My day at top gear ... warning i quote them so swearing is involved!!

hahaha i psoted soemwhere else if i can get tickets again a hole hord of us should go over

Managed to find the cord for your camera yet? ;)

That's gay... he once told this story on Top Gear about how some builder left a pack of half-smoked cigarettes at his house and how he sold it on eBay because he doesn't smoke.

hahahaha, knowing James May, he probably smokes a pipe or at least some strange tobacco from the 17th century.

Okay, I was reading an old issue of Top Gear from 2006 and there's an article by James about smoking in cars. I thought this would be proof that he does smoke so I read it but he talks of smoking a great big cigar to test things out, not a cigarette.

I'm at a loss... are we sure James smokes too?

thanks for sharing that!!!!

Lots of people have been asking this, but you haven't answered: How did you get the tickets? Do you have a secret relationship with The Stig?

Lots of people have been asking this, but you haven't answered: How did you get the tickets? Do you have a secret relationship with The Stig?

yes ;)

ok no but that would be AWSOME!!! lol

cough

no seriously someone found out i was comming from canada and they had an extra ticket!!! i jsut got really lucky!! ( understatment i know but ... yea ) i had posted on my livejournal!

i have been on the line up for a long time for my sisters - i dont know how long she had been on it for but i imagine a long time but i know allot of people just put down the max number then try to find people after :)

I'm at a loss... are we sure James smokes too?

no i dont think he does i can just imagine him with his wine

i know that jeremy is trying to quit ... but he may have just had a panic attack that episode lol because he was bumming them off the audience and didnt have his own pack lol

i know that jeremy is trying to quit ... but he may have just had a panic attack that episode lol because he was bumming them off the audience and didnt have his own pack lol

A typical tight Yorkshireman then!, won't spend a peeny if he doesn't have to :D

great thread, i really enjoyed reading your posts and hearing about top gear. how much were the tickets? my friend and i are trying to plan a europe trip so we can see top gear while were there.

its good to hear the hosts were all so pleasent off camera, i get that vibe that they are nice in person. too bad to hear clarkson and hammond are such bad smokers though, that would bug me...

james smokes occasionally as far as I know.. it was in a times article... he smokes camels cos the other two drive him to it.

great thread, i really enjoyed reading your posts and hearing about top gear. how much were the tickets? my friend and i are trying to plan a europe trip so we can see top gear while were there.

its good to hear the hosts were all so pleasent off camera, i get that vibe that they are nice in person. too bad to hear clarkson and hammond are such bad smokers though, that would bug me...

they are free :)

Hammond has quit again apparently but he used to smoke like a chimney from what i have heard!!!

oh and shawn no i havent found it yet :'( i have a little video too that i will post or well send as soon as i can ( its starting to bug me ... the only thing is is that to find said cord .... i have to clean my house :'( ) lol

Oh, that figures then. I thought your original post said Jeremy and James constantly smoked, I must've read it wrong.

What's wrong with Camels? :think:

I'm sure clarkson would drive anyone to an unhealthy habit, I want to see how his wife handles him (quite well i'm sure).

It would be awesome, bumming clarkson cigs

He should have bought a CCX instead of that Gallardo..

I'm pretty sure both James and Jeremy smoke. I've seen James smoking last year with my own eyes. Maybe (hopefully) he doesn't smoke since then (although I've heard from others he still does). I hope both Jeremy and James will quit, like Richard has.

Last edited: