TG of the P *spoiler*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you insane? If you do actually watch the night, half of the videos they show you are the ones which show you how the money has been spent, and you see new hospitals, ambulances and stuff with Comic Relief written all over them. And it's not the 'same sh*t' its just the same problem in a different place. Africa is quite big y'know, one years worth of donations is not going to sort the whole problem. And quite frankly if you don't get some sort of reaction from those videos, then theres something wrong with you. You say also you'll donate your money to the local hospice woman instead of CR, but we both know that's b*llocks don't we?

thanks for jumping to conclusions and being able to know what i do and dont do from one post. good stuff.

i have already given the hospice a few quid the last time i was in town. my gran used to do a lot for the hospice, and as she was getting iller and iller they returned the favour. now that she cant do stuff anymore (alzhimers, parkinsons etc) i feel obliged to give a little. i have good reason too.

honestly, i simply dont care for CR anymore, and yes your right im not watching the night, it does nothing for me now. i see the same stuff on all those "spend ?2 a month to save a child" campaigns plastered all over the Sky channels, its just not interesting to watch or even worth watching. yes i realise they are showing images of money being spent wisely, good on them. it still doesnt motivate me much.

africa really should be allowed to dip into their coal, oil and gas supplies.... getting cheap reliable power to that lot will do them wonders. having them use solar panels and wind turbines (some of the most expensive, unreliabe and inefficent forms of power) is just ridiculous.

call me a **** if you will, it wont matter one jot. i have my reasons, and im sticking to them.

Last edited:
Are you insane? If you do actually watch the night, half of the videos they show you are the ones which show you how the money has been spent, and you see new hospitals, ambulances and stuff with Comic Relief written all over them. And it's not the 'same sh*t' its just the same problem in a different place. Africa is quite big y'know, one years worth of donations is not going to sort the whole problem. And quite frankly if you don't get some sort of reaction from those videos, then theres something wrong with you. You say also you'll donate your money to the local hospice woman instead of CR, but we both know that's b*llocks don't we?

I couldn't agree with you more, I'm outraged by what people have said above especially Nuclear Fish saying they shouldn't have had the 'remember why we are here' clips. It's Comic Relief! It is for dying people in Africa! Have a heart.

I couldn't agree with you more, I'm outraged by what people have said above especially Nuclear Fish saying they shouldn't have had the 'remember why we are here' clips. It's Comic Relief! It is for dying people in Africa! Have a heart.

x2

i agree they shouldnt axe the clips, they serve a purpose

however my heart is elsewhere this year. no im not being tight, im just sending the dosh to someone else. i feel i have a valid reason for that, all i ask is that i am not flammed for it. its my choice, its my money, you might not like it, but you should at least respect it.

(not talking to you specifically here, just anyone reading in general)

One thing i will say though is that fair enough if people don't want to give, i'm not one of those people who puts a guilt trip on people saying GIVE MONEY OR YOU'RE AN ASS, i can't stand those people myself, but at least let CR do what they do without calling their videos "naff" or that "they have no effect", and especially don't say "the real reason videos got in the way of top gear" because if you do say that you're really missing the point.

Anyhoo enough, back on topic! Does anyone think that'll be the last time we see the Dunsfold base now? :(

i know there are always other problems, but i always find it satisfying to see the money helping people.

i understand what you mean by wanting to give the money to something closer to home, and you can see it making a difference. and those places don't get enough publicity.

One thing i will say though is that fair enough if people don't want to give, i'm not one of those people who puts a guilt trip on people saying GIVE MONEY OR YOU'RE AN ASS, i can't stand those people myself, but at least let CR do what they do without calling their videos "naff" or that "they have no effect", and especially don't say "the real reason videos got in the way of top gear" because if you do say that you're really missing the point.

Anyhoo enough, back on topic! Does anyone think that'll be the last time we see the Dunsfold base now? :(

sorry thats just the effect those videos have on me specifically, theyre not shocking anymore. if they go to town on the videos id imagine its probably un-air-able.

and actually im tellig a lie, i have actually spent money on CR. sponsored a guy at work for some run/jog/walk thing he planned. i have no idea whether he's done it yet though and i havent actually paid him yet

so glad he lost the apprentice - I'm a closet fan of alistair campbell, they way he fucked the lasses over the rides was amazing.

and the gervais piss take of all the africa adds was great.

Also the problem I can see with some things in comic relief is it not going towards sustainable development instead of handouts.

I may end up becoming a sheep sticking his head up out of a crowd of wolves, but did anyone else really enjoy the special effects in the Supergrass segment? :)

Let's face it, May's birds were crap. But the dry ice seems to look good on overdrive "POWAAAAAH!" and the wrap-up with the dry ice, big-arse fan and background floodlights seemed to make it all look kick arse. :D

Did anyone hear Jeremy say 'goodbye dunsfold'?. I'm sure he did.

It was "Goodnight Dunsfold!". Mocking the usual "Goodnight England!" you get at the end of massive gigs.

The TGOTP was a laugh...Travis were good - although that really wasn't anywhere near one of their best songs. The doves were a laugh [though failed just a bit]. And you got more of the guys' banter.

Jeremy was visibly mouthing the beats out loud whilst drumming, that was fantastic. At least James looked like he had a vague idea of what was going on.

One of the better bits of Comic Relief. DOND was a bit disappointing (dear god, why so much Catherine Tate?), Mitchell and Webb were a big letdown, and Tony Blair? What the hell? Don't you have a million better things to do?

how can i make a torrent ? flame me if u wish :p

i actually thought that was fantastic!!! lol Good on them - and Jeremy got his Top Gear band!!!

Thank god for torrents - I thought it was great. Best performance, imo, would be Supergrass - loved the dry ice and wind machine (the birds, a bit odd). Of course the Top Gear Band was classic, Jeremy was concentrating so hard to keep the beat (was a bit off). They did look a little stiff on stage but at the same time looked like they were having a great time.

Thanks to robybobey for the write up - it does seem like we missed a fair amount.

Hi, longish time TG watcher, short time forum lurker.

I liked the "what the fuck is that" quote at the start haha

Status
Not open for further replies.