WTF?? What about the 599GTB Fiorano??

there's a challenge version of the F430
http://img511.imageshack.**/img511/9130/f430challengesj4.png
From Cavallino

EDIT: granted its not the road version the 'CS' version of the 430 will most likely just be a lightened version of the F430 w/ a fire exstinguisher

Kudos for finding that! :)

what about stig getting a boot on the wheel of his merc? i thought we were supposed to see that too this season

If I remember correctly, the Challange Stradale started life as a GT version of the 360 which was racing in Sports car series around the world. They took that and made it 'softer' to sell as a road car. And again if I'm not mistaken, the 360CS is still racing (or was last season), so the 430CS will first have to start it's racing career before it makes it's road debut.
The didn't really have much to do with the 360 Challenge, unlike the 355 where you could buy a Challenge version and register it for everyday use, the 360Ch was a properly serious racecar with a rollcage, no interior etc. I'm sure they shared a few components (lighter wheels and suspension bits probably, other minor stuff) but a 360CS is basically a 360 with knobs on, not a tamed 360Ch.
As wooflepoof has pointed out, the 430CS will likely be the same. It'd never come out before the 430Ch of course, but that's already been running around for a year or so, and the main reason those have to be racing before the 430CS is released is because you can't really claim to have derived the CS from a car that hasn't yet been built ;)
Either way though, I suspect Ferrari will never release a CS version of any car at the same time as the standard version, for marketing reasons.

I have no doubt that they will (as those spy shots suggest - though I guess that could be anything from a barely-modified 430Ch to a road 430 with a fugly rear grille, really) - they just haven't yet done so. As with the 360CS, when sales of the standard version start to flag slightly, a shiny new hotted up version is just the ticket to get things moving along again :)

As far as spy shots, if you're talking about the ones i think you are look like engine tests for the next model or a newer model. for engine testing they stick it in a modified current or older model.

360 Test model (looks alot like a new sort of F40 huh?)
http://img71.imageshack.**/img71/7273/360testereo7.png
from cavallino 1997
Enzo test mule
2000_Ferrari_EnzoPrototypeM33.jpg

2000_Ferrari_EnzoPrototypeM31.jpg

And now this 1? methinks the next 1 is more of the same but thats just me
dino-5.jpg

dino-4.jpg

The car might be too lame to go around the TG test track. It's really just a more ferocious 612. The 612 was a little bit too lame, the 599 is just a ferrari you can use everyday thanks to the big boot. It's also more cool than using a lame 612 everyday.

As far as spy shots, if you're talking about the ones i think you are look like engine tests for the next model or a newer model. for engine testing they stick it in a modified current or older model.
Not those shots - LoneWolf posted a couple of small shots of a 430 with a Challenge-style rear grille. I didn't look for any associated articles or not but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a 430CS being tested.

AnGuRuSO said:
The car might be too lame to go around the TG test track. It's really just a more ferocious 612. The 612 was a little bit too lame, the 599 is just a ferrari you can use everyday thanks to the big boot. It's also more cool than using a lame 612 everyday.
:rolleyes:

It was meant to replace the 575, not the 612. the 612 was a 4 seater and...jeez:rolleyes: Its named after the Ferrari private test racetrack fer godsake

engine based of the enzo, 2 seater transaxle, true it shares some of its chassis components w/ the 612 but its shorter and sportier and weight hundreds less than the 575 which i think went around more than once

Last edited:
*sigh* I was not only looking forward to a 599 test, but more importantly the 430CS. If neither turn up next season I think it's a sure sign Jezza's fed up with Ferrari :(

Or perhaps Ferrari is fed up with Jezza??

They needed to find a generous owner before the Enzo made it on the show..

The 612 is more practical then the 599 (largely thanks to 4 seats and bigger boot), but round a track the 599 will have the 612 licked.

And I'm not sure in what sense you describe it as lame? If you mean it's lame in the sense it's not fast/sporty enough, I'd put you're average Aston in the same category as either the 599/612, it's never stopped TG bringing that to the track. And remember, they put a 5 series diesel and a Vectra round the track, if they're good enough, surely a Ferrari (of all things) warrants itself as something interesting enough to be put on the track.

Or perhaps Ferrari is fed up with Jezza??

They needed to find a generous owner before the Enzo made it on the show..

Mmm, to be fair the Enzo is a bit of an exception, not least because a) less then 500 were made and b) it's Ferrari's crown jewel. It's probably one of the hardest cars to get your hands on, hence the difficulty TG had in getting one down to the track. I'm sure the folks at Maranello wouldn't mind lending TG any of their normal production Ferrari's.