How do you make an AVI into DVDvideo

cboersen

Car(s)
Pontiac, Grand AM, GT
OK, I see in this forum how to go from DVDvideo to DVDvideo with DVDshrink.

I also see how to take DVDvideo and make it a AVI with AutoGK.

But how do you take a Top Gear AVI and make a DVDvideo (IFO? and VOB?) I can play on my DVD Player?

I am very confused by all the different exensions. If someone knows of a free program that can do this and can explaine how to use it I would be very grateful.

Perhaps a quick explanation of what all these extensions are might be helpful to me an other beginners.

Do a Google for DVD Flick.

I use nero express, you can import the .avi and it maked the dvd files nice and simple :D

Google avi2dvd. Or google. Full stop. Or search in here, goddamnit, 100 threads about that..

Explaine how you do that. I read in Nero Express's manual that it will not author DVDs only burn existing files. How are you importing them?

cough. WinAVI...

i tell you what, i'm going to make a guide about these and how they should use WinAVI. then i can just post a link every time...

Last edited:
Explaine how you do that. I read in Nero Express's manual that it will not author DVDs only burn existing files. How are you importing them?

Oh yeah, you need some extension, don't remember what it's called though.

Is this something you have to buy to git rid of the water mark?

Where is the best place to download it from?

What is the the most up to date version?

what program are we talking about here? if it's WinAVI, PM me

Is this something you have to buy to git rid of the water mark?

Where is the best place to download it from?

What is the the most up to date version?

take some bug-spray and a lighter and start spraying all around your monitor!

Another vote for WinAVI - simple and quick - takes around 30mins to create a DVD from an AVI file.

Another vote for WinAVI - simple and quick - takes around 30mins to create a DVD from an AVI file.

yeah i would always keep it as my first choice for making TG DVDs. trouble is my copy has completely cocked up now :cry:

it just comes up with the dreaded 'this program has encountered an error and must close' box. then it freezes :mad: i also get the same error box about DrWatson dubugger. this thing is shit. anyone have any idea how i can get it working again? i have uninstalled and cleaned the registry before reinstalling, but this didn't solve the problem.

i'm also getting silly ads opening in IE (i use FF) whenever i go onto google. even ad-aware can't pick this up :cry:

i use Nero vision... Easy to create menus aswell

DVD Flick is open source and free, if you dont want to worry about finding a pirated copy of something else. Works great.

Question on NeroVision Express 3:

When I insert the top gear video files, a pop-up comes up and says "mp4 encoding not available: purchase the full version" or something like that.

If I click "close" I can burn the DVD's just fine.

My question is: will buying the full version make it go faster? It takes about 3 hrs to encode/burn the DVD's with 2 episodes on each disc. Seems like it could go quicker.*

*without buying a new computer...my 2.0gHx Athlon 2400+, 768MB/3200 is functioning just fine for me. :p

DUDE JUST GET DVD FLICK! It's free and super-easy to use.

http://www.dvdflick.net

It doesn't run on my PC. I've tried installing it 3 times, to no avail. I've used it before, though and didn't like it. I hate having to find, download, and run all of the other programs every time I want to do something the (very basic) program can't do.

??? What else do you have to run? Mine is all in one program.