Acura RSX/Honda Integra vs. VW GTI?

100_0478.jpg

Can I just say that car looks like a boiled egg that's been peeled, had a third of it chopped off and then hopped onto four wheels?

....yeah, you could do that. The car will be retardly fast, but will feel like a broken cereal box held together buy paper clips.

better than driving a fat pig of a gti.

and please use "by" and "buy"

correctly.

NAV is available on a Package 1 or 2 car. There is 3 ways to get a GTi, no Package, which is cloth seats, 6 disc CD (indash) and no Sunroof. Package 1 adds a sunroof and satellite radio service (Sirius), and package 2 adds leather, cold weather package and top front sport seats. As for the seats being the same, they are not. Well, they may be the same, but the leather must cause them to be stiffer in the bolsters. NAV is also something that needs to be ordered with the car. The dealer cannot (will not) install the system. If you want NAV that badly, I would suggest buying a Tom Tom or something along those lines.

Ah, you guys keep telling me satnav is an option. I'm pretty sure it's not available in Canada... CANADA! That's where I live dammit!

Anyway... I like the aero kit, although it probably wouldn't look as good if it wasn't lower.

I hate the looks of the facelifted RSX... I hate it a lot. Plus, isn't the power increase like less than 10hp? And I'm sure the fit and finish is just as bad on it...

I sat in a Civic a few months ago and I saw how much better the interior quality was compared to my car. That was a big shock considering the RSX is just a more a expensive Civic. That really made me want a new car. If you guys ever sit in an RSX try sticking your hand under the panelling... there's huge gaps which you can fit your entire hand through and you can feel the metal frame of the car.

I would upgrade to an '05/06 RSX. More power, better looks, etc. I really dislike the looks of the Mk. 5 GTI, and don't trust Volkswagen products.

Are those roses... or penises?

GTI. The RSX, even the RSX-S, was slow and underpowered. The GTI isn't exacatly a speed machine, either, but at least it isn't as crippled.

I find the RSX is pretty quick considering everything. How you ever driven one?

The difference between the face lifted models here was about 40kw (115kw vs 154 for the facelifted model)

How much is that in hp? I think the pre-facelift models in North America actually had more because they measured the news one differently. I think my old one has 160hp vs. the facelifted model which has 155.

I find the RSX is pretty quick considering everything. How you ever driven one?

Yep, and even the Civic Si felt faster. The RSX-S lost something like 30HP when they went to SAE HP ratings, and it wasn't really all that powerful to begin with. It's not a slouch, but it's not as fast or as fun to drive as other vehicles in its class.

I would go with the GTI. But damn, for GTI money you can get an Impreza WRX.

Like me! :p

I want more of a balance between features and performance. The Impreza has had the same boring interior for the longest time. I like that the GTI has all these bells and whistles.

Anyway like I said my original question is moot now... I can't justify the money for a car that's pretty similar to what I have now.

I want more of a balance between features and performance. The Impreza has had the same boring interior for the longest time. I like that the GTI has all these bells and whistles.

Bah! The only eye candy for me is watching the world zip by! :p

Whatever the case, get what fits you best. :)

Ah, you guys keep telling me satnav is an option. I'm pretty sure it's not available in Canada... CANADA! That's where I live dammit!

Anyway... I like the aero kit, although it probably wouldn't look as good if it wasn't lower.
I can check for you tomorrow, but i just looked through the order guide, and don't see it. I would honestly not spend the money on it. Its nice and all, but for a couple hundred $$ you can get a portable one that will do basically the same stuff.

I've got a portable one but it's kind of a pain to use... it's in a PDA form factor so it's a bitch. I wouldn't get the satnav anyway, just wondering why it isn't an option for Canada.

No need to check though, I'm certain it's not option in Canada. VW's Canadian site doesn't even offer any of the packages, just a few options by themselves.

Last edited:
I've got a portable one but it's kind of a pain to use... it's in a PDA form factor so it's a bitch. I wouldn't get the satnav anyway, just wondering why it isn't an option for Canada.

No need to check though, I'm certain it's not option in Canada. VW's Canadian site doesn't even offer any of the packages, just a few options by themselves.

VW Canada doesn't have a Package 1, just #2. like i said, all package 1 in the State's consists of a sunroof and satellite radio. Canada is only selling those as individual options, or part of the "luxury" package.