Aston Martin sold to...

i want a V8 vantage with turbos and antilag!

i just hope they keep all the tricksy electronic 4wd crap away from astons, i don't know why they wouldn't though

AM shall now conquer WRC.

i want a V8 vantage with turbos and antilag!
Aston Martin never did and never will make a turbocharged car you clot. :lol: You can put turbos on your plastic Mitsubishi but not on an Aston.
AM shall now conquer WRC.
Another madman words. :lol:

Last edited:
Aston Martin never did and never will make a turbocharged car you clot. :lol: You can put turbos on your plastic Mitsubishi but not on an Aston.

I believe it's called a "joke". And why not? We had supercharged Astons before.

Well the difference between super- and turbocharger is not a small one. Basicly you use turbochargers to reduce the costs and quickly power up the engine. It just isn't a way of Aston Martin, they never done such a thing.

Well the difference between super- and turbocharger is not a small one. Basicly you use turbochargers to reduce the costs and quickly power up the engine. It just isn't a way of Aston Martin, they never done such a thing.

http://img522.imageshack.**/img522/7076/1970astonmartindbsv8gtpxj2.jpg

1970 Aston Martin DBS V8 GTP Muncher had a twin turbo V8 with 650hp.

What happened to an Egyptian buying them? mind you Aston would of been renamed "Ahmed Martin" and when you walked into a dealers all you'd hear is "I do you special price"

Aston Martin DBS V8 GTP Muncher
A what? I don't know where you got that name from but it's wrong.

That is an Aston Martin RHAM/1 (Robin Hamilton Aston Martin), it was a custom project directed by Hamilton. The car is unique and was developed and raced in between 1976 and 1979. In 1978 it was indeed using twin Garret AiResearch turbochargers. But the thing you have to realise is that was a custom project, not a factory model. Anyone can modify his Aston Martin how he likes, but that doesn't count. It's Aston Martin who never made a turbocharged car.

Aston would of been renamed "Ahmed Martin"
Abdul Martin. :D

Last edited:
A what? I don't know from where you got that name but it's wrong.

That is an Aston Martin RHAM/1 (Robin Hamilton Aston Martin), it was a custom project directed by Hamilton. The car is unique and was developed and raced in between 1976 and 1979. In 1978 it was indeed using twin Garret AiResearch turbochargers. But the thing you have to realise is that was a custom project, not a factory model. Anyone can modify his Aston Martin how he likes, but that doesn't count. It's Aston Martin who never made a turbocharged car.

Abdul Martin. :D

Ah my mistake. I just remembered that picture and went about finding out what it was. Then I found it under the name DBS V8 GTP Muncher and posted it in this thread because it was apparently turbocharged.

be good to see prodrive take it over. Ford also still having ownership is good too. Wonder if they will increase that ownership once they can pick themselves up (if that ever happens)..

Wha? Didn't the nineties Aston Martin Vantage (or Virage?) have a twin turbo 5.3L V8?

Best news of the year! I just hope it's confirmed and that they are successful

Wha? Didn't the nineties Aston Martin Vantage (or Virage?) have a twin turbo 5.3L V8?
No, it was a twin supercharged V8. Don't try to find a production Aston with turbochargers, I know what I'm saying. ;)

Is nobody here worried that the investors behind David Richards could influence Aston in a bad way?

I think myself maybe not an expert but a well informed man. ;)

Ah my bad but I really love the Virage. Its very big and british as an Aston should. I hope prodrive won't mess with that heritage.