V8 Supercar Dream Team Competition On Sportal

you can't add, you can only trade.

Yeah, that's right.
Did you actually set up a Team? I didn't sound like it, but that's the only explanation I can think of for why you have a Budget of $0 (it means are using all $12M of your budget). If you then want to 'Trade' your drivers/teams, you click on the tiny 'Ts' beside each Icon on your grid to select another one (it took me 5min to find that link & work out how to do it).
But if you joined during R1, you were probably Locked out (race had already started). So now you should have 12M (if you don't have any drivers/teams in your Team). :?

I'm in.
Got 649 in the first round and 35th Overall after Adelaide.

Damn, well done. Haha Team Lurch, you' been relegated to 2nd. :p

Bloody Jason Richards!! He smashed into the back of Brighty :(

Theres one of my drivers and cars out then!!

Bloody Jason Richards!! He smashed into the back of Brighty :(

Theres one of my drivers and cars out then!!
Ouch. Yeah, I had Britek but not him as a driver though.
Ingall let me down :cry: . I swapped Ingall for Lowndes after the last round, but that was a bad move.
I'm still on 182 points for Q & R1 though, thanks to Whincup, Courtney & Skaife :) .

Bugger, just looked at my team again.

Ingall, Lowndes, Murphy and Davison. I swapped Bright for Davison. Phew.
Stone Bros, Garry Rogers, Britek and Team BOC. Nope, only 2 teams are gonna get me points here!!

Bugger, just looked at my team again.

Ingall, Lowndes, Murphy and Davison. I swapped Bright for Davison. Phew.
Stone Bros, Garry Rogers, Britek and Team BOC. Nope, only 2 teams are gonna get me points here!!
Lucky, because a total DNF for the entire Round would've been pretty bad.
......my great little Excel spreadsheet says you got 176 points for Q & R1.

tom_kauf, can you work out this for me scorewise. I just realised my team I gave you was Round 1's team.

Ingall, Murphy, T Kelly, Davison.
SBR, Britek, Tasman, Team BOC

tom_kauf, can you work out this for me scorewise. I just realised my team I gave you was Round 1's team.

Ingall, Murphy, T Kelly, Davison.
SBR, Britek, Tasman, Team BOC
Sure, you got 131 points based on those drivers & teams.

But WTF, when I did mine & yours yesterday I could swear that Ingall was 18th in R1, but now the V8SC page says 24th & wasn't Courtney 13th not 11th :??

My program is obviously only as good as the idot that put in the Results, but I double checked it & I don't remeber Ingall being that far back in the race either. It was either my stuff-up, which is possible, but not likely since I would've had to make the same mistake 4 times (2xDriver & 2xTeam). Or was it something that happened post-race? Or did the people at V8SC make a mistake entering the Table (I doubt that it's done by hand). :|
Anyway, I actually have 187 points now (5 more because I had Courtey at 13 & he's now at 11th, eventhough Ingall dropped from 18th to 24th).

Can someone confirm that the V8SC Page Table was like this yesterday, or was I half-asleep & didn't notice Ingall finishing almost at the rear of the pack (24th)?

EDIT: Haha, I knew it :D . See the V8SC forum. They discussed all results. Ingall was shown as 18th, and Courtney was 13th: http://www.v8supercarforum.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=1563

But if Courtney went up 2 spots, which 2 in the Top 10 went down? I'm sure we'll find out in today's telecast.

Last edited:
I should have kept R1 team!!

Sure, you got 131 points based on those drivers & teams.

But WTF, when I did mine & yours yesterday I could swear that Ingall was 18th in R1, but now the V8SC page says 24th & wasn't Courtney 13th not 11th :??

My program is obviously only as good as the idot that put in the Results, but I double checked it & I don't remeber Ingall being that far back in the race either. It was either my stuff-up, which is possible, but not likely since I would've had to make the same mistake 4 times (2xDriver & 2xTeam). Or was it something that happened post-race? Or did the people at V8SC make a mistake entering the Table (I doubt that it's done by hand). :|
Anyway, I actually have 187 points now (5 more because I had Courtey at 13 & he's now at 11th, eventhough Ingall dropped from 18th to 24th).

Can someone confirm that the V8SC Page Table was like this yesterday, or was I half-asleep & didn't notice Ingall finishing almost at the rear of the pack (24th)?

EDIT: Haha, I knew it :D . See the V8SC forum. They discussed all results. Ingall was shown as 18th, and Courtney was 13th: http://www.v8supercarforum.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=1563

But if Courtney went up 2 spots, which 2 in the Top 10 went down? I'm sure we'll find out in today's telecast.

S.Richards, Ingall and Max Wilson all got penalities after race 1. Hence they dropped positions.

Ive done bad this round!!

411* Points for me. Skaife did great (he got more than all my other Drivers combined), Courtney's 2 DNFs hurt, Whincup started well but slipped away, Ingall started poorly but got better.
Skaife got the Fastest Lap, so got also got the 40 points for that.

312* Points for you HondaF1. Davison was by far the best for you :blink: (who would've thought, with all the other great names in your list).

*They mentioned an appeal from one of the Teams to a decision in Race 1, so the standings might change again.

Me:
me.JPG

HondaF1:
f1.JPG

^ Cheers for doing that mate. Im gonna get rid of some deadwood from that round. Team BOC is gone!!

Yeah, WPS is appealing Max Wilsons penalty.

Damn, well done. Haha Team Lurch, you' been relegated to 2nd. :p

Damn .... my lead didn't even last a full round!!

I think I did pretty poor this round - damn SBR are going to hurt me, although Skaife should drag the points up a bit.

Its annoying how you think you have the right set up, then it just pans out wrong. I think Tander is one Im gonna get for the whole season though.

Team - Black_Jack

Team - Black_Jack

Missed the first round but hopefully I can start to catch after this weekend:mrgreen:

Drivers: Tander, Kelly, Holsworth, Murphy
Cars: HSV, Kiwi, Britek, Cruickshank

Now all I have to do is trade away all the Fords for something better;)

Did anyone take part in the Sportal Tipping last year?
The reason I'm asking is because of the changes to Driver/Team prices after round3 (they're a rolling 3 round calculation). It doesn't explain it anywhere, so could someone tell me:
A) If I have eg. Courtney at 1.6M and his value goes up to 2M, will I suddenly have to pay 2M (or is he locked in at 1.6M until I Trade him)? Likewise if values go down?

B) If they do go up, and I run out of Trades for the season, I'd be above my Budget and not get any Points, right? :blink:
There are 14 Rounds, so 13 chances to make up to 2 Changes. That means I could run out of Trades after Round 9 (20 changes are allowed for thr Season).

Last edited:
Sorry for the double Post, but the (preliminary) results are in:
BUT WAIT, they're wrong :shock: .
At first I thought I'd made a mistake entering the scores into my Spreadsheet, but they made a mistake :D . Britek did not get 29 points for Qualifying. Gurr Qualified in the 20s & Bright didn't Qualify at all. There isn't any way to get 29 points for Qual, see the table (only 25p or 30p). They simply entered 29 into that field:
table.JPG

table2.JPG

Pssssst....:whistle: don't tell them. I had Britek and got an extra 29 points for free (411 as I worked out + 29p = 440) :lol: :lol:
All hail my Spreadsheet :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: . Seriously though, I doubt anyone else would've picked that up.
Congrats to Team Lurch though, back up to P1.

Last edited: