech at Walgreen's from his sophomore year in high school all the way until he left town for college. Granted, his mom was a well-known pharmicist...but if you got a good resume and interview well, anyone could be a pharm tech.

Electrical Engineer

Wow, I must be the only of the few here with a gray color job: I work in the parts department at a Nissan / Subaru dealership. It is not glamorous, but I get to work in the industry I love, I find out about secret things from Nissan the rest of you will know six month later (or more!) and it pays well enough.

My other job, if you can call it that, is land speculation. I will leave it at that.

A kid without a high school diploma can be a pharmacy tech.

How do I know that's true? My friend worked as a pharm tech at Walgreen's from his sophomore year in high school all the way until he left town for college. Granted, his mom was a well-known pharmicist...but if you got a good resume and interview well, anyone could be a pharm tech.

It differs from state to state. In California (as of 2004) you need to become certified and licensed. No more at-work experience is allowed.

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/licensing/index.htm#tch_faqs

What are the new changes regarding qualifying to become a pharmacy technician?

Effective January 1, 2004, there are only four ways to qualify for pharmacy technician registration (California Business and Professions Code section 4202).

California law now requires that an applicant for a pharmacy technician permit must meet one of the following criteria:

1. Have obtained an associate of arts degree in pharmacy technology.
2. Have completed a course of training specified by the board (typically provided by employers under requirements of California Code of Regulations Section 1793.6 (provided below)).
3. Have graduated from a school of pharmacy approved by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education or recognized by the board.
4. Be certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.

Can technicians still be "grandfathered" in?

No. What was frequently referred to as grandfathering in pharmacy technicians was a method by which an individual could use specific types of experience gained in a pharmacy to qualify for registration as a pharmacy technician. However, California law changed on January 1, 2004, and this type of experience is no longer a qualifying method.

The other technicians at work were grandfathered in, but that was quite some time ago. I'm the youngest where I work by a long shot.

as stated in the other thread, the original one, not this repost of a thread, I'm a professional badass. extraordinare.
You seem like a professional repost whiner. IT'S A REPOST!!! IT'S A REPOST!!! WAAAH!