[09x06] March 4th, 2007

Not what I'd call a great episode, but a very good episode non-the-less, especially by this season's standards.

Was hillarious seeing JC's Panda and the Airwolf music cut in, then when James and his Alfaab made his debut with the Knightrider music I was rolling on the floor LMAO! :lol: :rofl:

James should be given a knighthood and payrise for pi$$ing off that c*nt Lemar? "I've been nominated Best Male for the first time". Yeah, as if anyone gives a f***, sad talentless twat! Hope he missed the awards. :idiot:

Agree with the person who said they have more respect for Moyles after putting up with JC, they were easily the limo driver/celeb pair who got on best and were on the same wavelength. 8)

Last edited:
Doesn't the producer of the show come here to the forum? Someone just ask him about the dyno-situation. Should end all this speculation.

you live in some fascist lil bubble of a reality where no one else is allowed to criticize quality?

He lives in a southern US of A state?? :blink:

^ mostly correct. muscle cars don't have to be coupes or convertibles. all you need are 1) a large engine with gobbs of horsepower and torque; 2) rear wheel drive. that's it. muscle cars are unsophisticated bruts. that's why i get annoyed when top gear criticizes american muscle cars for being poor handlers. they were never meant for circuits.

The US car makers are doing their best to sell those cars in Europe and the cars just don't always work here as well as homebred stuff, simple enough for you?

i think it was a good epesode,

cant wait for it to come back in the sumer/our winter

The limo segment had a few brief moments that made me chuckle but it didn't have nearly enough substance for the length it ran. It was childish and stupid and way, way too drawn out. The segment was as slow and long as Jeremy's Panda limo!
Like all the 'how hard could it be' segments before it this one just wasn't very funny. The jokes are amateurish, obvious and hackneyed and these segments are also completely void of any useful information or interesting facts so they've really got nothing going for them as far as I'm concerned.

"My guest tonight is attractive.." That's quite an introduction for someone that I thought looked like a horse-faced space-dog!
Billie Piper was pretty uninteresting but the segment was still pretty good. I liked the joke that Jeremy made from her insensitive Cardiff remark. I think she should have been penalised a few seconds for cutting the corners especially since it was so blatant. I remember Jonathan Ross was penalised a few seconds for cutting the hammerhead so what gives? Oh well, I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway.

The clip where the GT500 drove around for a few minutes annoyed me because of how well it managed to impersonate an actual review. I truly despise Top Gear for turning the car reviews into nothing more than a vague, hollow and totally transparent token gesture. They managed to fuck around with the limo's for the better part of forty minutes yet they couldn't find 88 seconds to show the full lap of the Rouch?

This was just another in a line of shitty episodes. I think I'll watch the first episode of the next season and if it's more or less the same style as season 9 I'll just stop watching. It's a shame, really because I used to love this show.

it was a tough season for them, they obviously didnt get as much car stuff done as possible. They dont just get cars driven up to them every minute of the day, there is a process and richard's accident somewhat impaired that.

Wait for next season and chill man. its just one season that they had to whip together

Wait for next season and chill man. its just one season that they had to whip together
Admittedly I was a tad angry when I wrote all that and I've since settled down so If I wrote it again the language wouldn't be quite as strong.... but the basic gist would remain the same.

I hope it goes back to 'normal' but I dunno... from what I hear ratings are up and most people seem to love the newer style format so I really think it will be more of the same in season 10. Top Gear has always focused on giving the fans what they want and right now the fans clearly want more explosions and pratfalls.

The whole GT500 review was as many have said, Stupid and one sided.

However looking at the GT500 going around the track Hammond kept calling it a messy lap. How is it messy? The tail end wants to hang out, the car likes going sideways.

And no one buys a GT500 or a regular GT and keep it stock. Fords Racing and Performance parts cataloge has a kit for the GT500 that keeps it in check. The mustang over here, is never stock for very long.

However looking at the GT500 going around the track Hammond kept calling it a messy lap. How is it messy? The tail end wants to hang out, the car likes going sideways.

Sideways is slow - spectacular yes, but slow. So a sideways lap is messy.

Looking for the song?

Looking for the song?

Can anyone tell me the song thats played when Moyles is in the Limo:? . Cheers.

All this GT500 talk is taking away from the real controversy: Billie Piper's lap. Seriously, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about it.

She's a nice girl and all (though bit of an airhead), but I can't believe Clarkson allowed that time. She really cut those corners; she turned the hammerhead into nothing more than a normal turn. Had she driven the track proper I figure she should would have been more than even 3 seconds off the time she got.

It sets a precendent where a celeb just has to be cute or popular with the audience and they can driver whatever lap they want and it diminishes the achievement of those who drive the track proper.

All this GT500 talk is taking away from the real controversy: Billie Piper's lap. Seriously, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about it.

She's a nice girl and all (though bit of an airhead), but I can't believe Clarkson allowed that time. She really cut those corners; she turned the hammerhead into nothing more than a normal turn. Had she driven the track proper I figure she should would have been more than even 3 seconds off the time she got.

It sets a precendent where a celeb just has to be cute or popular with the audience and they can driver whatever lap they want and it diminishes the achievement of those who drive the track proper.

This isn't some sort of world championship race or anything.

You might, just might, be taking the segment a tad too seriously.

She was so charming I would've done the same in Jezza's place. Besides, it's not like she'd set a record time or anything. :lol:

And no one buys a GT500 or a regular GT and keep it stock
And that wouldn't possibly be the case because the stock suspension is rubbish?
Kinda exactly their point, isn't it? Remember with the Roush mods they even found the Mustang to be "properly brilliant"...

Oh, and Billie was cute, couldn't care less whether she cut a corner. Or two. Or three...

The whole GT500 review was as many have said, Stupid and one sided.

So tell us something new. This isn't the first time TG have been one sided when it comes to a partciular car.

I suggest you look through past episodes of power laps, especially ones like the 360CS, 911 GT3 RS, or Lotus Exige to see what a clean lap is. Heck, forgot those, just watch the Rouche (sp!) Mustang again and you'll see the difference between a clean and messy lap.

The GT 500 is rubbish at handling, this is what TG were trying to point out in the whole segment.

And no one buys a GT500 or a regular GT and keep it stock. Fords Racing and Performance parts cataloge has a kit for the GT500 that keeps it in check. The mustang over here, is never stock for very long.

They might do here in Britain.

Last edited:
lol, when are people going to realize that car making is so international these days. that it dosent even matter.

guess who makes the holden? oh noes...ITS AMERICAN CAR MAKER GM!

anyway, the mustang really dissapointed me. i've loved mustangs ever since i was little kid, in fact my dad had a red 64 fastback with a bored out 302, god that thing sounded amazing.

and, i get a feeling with this car that the exec's over at ford really held back the engineers there when designing it.

i was really hoping ford would get this car right and give it some proper turning capability.i was going to be looking at one of these as a graduation present to myself after i get done with school.

but now, not so much, i think i might go used e46 m3 or evo or STi

Last edited:
guess who makes the holden? oh noes...ITS AMERICAN CAR MAKER GM!

That's quite true, but none the less, It's an Aussie car. Not a properly Aussie car like the Kingswood, not even as Aussie as the Falcon (re: the big American V8 in the Holden Vs the Canadian designed, Aussie built V8 ), and that annoys me to some degree.
I'd LOVE to see an All-Australian car, purely local components, Purely local assembly and purely local management. Trick is, that'll never happen, so there'll be a few little sports/supercar firms that will try, but the population here can't justify the scale of industry needed for that. In the meantime though, I'm happy to say we have a decent scale of automotive industry here... Sure, Mitsubishi Australia is packing it's bags after the sad tail of the 380, but I don't see Holden, Ford or Toyota(Camry/Aureion/78 Series 'Cruiser) going anywhere soon. And that'll do.

all australia would be cool to me.

i also liked the idea of an all japan episode, it intrigues me too (JGTC, Anyone?)

As someone who's been to Japan quite recently... I can recomend a route... Nagoya to Takayama. It's stunningly beautiful. Following a river that's emerald green up to this fairly small mountain town, it'd be good watching methinks...
And that might be a viable Car Vs Public transport thing too, as the train on that route, the Hida isn't a crazy, balistically fast machine as the Shinkansens. I actually thought it was rather like a diesel train :p