XBOX Fanboys: Convince me

Well, just found out you can ONLY use the 360 specific wireless ethernet adapter.

Unless I figure out how to make my laptop a wireless access point that will be another $99 to Microsoft.

edit:

Actually that will be anoter $87.99 to Microsoft. :lol:

just buy a wireless bridge, then that way it will work with what ever has a normal ethernet port.

Well for $20 it has to be good. :rolleyes:

Actually I just ordered it. It'll be good to test on the PS2 first.

Well it gives you the option to plug in ethernet directly. The 360 is cheaper to get into than the PS3 and you can upgrade it as you see fit. You can put as little or as much into the system as you like. To me a modular system is superior.

Last edited:
Well it gives you the option to plug in ethernet directly. The 360 is cheaper to get into than the PS3 and you can upgrade it as you see fit. You can put as little or as much into the system as you like. To me a modular system is superior.

Yeah, I agree. I'd much rather buy the modules that I need. I have no need for wireless in my xbox360, why the hell would I want it built in, and have to pay for it? I personally would go the wireless bridge route anyway, as if I were plugging in one ethernet device, i'd likely have others in the same location, which would also need to be connected.

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath on the black xbox360, I really doubt that Microsoft will alienate their customers that have already bought xbox360s by fundamentally changing the device. They MAY release a bigger hard drive, but I doubt HDMI is coming in the form of a separate port. I think it's more likely to be an add on cable (like the VGA cable), which uses the standard video/audio connector on the back of the device.

If you like to play with other people on the internet from all around the world, then there is one more reason for you to buy to Xbox360. There are 6 million other people that play online.

To everyone: where do you have your 360 and have you ever had heat issues?

no heat issues, i've had it on my tv, on my desk and on a coffee table

I have mine on top of the original X-Box. The concave shape is matched perfectly to the domed top on the original X-Box - they are designed to stack together. There is no back to the cabinet and plenty of air flow. The power source sits on the top shelf behind the TV.

I have had no heat problems.

It's sitting on top of my receiver. I also have the power block up off the floor on a rack and have had zero heat issues. As I said before, i've had mine since launch and have had no problems with it.

Sounds good. Mine would have initially been placed in my cramped, small cabinet along with cable box, dvd player, stereo, and PS2. There is a large opening in the back of the cabinet but I doubt any air would flow with all the crap I have in there.

Maybe I'll place mine on top of my TV. (Just have to make sure the 360 has no magnets :rolleyes: )

Maybe I'll place mine on top of my TV. (Just have to make sure the 360 has no magnets :rolleyes: )
it shouldnt be an issue, but you should find a way to make sure that its a flat surface that your putting it on, thats true with any spinning drive.

Mine just sits on the floor usually when I want to play it, the cupboard where the tv is has no free space because it has the cable box, receiver and the DVD-R

I'm looking to buy a 360 and you're talking about xbox 3 already? you bastard.. :lol:

My cabinet is never closed, I think if I put it where my PS2 is now I shouldn't have a problem. If I've gone 7 years without an overheating issue with the Playstation I'm confident the 360 wont.

Although I wouldn't suggest the floor as dust gathers there, and excess dust can be bad for cooling, and the optical drive.

I'm looking to buy a 360 and you're talking about xbox 3 already? you bastard.. :lol:

My cabinet is never closed, I think if I put it where my PS2 is now I shouldn't have a problem. If I've gone 7 years without an overheating issue with the Playstation I'm confident the 360 wont.

:blink: No, no. I call the 360 the XBOX 3 verse 60 because I think it is great in biblical proportions.

If you like to play with other people on the internet from all around the world, then there is one more reason for you to buy to Xbox360. There are 6 million other people that play online.

I cannot help thinking that has to be because of Sony...
Many people that waited for PS3 went Xbox after seeing the price on the PS3. :lol: =D