America attempts to end Bugatti Veyron's 15 minutes of fame

America attempts to end Bugatti Veyron's 15 minutes of fame

• Total voters
My first impression: a pimped up Saleen = not good. All those spoilers and air vents make it look ridiculous. I see people are desperately trying to make a "better" car than Bugatti. "Look! Our car can do 450km/h and it has leather seats and satnav!"

Veyron is in a league of its own and I reckon nothing is gonna beat it in the next 10 years or so. Apart from the Seat Leon Cupra of course. :p

Last edited:
lol this is seriously just one big jerkoff fest over the veyron on this forum, its hilarious.
Not everyone here likes the Veyron. And judging that only by this thread, you'll get a false impression. The posts made here are mostly led by being bored of the almost weekly statements of carmaker XY, saying that their new car XYZ will beat the Veyrons 253mph. And then, they just disappear, and are never heard of again, at least not in terms of beating 253mph.

only because its "clarkson approved"
This however ist pretty ridiculous. JC seems to have quite an impact, otherwise there wouldn't be so many people on forums claiming that other members only like or dislike a car because JC said so. We can have own opinions and like Top Gear, you know? :rolleyes:

i hope it shits all over the veyrons speed record. because i think the veyron is a colossal waste of money, time and materials.
No. What you were trying to say is that it is a colossal waste of money and materials in your eyes - spot the difference? There's been a lot of stuff written about the Veyron, and I'm not going to repeat it all. So here's my short version: I didn't like it in the beginning as well, but being a usable, normally servicable and quite comfortable car that has 1001hp and can do 253mph, I became quite impressed after some time. It seems you also missed that Gordon Murray, designer of the famous McLaren F1, probably the benchmark in terms of hypercar handling, said that he was surprised how well the Veyron handles. And if he doesn't know, who does?

and "it has a nicer interior" is such a ricer excuse.
Not an excuse, it's a fact. This however, is a fanboy excuse:
fuck the veyron. its stupid and the only people who will ever own it are european and american pretty boys who think that its gods gift to the automotive world.
It's mainly going to be idiots who drive the Veyron ... and that's the cars fault ... rrrright! :?

And here's another hint: stop swearing, it does not really improve your arguments and is a sign of weakness.

Regards
the Interceptor

I say it will out pace it. The Veyron being a VW means it was dethroned before it ever went into production :p

The only thing that really puts me off about the Veyron is the price.

So let me get this straight: you're bashing the Veyron for being fat even though you've never driven it, you've probably never seen one before, and you're blindly speculating about its weight and handling capabilities despite what most reputable automotive magazines, including that Jerry guy, have said about it before?

But you're willing to believe a BS marketing blurb from SSC's website about a car that you know even less about?

:?

I knew there was a reason why I love you.

What kind of milage does it get?

LOL, cause that's what the customers of a Veyron are most concerned with

/I know you were kidding.

Whoever voted "yes" clearly doesn't understand the Veyron. I think it will be a very long time until anyone can achieve such a feat of engineering.

The fact that a conformable luxury car can reach 253MPH without a quiver or rattle is truly amazing. It really doesn't matter if some hardcore sports car can reach the same speed or more while shaking and rattling about and then need an engine rebuild...

Whoever voted "yes" clearly doesn't understand the Veyron. I think it will be a very long time until anyone can achieve such a feat of engineering.

The fact that a conformable luxury car can reach 253MPH without a quiver or rattle is truly amazing. It really doesn't matter if some hardcore sports car can reach the same speed or more while shaking and rattling about and then need an engine rebuild...

Well, we don't actually know what will happen yet. But in the end the Veyron will cost quite a bit more.

I answered yes before I realized exactly what the poll was about, I just assumed it was about the speed.

Another example of american attitude that pure speed = the whole of performance.

Another example of american attitude that pure speed = the whole of performance.

Lol, are you serious?:rolleyes: :idiot:

Go get a clue.

The only thing that really puts me off about the Veyron is the price.

Bah, that's seriously the last thing that should put people off. I will probably never be able to afford a Gallardo, for instance. And that costs half what the Murcielago costs. The Murcielago costs less than half what an Enzo or Koenigsegg costs which cost half of what a Veyron with some mark-up costs. So its all varying levels of unattainability. I can understand if you think that a Audi RS4 costs too much in comparison with an M3 or CTS-V. But does it really matter if the Veyron is $1.3mil, $1.5mil or even $10mil?

Bah, that's seriously the last thing that should put people off. I will probably never be able to afford a Gallardo, for instance. And that costs half what the Murcielago costs. The Murcielago costs less than half what an Enzo or Koenigsegg costs which cost half of what a Veyron with some mark-up costs. So its all varying levels of unattainability. I can understand if you think that a Audi RS4 costs too much in comparison with an M3 or CTS-V. But does it really matter if the Veyron is $1.3mil, $1.5mil or even $10mil?

agreed its kind of like complaining about fighter jet because of the price, haha

the price is so astronomical that its an irrelevant point of discussion for ordinary ppl

Ed

It just seems that it costs so much more than the competition, like they are just throwing money around to achieve what they did.

Congratulations, you win the Useless Choad of the Day award!

Please break your computer.

It just seems that it costs so much more than the competition, like they are just throwing money around to achieve what they did.

VW was actually pretty pissed that Ferdinand Pietch had them commit so much money and resources to a fundmentally money losing project, done purely as a technical bragging exercise. That's why he waited until he was close to retiring from the CEO position to get the project in motion because he knew he wouldnt have to deal with the consequences of the finished project.

This is kind of how i imagine a condensed version of the dialogue between VW and pietch went

<VW> you realize youre asking us to develop a bugatti thats not really a car but a glorified jet fighter on wheels?

<Pietch> yeah, but i dont care, do it anyways, i dont care how much it costs, it'll be cool, and best of all i dont have to worry about you firing me!

<Bugatti engineers> goddamn him for making us work on this pointlessly gargantuan project just so he can show off.

I think he knew the VW board of directors would have booted him from his position so fast if he tried to do this project in the middle of his career there.

Ed

Don't know why everyone is crapping all over the SSC, it will easily be faster than the veyron, as its more powerful AND lighter, it has a luxury leather interior with all kinds of toys, and it looks 10x better than that fat pillbug Veyron.

And if anyone is interested, it will be on top gear soon according to the SSC website

This might as well be a rocket,
but the Veyron is a Concorde.

This might as well be a rocket,
but the Veyron is a Concorde.

and we still use rockets to launch things into space.

and look what happen to the concorde.

and to the person "giving me a hint" to stop cussing.

if you dont like it, put me on ignore, simple as that.